Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Do I neg a well known person in the hobby?

123457»

Comments

• Options
    You know what they say. If you have to ask...
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Apropos of the coin posse/aka caca: "The longer he spoke of his honor, the tighter I held to my purse."

• Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    Well, I've now read through this entire thread, (except for those massive blobs of jumbled words posted by Koinpro - this guy's a writer?), and I have only one thing to say: Damn! How'd I miss this one earlier? image

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,567 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could an objective observer who read through this thread (i.e not including the 2 parties or RBintex) summarize this mess, and tell me who was right and who was wrong? Thanks!
  • Options
    RYKRYK Posts: 35,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Summary:

DieVarieties sold a coin on ebay to KoinPro, who did not pay for 2 months (at least as we were told). After some banter on the forum, negative feedback ws exchanged. KoinPro was felt to be lax in his communications and promptness in payment.Later, we learn that DieVarieties and KoinPro have an ongoing relationship and send coins back and forth regularly. KoinPro claims to have promised to include the payment with some coins that he intended to send to DieVarieites. DieVarieties does not recall that in a phone conversation. Two weeks prior to the OP, KoinPro did send a package of coins to DieVarieties, which allegedly included the check for the princely sum of $22 and change, but sent the package to an old (non-current) address.

Sounds mostly like a series of miscommunications to me. I do not think that KoinPro was trying to hose DieVarieties, but I think he should have dropped a check in the mail earlier. Personally, I would not call out someone with whom I have an active and ongoing business relationship on this forum for $22.

In super-summary: Much Ado About Nothing image
  • Options
    If he was too busy to pay he should be too busy to sit down and write a retalitory neg.
    If I was half as smart as I am dumb Iwould be a genious
  • Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love reading responses from people who didn't bother to read the thread they are responding to.
    Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,567 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Summary:

DieVarieties sold a coin on ebay to KoinPro, who did not pay for 2 months (at least as we were told). After some banter on the forum, negative feedback ws exchanged. KoinPro was felt to be lax in his communications and promptness in payment.Later, we learn that DieVarieties and KoinPro have an ongoing relationship and send coins back and forth regularly. KoinPro claims to have promised to include the payment with some coins that he intended to send to DieVarieites. DieVarieties does not recall that in a phone conversation. Two weeks prior to the OP, KoinPro did send a package of coins to DieVarieties, which allegedly included the check for the princely sum of $22 and change, but sent the package to an old (non-current) address.

Sounds mostly like a series of miscommunications to me. I do not think that KoinPro was trying to hose DieVarieties, but I think he should have dropped a check in the mail earlier. Personally, I would not call out someone with whom I have an active and ongoing business relationship on this forum for $22.

In super-summary: Much Ado About Nothing image >>

Good grief!
  • Options

<< <i>Could an objective observer who read through this thread (i.e not including the 2 parties or RBintex) summarize this mess, and tell me who was right and who was wrong? Thanks! >>

How many differing opinions would you care for, sir? Would you like to order from our ala carte menu, since your time with us will be brief?

Let me demonstrate the problems that occur when requests such as this are made (what, your time is too valuable, or the poster's opinions unworthy?):

Buyer waits almost 2 months to pay, gets neg he deserves.

Apropos of the coin posse/aka caca: "The longer he spoke of his honor, the tighter I held to my purse."

• Options
    ..........so the two were each others schills ?!
  • Options
    tychojoetychojoe Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭
    nice try, Pharmer, but we're not going to go down that road again!
  • Options
    CoinRaritiesOnlineCoinRaritiesOnline Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭✭
    How did this drivel get to 300+ posts?
  • Options
    mozeppamozeppa Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭
    so...?

whats happ'nin'image
  • Options
    MyqqyMyqqy Posts: 9,777
    Personally, I would not call out someone with whom I have an active and ongoing business relationship on this forum for $22.

There you go, always talking about taking the high road and other such nonsense...... image
    My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable !
  • Options
    Must be a slow day 'round here to resurrect this. imageimage
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,483 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>We attempted to deliver your item at 7:53 am on September 09, 2006 in SUMMERVILLE, SC 29485 and a notice was left. It can be redelivered or picked up at the Post Office. If the item is unclaimed, it will be returned to the sender. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

image >>

Update:

Label/Receipt Number: RB54 7700 931U S

Your item was delivered at 11:41 am on September 25, 2006 in SUMMERVILLE, SC 29485. A proof of delivery record may be available through your local Post Office for a fee.

I wonder if my 2005-D Mint Set was in this package? I'd sure like to have my coins back!
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    pharmerpharmer Posts: 8,355
    Who owes you coins, Ken or Billy? I don't want to have to read it all again.

• Options
    jpo1965jpo1965 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭
    Wow $3,000 face to a wrong address between friends who mailed coins to each other all the time?Did anyone ever get there coins back?I got a top 100 book from Mr. potter once.He said it was shipped to wrong address and would reship took about 7 weeks to get it but i guess at least i got it. Did not neg him but would never buy again. His email was promt with the info though i guess.
    Old coins
  • Options

<< <i>Who owes you coins, Ken or Billy? I don't want to have to read it all again. >>

Ken.

He owe's keez as well for her 8/2006 submission of DDR-004.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you consider Ken Potter to be a real dealer or a wannabe?image

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    lordy

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    thisnamztakenthisnamztaken Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>There shouldn't be a different standard, no. Unless there are extreme circumstances justifying the delay (very unlikely), two months is too much for *anyone* to wait. It's time to file an NPB, or at least put someone on notice that you will be filing an NPB very soon if you're not paid. >>

I totally agree with this course of action.
    I never thought that growing old would happen so fast.
    - Jim
  • Options
    DJCoinzDJCoinz Posts: 3,856
    Someone wanna give me a run down of this thread? Don't feel like weeding through 350 posts right now. image
    aka Dan
  • Options
    He could have paid you in less than one minute more than e-mailing you that he was busy. I would file NPB leave a neutral and out the bastig here.

• Options
  • Options
    chiefbobchiefbob Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭
    Damn! I've gotta pay attention to the date of the thread. I saw Coinguy1 and thought he was back! image
    Retired Air Force 1965-2000
    Vietnam Vet 1968-1969
  • Options
    leothelyonleothelyon Posts: 8,374 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Damn! I've gotta pay attention to the date of the thread. I saw Coinguy1 and thought he was back! image >>

Ah yes! There's nothing like reading a few pages of an old thread before realizing, it is an old thread! image

Leo

The more qualities observed in a coin, the more desirable that coin becomes!

My Jefferson Nickel Collection

• Options
    TWQGTWQG Posts: 3,145 ✭✭

<< <i>He could have paid you in less than one minute more than e-mailing you that he was busy. I would file NPB leave a neutral and out the bastig here. >>

• Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does he write books that don't get delivered?? image
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    FrankcoinsFrankcoins Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭
    Before you neg a major dealer, ask yourself - will you ever need to do a transaction with that person again? I negged a dealer in 1998
    for a four week delay, ..not only did I receive a retalitory neg, but he has blocked me from bidding on his items, both on the account
    of my former company, and my personal account, for ten years. We also received some material in which this dealer is a market maker, and
    called him my phone, only to be told to stick it. Some people have long memories.
    Frank Provasek - PCGS Authorized Dealer, Life Member ANA, Member TNA. www.frankcoins.com
  • Options

<< <i>Damn! I've gotta pay attention to the date of the thread. I saw Coinguy1 and thought he was back! image >>

This so reminds me of old threads I've gotten into and your post really made me laugh! I've welcomed both Mark and Amanda back before looking at the dang date!

The jist of this post is that dievarieties (aka Billy Crawford) won an EBay item from ole koinpro (aka Ken Potter) and Ken never delivered the item for about 2 months. Billy wanted to neg him (and did) but the package was eventually delivered after a whole bunch of whining and miscommunications! Very professional on both their parts!

That package contained the 2005 mint set which had my Minnesota Extra Tree DDR-001 2005-D Denver coin in it along with keez's Minnesota Extra Tree 2005-P DDR-004 mint set. Neither of us have received our mint sets back from koinpro who is turning out to be koinnotsopro!

Billy's 2 month wait is nothing compared to our 17 month wait!

Also I do not know how many others were caught up in this fiasco but I'd sure like to get my mint set back!

BTW, koinpro writes for Coin World and Numismatic news as well as had better than 2,000 ebay auctions close since "misplacing" or "losing track" of our mint sets so its not a question of "absented mindedness" as much as it is a case of "I don't caredness"!

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    And don't forget he was the person who tried to single handedly relegate the Wisconsin extra leaf quarters to die gouge status. With the forums he has at his disposal, he came close. Gotta love the "experts". Remember the name, folks.

• Options
    YaHaYaHa Posts: 4,220
    Ken Potter is a class act people. I won a error coin from him 2 years back, although it was lost he sent me another one in good faith, we are talking about a $300.00 coin. I think something got screwed up in the delivery process on the first coin he sent me but again didnot blink twice in sending me another. So don't screw with his knowledge and well being in this hobby, he has done alot for the errors in coin collecting.
  • Options
    BlindedByEgoBlindedByEgo Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Ken Potter is a class act people. I won a error coin from him 2 years back, although it was lost he sent me another one in good faith, we are talking about a $300.00 coin. I think something got screwed up in the delivery process on the first coin he sent me but again didnot blink twice in sending me another. So don't screw with his knowledge and well being in this hobby, he has done alot for the errors in coin collecting. >>

So he shouldn't really have any problem in returning Lee's coins, right? Far as I'm concerned, just another coin geek with more brains than common sense. Sheesh.
  • Options
    53BKid53BKid Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭
    Wow, this one's a strange read!
    HAPPY COLLECTING!!!
  • Options
    notwilightnotwilight Posts: 12,864 ✭✭✭
    I lost respect for Ken Potter when he managed to get some president dollars that were accidently released by a bank before the mint release date, had them graded by a 2nd tier TPG because PCGS and NCG wouldn't give them back to him until the release date, and sold them on ebay. He wrote an article for the magazine he writes for hyping them. He obviously has a following of people who think he does no wrong but without an explanation for his actions I interpret them as a lack of respect for the rules the rest of us live by. --jerry
  • Options
    oxy8890oxy8890 Posts: 1,416

<< <i>Someone wanna give me a run down of this thread? Don't feel like weeding through 350 posts right now. image >>

Summary: From RYK 9-2006

In super-summary: Much Ado About Nothing

Best Regards,

Rob

"Those guys weren't Fathers they were...Mothers."

• Options
    oxy8890oxy8890 Posts: 1,416

<< <i>

<< <i>We attempted to deliver your item at 7:53 am on September 09, 2006 in SUMMERVILLE, SC 29485 and a notice was left. It can be redelivered or picked up at the Post Office. If the item is unclaimed, it will be returned to the sender. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

image >>

Update:

Label/Receipt Number: RB54 7700 931U S

Your item was delivered at 11:41 am on September 25, 2006 in SUMMERVILLE, SC 29485. A proof of delivery record may be available through your local Post Office for a fee.

I wonder if my 2005-D Mint Set was in this package? I'd sure like to have my coins back! >>

The above post dug up this 16 month dormant thread.
    Best Regards,

Rob

"Those guys weren't Fathers they were...Mothers."

• Options
    moonshinemoonshine Posts: 1,039 ✭✭
    I knew when I first saw this thread ... slow ... oh must be Ken Potter.

(Not that he isn't a good guy) - but he sure wants a lot for his bullion coins.

• Options
    FrankcoinsFrankcoins Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭
    I didn't know this was a thread from 2006...these ought to auto-lock after 30 days.
    Frank Provasek - PCGS Authorized Dealer, Life Member ANA, Member TNA. www.frankcoins.com
  • Options
    keezkeez Posts: 842

The dormant thread mentions a not-so dormant issue of a box of coins. I found it quite informative as well. Page 14 of the thread tells the whole story.

• Options

<< <i>Ken Potter is a class act people. I won a error coin from him 2 years back, although it was lost he sent me another one in good faith, we are talking about a $300.00 coin. I think something got screwed up in the delivery process on the first coin he sent me but again didnot blink twice in sending me another. So don't screw with his knowledge and well being in this hobby, he has done alot for the errors in coin collecting. >>

Class act people respond to email inquiries regarding the return of property which does not belong to them.Class act people keep track of coins that are sent to them for attribution so that they can be returned to their rightful owners.Class act people do not ignore repeated requests for information regarding property which does not belong to them but instead tend to their own financial interests.
    Nobody is screwing with his knowledge...................... just his professional integrity and ethics.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭
    What number is this post?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file