Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Do I neg a well known person in the hobby?

Comments

• Options
    ERER Posts: 7,345

<< <i>He has bid on at least one auction since he won yours:

He bid on this

And he has several auctions running right now:

His current auctions

Here is his auction history for the last 30 days:

Last 30 days >>

Come on man, he's busy, give him a break, will you?image I just love it when these so-called "well known and highly respected" members of the hobby get busted. Hah hah hah.
  • Options
    BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    Neg away.
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    LeeGLeeG Posts: 12,162
    We're all busy. We take care of our business though. That's what adults do.
  • Options
    CaseyCasey Posts: 1,502 ✭✭
    What a bunch of crap. Blast him.
  • Options

imageThis guy played me like a FOOL and now everybody I told on the PCGS Coin Forum thinks I'm an idiot
  • Options
    BlindedByEgoBlindedByEgo Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>imageThis guy played me like a FOOL and now everybody I told on the PCGS Coin Forum thinks I'm an idiot

>>

• Options
    I just left negative feedback. What I said in the feedback was 100% truth. Nothing exaggerated -- nothing understated. Exactly what happened.

Feedback

I have 100% positive feedback since I started ebay in Dec. 2001. If I receive retaliatory negative feedback -- then so be it.

I appreciate your responses.
  • Options
    If he does he is a Jerk. What would his reason be? Besides we all know what really happened

My daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 2 (2003). My son was diagnosed with Type 1 when he was 17 on December 31, 2009. We were stunned that another child of ours had been diagnosed. Please, if you don't have a favorite charity, consider giving to the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation)

JDRF Donation
  • Options
    WingsruleWingsrule Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭✭
    Well said, no emotion, just facts.

• Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If he does retaliate, you get to reply again as well. Use those 2nd set of words carefully. At this point I would expect the buyer to be fuming mad for "not giving him enough warning that your were serious." (lol) I would be surprised if his response is anything less than double nuclear. Detonation: T minus............

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭

<< <i>You don't know the other side...

I don't even think Billy knows the other side. I do know that whatever is happening, I wouldn't get bent out of shape for $22. But that's just me. >>

From the same guy that essentially tells me to eat a 575.00 POS scratched coin that I got from a "dealer".

Andy, you're clearly one of those people that either thinks that dealers can do no wrong or like to come across as that on here solely to stir the pot. Either way, it's old.
  • Options
    Perhaps your response to his retaliatory negative should be a link to this thread. Is that allowed?

What do you think, Mr. Bigglesworth?
  • Options

<< <i>I just left negative feedback. What I said in the feedback was 100% truth. Nothing exaggerated -- nothing understated. Exactly what happened.

Feedback

I have 100% positive feedback since I started ebay in Dec. 2001. If I receive retaliatory negative feedback -- then so be it.

I appreciate your responses. >>

That's actually about the most polite neg I've seen.

Well done. He earned it.
  • Options
    Geez, Billy, just because you're right doesn't mean you're right!

Call him on his cell - 313-268-3280

If you don't get paid by tomorrow let me know & I'LL paypal you the money. OK?

Need $22 THAT bad? Did you even try to get his number from eBay OR off his website? Did you e-mail him at the addy from his WEBSITE?

kenpotter256@aol.com

You have to know that Ken is the sweetest scatterbrain absentminded nutty professor in the hobby - don't you?

I can't believe you even brought this up on the boards. Pretty low class of you IMHO.
  • Options
    he's a DEADBEAT!!!!!!!!!!!

he certainly wouldn't wait 60+ days for a payment I'd bet.

22.00 or 2,200.... He's still a deadbeat.

Be sure to block him too Billy.image
  • Options
    Come on. Sometimes lessons in life need to be paid. It's not about $22 or $220 or $2200. Imagine all the time that DV has spent pondering this issue for the past 2 months. Enough is enough.
    If the guy has any class he won't retaliate. But now that the whole forum has his cell phone number...we can all call him. One neg FB isn't going to hurt anybody....and it's 100% accurate. The biggest problem with ebay FB is that everyone is afraid to give a neg to people that have earned it. Hence 99.9% of all sellers have 99% or better FB.

roadrunner
  • Options
    MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,969 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK -- so where is it that I'm screwed up? I'm not bent out of shape over $22. What I asked was do I neg a well known person in our hobby? But your statement about the $22 begs me to ask a question. At what amount does is matter? $50? $100?

When the deal is large enough that you think the non-payment may be motivated by the buyer's financial self-interest, a neg is required. Depending on the deal and the identity of the buyer, that number could be almost any price. In this case, I have to believe that the non-payment has nothing to do with the money. Ken has too much to lose to screw around on a $22 deal. Something is up. "Busy" could be a cover story for overwhelming physical or emotional problems, a family crisis or financial chaos. You may never know, and frankly, for $22, you don't need to know. Just relist the friggin' thing and forget about it.
    Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • Options
    He'd wait a lot longer than that - believe me.

I think he's missed the communications & Billy has not been overly diligent in trying to reach him - not that he hasn't done the minimum required by eBay.

A non-paying bidder dispute should have already been opened a week or 2 after the sale so that every time he logged in to eBay he would have gotten a reminder that this was still outstanding.

Better yet Billy, give me your e-mail & I'll PayPal you RIGHT NOW.
  • Options

<< <i>OK -- so where is it that I'm screwed up? I'm not bent out of shape over $22. What I asked was do I neg a well known person in our hobby? But your statement about the $22 begs me to ask a question. At what amount does is matter? $50? $100?

When the deal is large enough that you think the non-payment may be motivated by the buyer's financial self-interest, a neg is required. Depending on the deal and the identity of the buyer, that number could be almost any price. In this case, I have to believe that the non-payment has nothing to do with the money. Ken has too much to lose to screw around on a $22 deal. Something is up. "Busy" could be a cover story for overwhelming physical or emotional problems, a family crisis or financial chaos. You may never know, and frankly, for $22, you don't need to know. Just relist the friggin' thing and forget about it. >>

YEAH...he's so overwhelmed with some imaginary problem he ran 111 listings on ebay with a large chunk of them still running.

No excuse.
  • Options

<< <i>Geez, Billy, just because you're right doesn't mean you're right!

Need $22 THAT bad? Did you even try to get his number from eBay OR off his website? Did you e-mail him at the addy from his <a class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://koinpro.tripod.com/" target=blank><STRONG>website</STRONG></A>?

kenpotter256@aol.com

You have to know that Ken is the sweetest scatterbrain nutty professor in the hobby - don't you?

I can't believe you even brought this up on the boards. Pretty low class of you IMHO. >>

I don't see how the above contact information would be relevant. This apparently was not a case where the buyer and seller weren't in contact with one another. On the contrary, we have been told that the buyer was contacted and responded. He was busy.
  • Options
    Goose, he could be sleep walking and placing all those auctions in his sleep and not be aware of it. Again, let's give him the benefit of the doubt.

roadrunner
  • Options
    Some people on here really show their true color. Amazing! Well, not really, it's kinda expected.image
  • Options
    flaminioflaminio Posts: 5,664 ✭✭✭

<< <i>When he said "you wusses" which is plural, I assumed he was talking in general, including the "I know who the coin doctors are" threads. >>

Yes, and of course the incessant "wannabe" threads. In my opinion, it does the community no good whatsover to come here and bellyache without saying who one is bellyaching about. Leaving the other party anonymous provides no useful information, prevents us from establishing context, and allows the anonymous to continue their nefarious ways. Frankly, when someone posts naughtiness without naming the offender, I reflexively tend to side with the other guy.

The OP of this thread, to his credit, did ultimately name the dude, but only after several of us had to ask. It should have been in the first post.
  • Options

<< <i>Geez, Billy, just because you're right doesn't mean you're right!

Need $22 THAT bad? Did you even try to get his number from eBay OR off his website? Did you e-mail him at the addy from his WEBSITE?

kenpotter256@aol.com

You have to know that Ken is the sweetest scatterbrain nutty professor in the hobby - don't you?

I can't believe you even brought this up on the boards. Pretty low class of you IMHO. >>

Ah --- I was wondering how long it would be before it turned around that I was the bad guy.

Excuse the hell out of me for putting up an auction and it sold to someone who was too busy to pay. Nevermind that this person has completed 72 other auctions since my auction ended -- I guess my auction he won is not worth of his busy time -- or that he has attended coin shows -- or that he writes articles in just about every issue of NN and/or CW -- nevermind that I waited over 2 months giving the benefit of the doubt with numerous correspondence and phone conversation with him -- hell I should have waited till the cow jumped over the moon.

• Options
    hell I should have waited till the cow jumped over the moon.

Might as well. Based on this thread and on all the effort you have expended trying to collect your $22, you obviously don't value your time very highly.
    Andy Lustig

• Options
    Get a life dude! $22 is worth this much mental anguish to you?
  • Options
    Billy, why bother. The person who called you low class must be looking at the mirror while typing.
  • Options
    flaminioflaminio Posts: 5,664 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Ah --- I was wondering how long it would be before it turned around that I was the bad guy. >>

I don't think you're the bad guy. Two months is plenty generous to wait for payment. The neg was totally deserved.
  • Options
    Cue Twilight Zone soundtrack. You two are going to give coin dealers a bad name with those ethics.

Referring to the two who are defending Ken and attacking Billy.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Apropos of the coin posse/aka caca: "The longer he spoke of his honor, the tighter I held to my purse."

• Options
    Billy,

You REALLY want people here to believe it's really over $22 & that you DON'T have a hidden agenda? Isn't Ken one of your biggest competitors?
  • Options

<< <i>Billy,

You REALLY want people here to believe it's really over $22 & that you DON'T have a hidden agenda? Isn't Ken one of your biggest competitors? >>

What's your agenda?
  • Options
    << Isn't Ken one of your biggest competitors?>>

As was the case with the contact information you provided, even if they are competitors it's irrelevant. IF the parties have been in touch, the buyer said he was "busy", it's been 60 days and the buyer hasn't paid, he deserves a negative. That is regardless of the amount of $ involved or who he is.
  • Options
    As I said before, just because you're right (w/respect to the technical facts) doesn't mean you're right (w/respect to the damage to his reputation you have tried to perpetuate OR w/respect to the action you had a right to take - i.e. neg. feedback - but could have CHOSEN not to).

I'm sorry I saw this thread AFTER you made that decision. I genuinely would have sent you the money AND called Ken ASAP to set him straight.

I guess, for every time you sped in your life you've mailed a check to the county? Mercy & forgiveness are obviously not your strong suits (although I guess you can't be criticized for your patience) NOR is your communications apparently.

Exactly how many times had you spoken to him on the phone anyway?

• Options
    Who the hel are you to be demanding answers? Get a grip.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Apropos of the coin posse/aka caca: "The longer he spoke of his honor, the tighter I held to my purse."

• Options
    He says they spoke on the phone. We are not allowed to ask him about that?
  • Options
    Hey RBinTex, what's YOUR real agenda? Are you Mr. Potter's attack dog?
  • Options
    No I'm not. I've spoken my mind. I mean exactly what I've said. I think to bring this up was low class & Billy is a petty grumpy idiot.

p.s. Billy, YOU asked THIS in your OP: "So -- do I neg? or forget it?" Why not just forget it? YOU offfered it as an option.

You need OUR input to set YOUR moral compass OR business acumen? Pathetic.
  • Options
    RB:

Oh I follow you. It's the golden rule your implying here. Which means from your warped mind whoever has the gold rules! Further meaning that KP is above standards we peons must adhere to. The ole justice for the rich and then there is a diferent justice for others. That I should cowtow and head off to a corner and keep my mouth shut.
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,893 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DO I NEG A WELL KNOWN PERSON IN THE HOBBY ?

Yes you do.......... that is the answer !
    Now the question is : Did you see the picture you painted of yourself ?

• Options
    The ole justice for the rich and then there is a diferent justice for others.

Wait a second. Ken is rich? Give me a moment to rethink my position...
    Andy Lustig

• Options
    BlindedByEgoBlindedByEgo Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've learned one very important thing from this thread - that this is not a very comfortable place to post a question where ethics, personal responsibility and accountability are to be discussed, especially if they must be applied to smoeone well known in the industry.

What it comes down to for me, at a very personal level, is this:

1) You can take the measure of a man by what makes him mad.

2) Honor and ethics are not situational, nor are they tied to a dollar amount.

Flame away.
  • Options
    "Oh I follow you. It's the golden rule your implying here. Which means from your warped mind whoever has the gold rules! Further meaning that KP is above standards we peons must adhere to. The ole justice for the rich and then there is a diferent justice for others. That I should cowtow and head off to a corner and keep my mouth shut."

NO Billy. You misunderstand me or are choosing (another poor choice) to not acknowledge what I am saying.

Once again, you had EVERY RIGHT to do what you did. You DID NOT have to CHOOSE to do what you did - not only this thread but also the negative feedback. These were choices that YOU made (YES, you had EVERY right to make them).

Your insult of my mind aside, I'm not implying in ANY way that "whoever has the gold rules". The problem appears to be for YOU that (while I GENUINELY live by the golden rule) you have no concept what it is. That's why YOU are the one with the "warped" and skewed view of humanity.

I find, in general, that it's the ones that don't trust others that are the ones that really can't be trusted.

I'm not implying IN ANY WAY that Ken is above ANY standards & if I caught this thread BEFORE you neg'd him I'd have gotten you paid, an apology from him, AND would have given him a good chewing out.

HE WAS WRONG (FOR WHATEVER REASON) TO NOT HAVE PAID YOU YET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You appear to have some genuine paranoia/isolationist/inferioriorty/persecution issues going on judging by your words above.

Hey Billy, why don't you publicly tell the people here how you block people on eBay that you've sold a coin to that you later notice have flipped it for a profit.
  • Options
    He deserved a neg and you negged him.

All the other noise in this thread and suggestions that you should cut him some slack or drop the issue simply baffle me.
  • Options

<< <i>Hey Billy, why don't you publicly tell the people here how you block people on eBay that you've sold a coin to that you later notice have flipped it for a profit. >>

WTF does that have to do with the price of tea in China?

Get this...I block people that take more than 2 weeks to pay me....I don't have the time or patience to fool with people that make bids and then pay whenever they feel like it.
  • Options
    And that is CERTAINLY your right.
  • Options
    All the other noise in this thread and suggestions that you should cut him some slack or drop the issue simply baffle me.

Perhaps that is because some of us know more about KP than you do. (I don't.) And some of us are willing to try to look below the surface and we recognize that there are things we cannot see. (That would be me.)
    Andy Lustig

• Options
    Billy,

Just got off the phone with Ken. He said he mailed you the check almost 2 weeks ago ALONG WITH A VERY LARGE QUANTITY OF COINS TO ATTRIBUTE FOR HIM.

Are you really a freakin' mental case (or just a miserable person & a bad businessman)? How much is he paying you to attribute the coins? Do YOU wanna lose THAT business over $22?

He also said you NEVER gave him an ultimatum to pay by X date ot you'd do Y.

You have not fairly presented this issue to us and YOU should be blocked from all of OUR buying on eBay!
  • Options
    some of you would stick up for a dealer and proclaim him to be innocent if you were to witness him put a gun to someone's head and rob them.
  • Options
    mozeppamozeppa Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭
    Roger...its been two YEARS SINCE you promised to hunt down a 1992-D close am cent for me...

you're a dead beat!

and i DEMAND you find me one and send it to me free!

until such time...my feelings are hurt!

• Options
    Goose, call him right now. Surely you know ME better by now to not think I'D stick up for a "dealer" just because image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file