Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Did anyone receive that online survey email from NGC?

LongacreLongacre Posts: 16,717 ✭✭✭
I normally delete surveys such as this, but I saw it was from Scott S. (formerly of Pinnacle), so I felt obligated to respond. It asked questions about ranking the grading services (only PCGS, NGC, and ANACS) on things such as quality, consistency, appeal of holders, etc. It also asked a few questions about the NGC message boards and what could be done to improve them. Has anyone else responded to this?
Always took candy from strangers
Didn't wanna get me no trade
Never want to be like papa
Working for the boss every night and day
--"Happy", by the Rolling Stones (1972)

Comments

• Options
    librtyheadlibrtyhead Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭
    I got one but have not responded..........maybe this weekend edit: Do they let you see the results?
  • Options
    LongacreLongacre Posts: 16,717 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I got one but have not responded..........maybe this weekend edit: Do they let you see the results? >>

I was not able to see the results.
    Always took candy from strangers
    Didn't wanna get me no trade
    Never want to be like papa
    Working for the boss every night and day
    --"Happy", by the Rolling Stones (1972)
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got something but it is offering a chance for IPODs or iTunes or something, so I deleted it.
    Nothing I would use.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    MrKelsoMrKelso Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭
    I got one and sent it in. I gave roses to ICG for all the hard work they are doing in the fill in areas of the form. image

"The silver is mine and the gold is mine,' declares the LORD GOD Almighty."
  • Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,948 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I immediately delete all surveys. The scammers have gotten too sophisticated to take the chance.
    All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    I did not complete the survey because I was unsure it was really from NGC. Maybe I'll go ahead and complete it if y'all did and there were no spamming repricussions. image

Jonathan
    I have been a collector for over mumbly-five years. I learn something new every day.
  • Options
    MFHMFH Posts: 11,720 ✭✭✭✭

I actually received two surveys. I responded but they may not have liked what I had to say. I mentioned that I thought they were too lax in their grading and that I ranked them behind ANACS. Say what you will about PCGS and how tough they are on your submissions, they really are the premiere grading company on the market.

I mentioned that turn-around times at PCGS & NGC need to take a lesson from ANACS*. I didn't discuss ICG as there was no ranking assigned for ICG services.

(*) Regular service turn around times ( not economy service ) at ANACS has it all over all the other TPG's IMHO. --- Too bad their new holders are so cheesy; I still like the older cachets.
    Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Coin collecting is not a hobby, it's an obsession !

New Barber Purchases
  • Options
    HighReliefHighRelief Posts: 3,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did the survey and concluded that NGC wants to know where they stand with PCGS and ANACS. After I completed the survey, I was entered in a drawing for a $25.00 gift or some IPOD.

They should have made it interesting and given away a High Relief Saint like Heritage does every year.
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,487 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes I responded.

They have one programing error. If you participate in only the PCGS or NGC registries and NOT both, you can't respond accurately. They force you to answer the question as to which registry is better when in fact if you are like me, I have not idea what the other registry (for me PCGS) is like.
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options

<< <i>Yes I responded.

They have one programing error. If you participate in only the PCGS or NGC registries and NOT both, you can't respond accurately. They force you to answer the question as to which registry is better when in fact if you are like me, I have not idea what the other registry (for me PCGS) is like. >>

same here.
    imageDo not taunt Happy Fun Ball image
  • Options
    foodudefoodude Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭
    Yes. I received two, and responded to one.
    Greg Allen Coins, LLC Show Schedule: https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/573044/our-show-schedule-updated-10-2-16 Authorized dealer for NGC, PCGS, CAC, and QA. Member of PNG, RTT (Founding Platinum Member), FUN, MSNS, and NCBA (formerly ICTA); Life Member of ANA and CSNS. NCBA Board member. "GA3" on CCE.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Yes I responded.

They have one programing error. If you participate in only the PCGS or NGC registries and NOT both, you can't respond accurately. They force you to answer the question as to which registry is better when in fact if you are like me, I have not idea what the other registry (for me PCGS) is like. >>

same here. >>

I checked (other) and put info on the error there, then it let me finish.
  • Options
    Spam Filter ?
  • Options

<< <i>Spam Filter ? >>

No. It looked like a program problem as we all had the same thing happen.
  • Options

Yep. and responded.
    Enjoy each day as though it was your last.
  • Options
    500Bay500Bay Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭
    I got one and sent it in.
    I am not in either registry, so that aspect was not a problem for me.

Greg
    Finem Respice
  • Options
    dorancoinsdorancoins Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭
    I did - filled it out, sent it in!
    DORAN COINS - On Facebook, Instagram, X (formerly Twitter), & www.dorancoins.net - UPCOMING SHOWS (tentative dates)- 10/8/2023 - Fairfield, IL, 11/5/2023 - Urbana, IL., 12/3/2023 - Mattoon, IL.
  • Options
    CoxeCoxe Posts: 11,139
    Yes, I did the survey and honestly answered their questions even though I didn't care about an iPod.
    Select Rarities -- DMPLs and VAMs
    NSDR - Life Member
    SSDC - Life Member
    ANA - Pay As I Go Member
  • Options
    dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was like longacre. I saw it was from Scott S, whom I very much respect, and so I responded.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file