Home Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways
Options

Updated: Pre-1930 tag signup for start on September 3rd! $500 box: Box is underway!!!!!

Rules used by permission from CoinDexter:

******This will be for pre-1930 coins ONLY!***********

NO MODERN COINS MINTED AFTER 1930!!! This includes : tokens, medals, commemoratives...etc.

Okay folks, it's tag time! Here are the official rules for this tag:

THE RULES

1) All contact info shared between all members of the tag.

2) Once a tag begins, no one may be added to the list.

3) A detailed list of items contained in the box will be both kept by the sender and included in the box. The receiver will mark off the coins they take and add their additions to the list. They will also make a copy of the altered list for their records.

4) All box transactions will be posted to a tag thread which will be started by the person that initiates the tag. For example, if I remove an UNC 1885O Morgan from the box and added an UNC 1896 Morgan I would post something like: "Removed UNC 1885O $1 and replaced it with UNC 1896 $1." This way everybody can track what's going on with the tag and knows exactly what to expect when the box gets to them.

5) No person may keep the tag box more than 5 business days to insure timely completion of the tag.

There are a few additional rules that will apply with mine:

1. You must have completed a minimum of 2 swaps in this forum and they must have been successful. I really don't like getting burned and neither will anyone else.

2. If you take 1 item from the box and wish to exchange it with several coins that equal the proposed amount, you need to disclose the dates, mm, and type of coins. If any of the participants wish to take ANY of the multiples of coins that were in exchange for a single coin, That is acceptable for this swap, they must update the listing in the box and keep a copy of the updated listing with them.

3. YOU WILL PM ME WHEN THE BOX ARRIVES AND WHEN IT DEPARTS. THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS!!!!

4. Please remember that like the forum swaps, this is not a place to get rid of junk coins nor mangled coins. Holey coins will be allowed but only if dated prior to 1900.

5. MOST IMPORTANTLY: BOX WILL BE SHIPPED USPS AND INSURED FOR DECLARED AMOUNT! You will update the tag posting here with the tracking number.

This tag will be for 10 members. First 10 to pm me with their contact information will be in this tag. Coins will be initially valued from $50 - $75 with box content to not exceed $500.

On the eve of September 1st, I will post the starting contents of the box and the members in the order in which we will participate. I will try and coordinate the geographical areas of the tag members to alleviate any non-essential cross-country shipping.

As members who have swapped with me in the past or participated in the last tag, you only have to ask to be scheduled either closer to the start of the tag or the end to coordinate with any planned "away or vacation" times. I am very flexible on this as the last participants are aware of.
Last tag went VERY well!!! Let's keep up the momentum...........
This is a very dumb ass thread. - Laura Sperber - Tuesday January 09, 2007 11:16 AM image

Hell, I don't need to exercise.....I get enough just pushing my luck.

Comments

• Options
    MillertimeMillertime Posts: 2,048 ✭✭
    Count me in on this one.

Millertime
  • Options
    BigJohnDBigJohnD Posts: 329 ✭✭✭
    I'm in.
  • Options
    Millertime and BigJohnD are in.

I have both of their information with the exception of JD's email.
    This is a very dumb ass thread. - Laura Sperber - Tuesday January 09, 2007 11:16 AM image

• Options
    claychaserclaychaser Posts: 4,405 ✭✭✭✭
    Please put me in!

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye
  • Options
    You are definately in John!!!

• Options
    BoomBoom Posts: 10,165
  • Options
    Boom, you are in!

• Options
    Musky1011Musky1011 Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭✭
    count me in too, please

Jim
    Pilgrim Clock and Gift Shop.. Expert clock repair since 1844

Menomonee Falls Wisconsin USA

http://www.pcgs.com/SetRegistr...dset.aspx?s=68269&ac=1">Musky 1861 Mint Set
  • Options
    PM sent
  • Options
    Added to the list are Musky1011 and DocMortar

Total so far is 7 including myself

• Options
    I'd like in on the pre1930 tag if there's still room
  • Options
    Still more room for 2 ppl!!!!

• Options
    I am back in the states... and provided you will allow it... I would like to participate in this. I know im late on the starting times... but I havent seen an update...

I participated in a couple swaps while overseas in Japan... and It made it difficult... but im definately in for this and will not delay.

My computer (or the forum server) wouldnt allow me to proceed to the pm section. Here is all of my info.

My SHIPPING address is (I am the only person there, so do not be alarmed).

Sorry. I deleted it... I didnt realize they were being shipped USPS.

My MAILING address (For anything other then packages) is (dont know why you would need it... but here it is)

BoatBright
    C/O William Bennett
    P.O. Box 23435
    Hilton Head Island, SC 29925
  • Options
    I can add you but you need to send me your email addr, and a ph# where you can be reached at. Send it to me @ eyoung429@gmail.com

I will be posting the order of the TAG today as well as the contents of the box by COB today.

• Options
    I am sending them to you right now.
  • Options
    Updated:

Sorry for the delay everyone, I had an emergency in the family that required me to be away this past week. I will be posting the contents of the box and the shipping order this afternoon.

Did I miss anything?

• Options

<< <i>Did I miss anything? >>

you haven't missed anything. hope your family is ok.
  • Options
    Ok, here are the contents of the box:

1921 - D VAM 1P
    1881 - S PCGS MS63PL - VAM 5
    1887 - P PCI MS64
    1881 - S PCGS MS63
    1921 - D JOH-16
    1898 - P MS64
    1886 - P MS64
    1881 - S MS64
    1885 - P MS64
    1852 T1 VF
    1923 - P MS64

The order that this will occur in is:

30Anvz28
    Millertime
    Musky1011
    BigJohnD
    Boom
    ClayChaser
    DocMortar
    Cullenbryant

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask!!!

Thank you also for your patience in this.....

• Options
    Box has gone out

Signature Confirmation™ Label Number: 2503 8555 7490 6542 6002

• Options
    USMC_6115USMC_6115 Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow! Looks like a great swap for Morgan collectors...80% Morgans!
  • Options
    Nice selection. I know what I'm wishing for, I guess I'll know in a week or so if I get it.

Millertime
  • Options
    YAHOO, I'm behind BigJohnD. I can't wait! Man, send me something nice Big John!! imageimage
  • Options
    I will keep an eye out for it in the mail.

Millertime... I dont have many top grade Morgans, nor know much about them... so Im probably not going to take much from that. You will probably get lucky.
  • Options
    I dont have anyones address???
  • Options
    Info sent for Millertime in your pm.

• Options
    Thanks.

I havent gotten the delivery paper yet. Hopefully it makes it out here this week.
  • Options
    Looks like a good crew of swappers, for sure!

If I put a PCGS 69 First Stike Buffalo $50 Gold piece in hypothetically I could take ALL the contents and still come out on the short end! image

Ths would sure put a limit as to what the guy behing me gets to choose from AND what he must put in to compensate for this $700+ coin! image
  • Options
    Ok, I DARE YOU!!!

• Options

<< <i>Looks like a good crew of swappers, for sure!

If I put a PCGS 69 First Stike Buffalo $50 Gold piece in hypothetically I could take ALL the contents and still come out on the short end! image

Ths would sure put a limit as to what the guy behing me gets to choose from AND what he must put in to compensate for this $700+ coin! image >>

Thats kind of a cheap move... lol.
  • Options
    Received the TAG box about 60 seconds ago. Havent even had the chance to break her open. I have to go meet with a customer of mine... so hopefully I will be able to update later on tonight and get it back on the road tomorrow.
  • Options
    Ok, so I opened it for a peak... and have a question. If there is a graded coin, is it allowed to trade for a raw coin, (obviously values here MUST be taken into consideration... but before I do anything, I want to make sure.) I will even go over the trade on here to see if you guys agree if you would like.

William
  • Options
    Post it here to the group. I personally do not have an issue as long as the coin/s being swapped are of similar value.

• Options
    I have a raw 1853 Seated Half. A general consesus a long time ago on the forums put it at a F-25+ coin. (This was averaging everyones responses together). I also figured this would add a little variety to the box as well... as there are 9 Morgans, 1 Peace, and 1 3C.
  • Options
    fine by me....let me guess, you want the 63PL....image

• Options

<< <i>fine by me....let me guess, you want the 63PL....image >>

I was thinking about it... but the more I look at a couple of the raw ones... I cant make up my mind... lol.
  • Options
    Ok. I finally made up my mind and taped the box back up before I changed it again. Since Millertime knows what he wants so bad... Ill pm you eyoung with the new contents of the box. Once Millertime receives it, I will let eveyone else know. I tried to make sure the trades were dead even... or a little higher on my part... but if anyone feels that I tried to de-value the box... please just say so and I can un-swap... lol. Im learning a lot about coins, and feel I did a decent job on the swap.

I also added some variety... a penny, and a half. But what did I take? Only Millertime will know soon. (And the originator)
  • Options
    Oh yes... box will go out tomorrow. Im waiting on a customer to show up... and cant close up shop to go to post office. Sorry.
  • Options

<< <i>Ok. I finally made up my mind and taped the box back up before I changed it again. Since Millertime knows what he wants so bad... Ill pm you eyoung with the new contents of the box. Once Millertime receives it, I will let eveyone else know. I tried to make sure the trades were dead even... or a little higher on my part... but if anyone feels that I tried to de-value the box... please just say so and I can un-swap... lol. Im learning a lot about coins, and feel I did a decent job on the swap.

I also added some variety... a penny, and a half. But what did I take? Only Millertime will know soon. (And the originator) >>

Thanks a lot. I've been patiently (ok, impatiently) waiting to see if the coins I have my eye on are still going to be there and now you're going to make me wait a few more days. That's just cruel. image

I guess I'll go back to patiently waiting......image

Millertime
  • Options
    Lol... I feel thats half the fun. Its like getting a mystery box instead of something that you know is in there. Your going to open it up, and unwrap each coin wondering if its what you are waiting around for... if you know its there... the fun is over... so you get to wait a few more days.... lol.
  • Options
    Sorry guys... I forgot to post shipping info... and my car is getting the window fixed (it falls off track???)

It was shipped via UPS Ground Insured. Once I get my car back in my hands... Ill get the tracking number... its in the glove box.image
  • Options
    Where, oh where did my little box go?

• Options
    It was shipped via UPS Ground. Should be there thurs or fri if I recall correctly. Im picking my car up first thing tomorrow... and will get the sticker out of the glove box with the tracking number. (They were suppost to email it to me... but alas, I never received it).
  • Options
    I received the package today and I should get it out by Tue next week.

Millertime
  • Options
    Sorry for the delay guys. I've been replacing a computer and dishwasher but I'll get the package out tomorrow.

Millertime
  • Options
    yada yada yada

I will be expecting it soonimage

Jim

• Options
    Here's the contents of the box going to Musky1011 today. The list is updated to include the coins taken and added by 30anvZ28.

1921 - D VAM 1P
    1881 - S PCGS MS63PL - VAM 5 **Taken by 30anvZ28**
    1887 - P PCI MS64
    1881 - S PCGS MS63 **Taken by Millertime
    1921 - D JOH-16
    1898 - P MS64
    1886 - P MS64
    1881 - S MS64
    1885 - P MS64 **Taken by 30anvZ28
    1852 T1 VF **Taken by Millertime
    1923 - P MS64

30anvZ28 added:

1853 Seated Half
    1893 Indian Head Cent

Millertime added:

1829 Bust Dime
    1865 2c
    1838 Large Cent
    1843 Large Cent

Package shipped 10/5/06 delivery confirmation w/insurance.

DC #0306 1070 0002 8762 3197

Millertime
  • Options
    Picked up box at the P.O. yesterday

Going to a coin show on sunday to pick up something to put in box

Will ship monday or tuesday

Jim

• Options
    List of coins Recieved minus what already has been taken

<< <i>Here's the contents of the box going to Musky1011 today. The list is updated to include the coins taken and added by 30anvZ28.

1921 - D VAM 1P
    1881 - S PCGS MS63PL - VAM 5 **Taken by 30anvZ28**
    1887 - P PCI MS64
    1881 - S PCGS MS63 **Taken by Millertime
    1921 - D JOH-16
    1898 - P MS64
    1886 - P MS64
    1881 - S MS64
    1885 - P MS64 **Taken by 30anvZ28
    1852 T1 VF **Taken by Millertime
    1923 - P MS64

30anvZ28 added:

1853 Seated Half Musky1011- Going to Grabbed it
    1893 Indian Head Cent

Millertime added:

1829 Bust Dime
    1865 2c
    1838 Large Cent
    1843 Large Cent

Musky added

1857 Flying Eagle Cent--Fine+

I will check them out closer to see what else I will grab

Jim

• Options
    ttt