Home Sports Talk
Options

Axtell Boycott

13»

Comments

• Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    hey stownie-

you wanted to bring up number of wins, I brought up winning percentage (which is a true measure of a team's ability).

Bucs have a higher winning percentage, through four years, FACT.
    Bucs were in the playoffs and the championship game in year 4, FACT.
    Texans are starting over with a new coach and offensive coordinator already, FACT.
    stown's an idiot, FACT.

Now that you've been owned, idiot, time for you to get your ass banned again.

Beat it.
  • Options
    So stown, you wanted to bring up 'total victories' when in fact winning percentage shows the Bucs in their first four years to be ahead of where the texans are.

What's that sound you hear? Is that you collapsing to the floor after the beatdown you just received?

Hope you make it back to banned status again!
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    Over the first four years, including a 10-win season, the Bucs beat out the Texans by a MIGHTY .002 winning percentage. Yawn...

Over the first three years, the Texans DOMINATED and more than DOUBLED the percentage .159 to .327

As for facts?

FACT - The Bucs are over 100 games below .500
    FACT - The Bucs are the last team to go winless in a season
    FACT - The Bucs have four 2-win seasons
    FACT - The Bucs went 17 of 21 years having at least 10 losses including 12 in a row
    FACT - You jumped onto their bandwagon after they won a Super Bowl and were flavor of the month
    FACT - You are all bark and no bite
    FACT - You want me banned because I own you like a $2 crack ho

And just remember, Tinkerbell, you attempt to pull a Cindy Brady and you won't be posting anymore. The choice is yours image
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    Why do you call Axtell Tinkerbell? I like it but was wondering why.
  • Options

<< <i>Over the first four years, including a 10-win season, the Bucs beat out the Texans by a MIGHTY .002 winning percentage. Yawn... >>

You claimed the texans were more successful...I refuted that statement with FACTS. NEXT!

<< <i>Over the first three years, the Texans DOMINATED and more than DOUBLED the percentage .159 to .327 >>

Sure, leave out the texans WORST year and the Bucs BEST year and you will come to that conclusion...and you accuse me of spinning? NEXT!

<< <i>

You lose, dipchit.

NEXT!
  • Options
    Uh, Tinkerbell, please show me one thing I was wrong about. Oh that's right, you can't. BAWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

<< <i>Why do you call Axtell Tinkerbell? I like it but was wondering why. >>

From the link in my sig line:

"That's the whole point. As it says in the article I posted, Bush could get more salary, even if it's only $1, just to show off. It's ALL about the guaranteed salary.... Axtell knows this hence the reason he refuses to accept the original bet.

Speaking of the little doggy that's all bark and no bite.

See you had another long, lonely Friday night fantasizing about A-Rod again.

You spew all this trash about Reggie being a "once in a generation player" and guaranteeing he would be the highest paid NFL rookie, yet become a coward and run with your tail in between your legs when you get called out.

While it would be hilarious to see Cindy Brady as your icon for the entire football season, I'll just call you by a name that suits you perfectly.

Tinkerbell image "
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    DirtyHarryDirtyHarry Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭
    Without investing the time to read this entire stream of posts, Axtell lives his life here and feels he is the Yoda of this board. Has both good additions and worthless, incendiary additions.
    Proud of my 16x20 autographed and framed collection - all signed in person. Not big on modern - I'm stuck in the past!
  • Options
    Winning percentages, not total wins, speaks volumes. The bucs had a higher winning percentage over their first four years than the texans. This comes even with the Bucs losing their first 26 games straight. There is no denying these FACTS you moron.

What does that tell you about how absolutely miserably poor the texans have been? The fact they continue to turn over coaches and coordinators, with no sense of direction (uhm, passing on reggie bush, a game changer, for defensive help? hello! mcfly!) shows this franchise has no idea what the hell they are doing.

Meanwhile, the Bucs are winning division titles, have a fresh, solid group of young players at key skill positions, and are on track for another playoff run.

• Options

<< <i>Winning percentages, not total wins, speaks volumes. The bucs had a higher winning percentage over their first four years than the texans. This comes even with the Bucs losing their first 26 games straight. There is no denying these FACTS you moron.

What does that tell you about how absolutely miserably poor the texans have been? The fact they continue to turn over coaches and coordinators, with no sense of direction (uhm, passing on reggie bush, a game changer, for defensive help? hello! mcfly!) shows this franchise has no idea what the hell they are doing.

Meanwhile, the Bucs are winning division titles, have a fresh, solid group of young players at key skill positions, and are on track for another playoff run. >>

Another long, lonely Friday night thinking of A-Rod, huh Tinkerbell image

You are a broken record.. a broken record.. a broken record.. a broken record.. a broken record..

The Texans had one bad year while the Bucs had 17 of 21 years losing at least 10 games, the last team to go winless, 4 2-win seasons, etc and you continue to talk trash about the Texans? You claim they are consistantly the worst team (which you have yet to prove) and act like they won the SB after back-to-back wins (again, something you have yet to prove).

Put your avatar where your mouth is, Tinkerbell. The new and improved Texans will not have the worst record this season.

Oh that's right, you are all bark and no bite image
  • Options

<< <i>
    The Texans had one bad year... >>

WHOA wait a minute, ONE bad year? You're going to say that 4-12 and 5-11 aren't BAD years? If that's the case, you're drunk.

<< <i>while the Bucs had 17 of 21 years losing at least 10 games, the last team to go winless, 4 2-win seasons, etc and you continue to talk trash about the Texans? You claim they are consistantly the worst team (which you have yet to prove) and act like they won the SB after back-to-back wins (again, something you have yet to prove). >>

The back to back thing was epitomized by Carr gettnig a haircut when it happened...and his dad bragging about it. Look, you can't deny winning percentages. The bucs had a better winning percentage than the texans in their first four years...it may be percentage points, but it's better. END OF STORY.

<< <i>Put your avatar where your mouth is, Tinkerbell. The new and improved Texans will not have the worst record this season. >>

And shove that bet offer squarely up your ass 'tough' guy...the texans are on the fast track to another #1 overall pick.

God it's fun crushing you. You're like the moron who doesn't know when to stay down after being beat down, and continues to get beaten senseless over and over and over and over again.

Get lost dipchit, before I beat your ass again.
  • Options
    As someone that is from Tampa and has been a Buc fan since I was a kid, I can tell you that the reason the team sucked for so many years was because of one person: Hugh Culverhouse. As owner, he was only concerned with dollars and cents, and he took advantage of the fan's intense loyalty, knowing they would fill the seats whether the team won or not. He could really care less whether the team won or not.

Once he died, and the Glazers took over, the team started winning almost immediately.

edited to add: Not calling anybody out, but trying to explain the Bucs are an entirely different franchise than they were when they joined the league.
  • Options

<< <i>WHOA wait a minute, ONE bad year? You're going to say that 4-12 and 5-11 aren't BAD years? If that's the case, you're drunk. >>

Funny you mention the records of our 1st and second years yet don't mention 7-9 in the third. And speaking of records, does 7-9 and 5-11 sound familiar to you, Tinkerbell. They should because those were the Bucs records in '03 and '04 respectively. BAWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Or had you jumped off the Bucs bandwagon then only to return when they had a good season again? BAWAHAHAHAHAHA!

<< <i>

<< <i>while the Bucs had 17 of 21 years losing at least 10 games, the last team to go winless, 4 2-win seasons, etc and you continue to talk trash about the Texans? You claim they are consistantly the worst team (which you have yet to prove) and act like they won the SB after back-to-back wins (again, something you have yet to prove). >>

The back to back thing was epitomized by Carr gettnig a haircut when it happened...and his dad bragging about it. Look, you can't deny winning percentages. The bucs had a better winning percentage than the texans in their first four years...it may be percentage points, but it's better. END OF STORY. >>

Getting a hair cut is comparable to winning the Super Bowl? Nice try... And still waiting to hear how they have consistantly been the worst team in the NFL. And I said big whoopty-doo for them having a .002 better winning percentage. Using the first three years is Bucs .159 to Texans .327.. Now that is a blowout BAWAHAHAHAHAHA!

<< <i>And shove that bet offer squarely up your ass 'tough' guy...the texans are on the fast track to another #1 overall pick. >>

No, a 'tough' guy is one who is all bark and no bite; which is you, Tinkerbell image Keep yapping with absolutely ZERO behind it, as always. YAP! YAP! YAP!

<< <i>God it's fun crushing you. You're like the moron who doesn't know when to stay down after being beat down, and continues to get beaten senseless over and over and over and over again.

Get lost dipchit, before I beat your ass again. >>

Crushing me? Ha! No a crushing is being against the guarantee before you were for it. Crushing is being against the DH winning MVP before being for it. Crushing is being exposed as a bandwagoner. Crushing is being proven as a fair-weathered fan. Crushing talking trash and running with tail in between your legs when called out. Crushing is running to the mods and BEGGING to get a poster banned for no reason other than owning you over and over and over and over and over like the $2 ho image

Cry uncle, Tinkerbell image
  • Options

<< <i>Funny you mention the records of our 1st and second years yet don't mention 7-9 in the third. >>

Hey, IDIOT, you were the one who said 'we've only had one bad year!' Moron.

<< <i> And speaking of records, does 7-9 and 5-11 sound familiar to you, Tinkerbell. They should because those were the Bucs records in '03 and '04 respectively. BAWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Or had you jumped off the Bucs bandwagon then only to return when they had a good season again? BAWAHAHAHAHAHA! >>

Are you really that dense, you simple minded twit? This entire discussion has been about the first four years, moron. So BWAHAHAHA right back at you, dipchit.

• Options

<< <i>Are you really that dense, you simple minded twit? This entire discussion has been about the first four years, moron. So BWAHAHAHA right back at you, dipchit. >>

You're wrong, as always, Tinkerbell

The entire discussion started off with:

<< <i>Stown-

whatsa matter you? Your astros are behind 6 other teams for a playoff spot and the texans are the laughing stock of the league, so you run your yap like a little dog.

Pathetic. >>

I've called you out on both of your statements with an icon wager. You, being the spinless yapper, refused and continued to spin until we got to this point image

If anyone is dense, it's you, Tinkerbell image

Have fun feebly pounding your fists on your keyboard while I go off to tailgate at my hometown team's game. Cooking up rib eyes, drinking some cold beer, sitting in my seats and rooting for the home team.

Can you say that, bandwagoner?

• Options
    Look sparky, its apparent you need a sound ass beating, so I'll leave you for your tailgating with this:

First four years of the bucs existence, .283 winning percentage, ending with a NFC championship game appearance.
    First four years of the texans existance, .281 winning percentages, ending with a 2-14 season, a new head coach, and a new offensive coordinator.

The texans are vying for the leagues #1 draft pick again this year.

Class is dismissed, dipchit. Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.
  • Options
    BAWAHAHAHAHAHA!

Tinkerbell had yet another lonely weekend night dreaming of A-Rod image

The point is, boy (little girl would be more appropriate), you talked trash and yap-yap-yapped about the 'Stros and the Texans. I called you out to put your avatar where your mouth is. Of course, you ran away knowing you would lose, just like you are loser in real life. You have been owned like a $2 crack ho again and again and again...

The tailgating, the game, and more importantly, the win was a blast image

Ribe eye sandwiches

On a beautiful day

Being in my season ticket seats image

And seeing first hand how HUGE Mario is image

Sucks for you, Tinkerbell, that you won't be able to experience what a REAL home fan gets to do. Just had to jump onto a team's bandwagon all the way across the country image
  • Options
    haha don't get used to those 'wins' there cupcake, the preseason is the only time you'll be seeing a 'W'.

Wow! Look at all those empty seats! Looks like they are lining up in droves for those preseason games in houston!!! No wonder you could get seats, they must be giving them away at this point!

And from ESPN's recap of the game:

"No. 1 pick Williams little factor in Texans' win vs. Chiefs"

"HOUSTON (AP) -- If the Houston Texans hope to justify spending their No. 1 pick on Mario Williams, he'll have to contribute more than he did Saturday night.

Williams assisted on one tackle in a quarter of play in Houston's 24-14 preseason win over the Kansas City Chiefs. Shuffled all around the defensive line, Williams looked tentative at times and was stood up on a couple of plays."

• Options

<< <i>haha don't get used to those 'wins' there cupcake, the preseason is the only time you'll be seeing a 'W'.

Wow! Look at all those empty seats! Looks like they are lining up in droves for those preseason games in houston!!! No wonder you could get seats, they must be giving them away at this point!

And from ESPN's recap of the game:

"No. 1 pick Williams little factor in Texans' win vs. Chiefs"

"HOUSTON (AP) -- If the Houston Texans hope to justify spending their No. 1 pick on Mario Williams, he'll have to contribute more than he did Saturday night.

Williams assisted on one tackle in a quarter of play in Houston's 24-14 preseason win over the Kansas City Chiefs. Shuffled all around the defensive line, Williams looked tentative at times and was stood up on a couple of plays." >>

Poor Tinkerbell is jealous that she stayed home all weekend long, touching herself and dreaming of A-Rod, while REAL home team fans enjoyed being at the stadium. BAWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

You still chickened out of all the wagers when you yapped this and that. It's okay, Tinkerbell, we all know you are all talk and no action image

Oh and PS - You couldn't afford PSL's if your life depended on it image
  • Options
    Poor stownie, his precious #1 pick looked like a newb, and all he can respond with is I was touching myself all weekend?

God, life must suck for you!

And PSL's for the texans? Talk about a bad investment!

As far as the #2 pick? He had a pretty good day:

"Bush rips 44-yard run as Saints trip Titans, Young"

"On his second carry, the Heisman Trophy winner was stopped behind the line while going to his left, but bounced out, turned right and zoomed past two Titans up the sideline for 44 yards to the Tennessee 24. He finished with 59 yards on six carries."

Meanwhile, the supposed #1 pick was getting stood up and had an assist on a tackle.

Looks like the brilliant 'minds' in texas took the wrong pick, again...and you get to live another horrendous season!

• Options
    No, Tinkerbell, you couldn't afford a PSL for any NFL team image

And great for Reggie having one big run against TEN's vaunted D :eyeroll:

Say what you want about Mario, he gets stood up one play and everyone says he's a bust image He gets double teamed while the rest get pressure on the QB. May not be "sexy" but I'll be more than happy to take it image

And you still are a puss for not putting your avatar where your mouth is image
  • Options

<< <i>
    And great for Reggie having one big run against TEN's vaunted D :eyeroll:
    >>

Where was Mario against the weakened (i.e. 2 retiring starters) offensive line?

<< <i>Say what you want about Mario, he gets stood up one play and everyone says he's a bust image He gets double teamed while the rest get pressure on the QB. May not be "sexy" but I'll be more than happy to take it image >>

Yes, he's going to be worth every penny of that contract! haha

<< <i>And you still are a puss for not putting your avatar where your mouth is image >>

I already told you what you can do with your bets - how about I put my foot where YOUR mouth is, moron?
  • Options

<< <i>I already told you what you can do with your bets - how about I put my foot where YOUR mouth is, moron? >>

Oooooooooh, who's the 'tough' guy now? Threatening acts of violence?

BAWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

You yap, get called out, and run with your tail in between your legs.

Sit, Tinkerbell, sit. Good dog image
  • Options
    The only dog here is you stown, as it's apparent what a btch you are.

Hey, when are you going to admit Bush was the better pick? Ever? Probably not.

Bush showed last night why he should have been the number one pick, but the texans are too f'ing inept to see greatness when its in front of them.

• Options

<< <i>The only dog here is you stown, as it's apparent what a btch you are.

Hey, when are you going to admit Bush was the better pick? Ever? Probably not.

Bush showed last night why he should have been the number one pick, but the texans are too f'ing inept to see greatness when its in front of them. >>

Awwwwwwww look, she's still yapping.

Preseason means something now, huh? A team wins and it's nothing. A player has one good run and then averages only 3 yds per carry and it's a HUGE deal. Using your logic, Wali Lundi is better than Reggie. Not only did he have a TD (which Bushleague didn't), take away his best run and his average is still better image

I tried to make a wager with you regarding Mario and Bush but that's when you were against the guarantee before you were for it image

Sit, Tinkerbell, sit. Good dog image
  • Options

<< <i>
    Preseason means something now, huh? A team wins and it's nothing. >>

And yet you felt the need to 'brag' about the texans winning and it being a good day. HYPOCRITE.

<< <i>A player has one good run and then averages only 3 yds per carry and it's a HUGE deal. >>

There you go using that selective statistics again, like when you wanted to include years 1-3 of comparing the bucs vs. the texans, and ignore the Bucs best year and texans worst year in the same breath. Good lord you're moronic. I take it your folks dropped you on your head multiple times? Why else would you be this stupid?

<< <i>Sit, Tinkerbell, sit. Good dog image >>

Tinkerbell huh? I wonder if you ever talk this much chit in person, or if you only do it hiding in your momma's basement behind a keyboard? I guarantee you said half the crap you say on here, you'd have your head removed from your shoulders, princess.

Get a life, dipchit, it's so easy crushing you.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>
    Preseason means something now, huh? A team wins and it's nothing. >>

And yet you felt the need to 'brag' about the texans winning and it being a good day. HYPOCRITE. >>

Oh my goodness... Do you see what you just did, Tinkerbell? It's YOU who is being a hypocrite. I think you flip-flop around so much that you can't even recall what side you were originally on image

<< <i>

<< <i>A player has one good run and then averages only 3 yds per carry and it's a HUGE deal. >>

There you go using that selective statistics again, like when you wanted to include years 1-3 of comparing the bucs vs. the texans, and ignore the Bucs best year and texans worst year in the same breath. Good lord you're moronic. I take it your folks dropped you on your head multiple times? Why else would you be this stupid? >>

No, it's called understanding football and looking for consistency. But I guess your feeble brain can't comprehend the concept image

<< <i>

<< <i>Sit, Tinkerbell, sit. Good dog image >>

Tinkerbell huh? I wonder if you ever talk this much chit in person, or if you only do it hiding in your momma's basement behind a keyboard? I guarantee you said half the crap you say on here, you'd have your head removed from your shoulders, princess.

Get a life, dipchit, it's so easy crushing you. >>

Yes, Tinkerbell, and we all know you are a scawny little chump who casts level 8-baking powers on evil elves image

Oh and it's funny how you selectively left out this quote:

<< <i>I tried to make a wager with you regarding Mario and Bush but that's when you were against the guarantee before you were for it image >>

Roll over and play dead, Tinkerbell image
  • Options
    DirtyHarryDirtyHarry Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭
    I would cast my vote for this being the most stupid thread of all times. The poster can't see far past the end of his nose. Thanks a lot for the deluge of crap you instigated, that is contrary to your ill advised intentions. Think it through next time.
    Proud of my 16x20 autographed and framed collection - all signed in person. Not big on modern - I'm stuck in the past!
  • Options
    stown,

you should seek therapy. Seriously.

Think about it bud. Your constant 'tinkerbell' accusations and non-stop, rabid posts suggest you are mentally unstable and should be locked up immediately.

Perhaps you've been missing your therapy session? Who knows.

Truth of the matter is, mario looked like a chump in his opener, and Bush looked like the stud he is, not the dud the texans drafted in williams.

Oh, by the way:

first four years: Bucs .283 winning percentage, championship game appearance.
    : texans .281 winning percentage (and getting WORSE over the course of 4 years, ending with a 2-14 record!), and starting over with a new head coach and new offensive line coordinator. And, given the opportunity to draft a great RB in Reggie Bush, they fumble the ball.

I see potentially another 2-14 season, with the texans only real chances of winning coming against Buffalo and the Jets. Hey, if they win them both, it will be back to back wins. Maybe Carr will get another haircut, and there will be dancing in the streets of houston!

Only to come back down to earth when oakland with Moss and Brooks run up 50 on you.

• Options
    No, Tinkerbell, the truth is regardless of how much you spin, you are all talk and no action. I mean, you flip-flop so much that you don't even remember your original argument image

You were against the guarantee before you were for it. You were against the DH getting MVP before you were for it. You called preseason stats meaningless before they were important image

You yap, get called out, and run with your tail firmly planted in between your legs.

Nothing more than a loud mouth fair-weathered bandwagoner who has waaaaaaaaaaay too much time on their hands and is either spewing hatred on this board or playing dungeons and dragons image

Go get the stick in rush hour traffic, Tinkerbell image
  • Options

<< <i>
    Go get the stick in rush hour traffic, Tinkerbell image >>

How about you just go play in traffic, dipchit? And hopefully for all of us, a nice big semi will splatter your worthless mug all over the freeway.

Dude, how pathetic are you? Your only posts here now are trying to insult me? You're a joke, you're worthless, and you need to go crawl back under that rock you slithered out from under.

Reggie Bush will have a far more dominant career than mario. The Bucs had a more successful first four year than the texans (both in winning percentages and playoff appearances). The texans are going to stink again this year, and fall even further behind the bucs in 5th year winning percentages, even though the Bucs lost their first 26 games.

You're a waste of oxygen...perhaps a bullet to your dome will put you out of your misery? Or a drop down an elevator shaft?

We can hope!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>
    Go get the stick in rush hour traffic, Tinkerbell image >>

How about you just go play in traffic, dipchit? And hopefully for all of us, a nice big semi will splatter your worthless mug all over the freeway. >>

BAWHAHAHAHAHA! The unoriginal Tinkerbell is at it again. Get your own material for once or is that too hard for your feeble so-called brain image

<< <i>Dude, how pathetic are you? Your only posts here now are trying to insult me? You're a joke, you're worthless, and you need to go crawl back under that rock you slithered out from under. >>

:yawn:

<< <i>Reggie Bush will have a far more dominant career than mario. The Bucs had a more successful first four year than the texans (both in winning percentages and playoff appearances). The texans are going to stink again this year, and fall even further behind the bucs in 5th year winning percentages, even though the Bucs lost their first 26 games. >>

Yap! Yap! Yap! Yap! All talk and no action, as always, Tinkerbell. Are you against the guarantee before you are for it? image

<< <i>You're a waste of oxygen...perhaps a bullet to your dome will put you out of your misery? Or a drop down an elevator shaft?

We can hope! >>

Now wishing death onto me? For shame, Tinkerbell, for shame. That's a clear indication that you have some serious mental issues. Well, in addition your D&D playing and fantasizing about A-Rod on long lonely weekend nights image
  • Options

<< <i>
    Now wishing death onto me? >>

Not wishing, just know life would be better here without your miserable presence...again, all you post here is hate towards me...why are you here? You don't talk sports, you don't do ANYTHING other than run your yap here...for someone you despise so much, why do you come here? You aren't here for the sports, you aren't here for anything other than try to antogonize me.

Why don't you go hide back under your bed since the stros are done, since the texans are going to be miserable...maybe show your ugly mug back in spring when the stros have a 0-0 record and are potentially back in the playoff hunt.
  • Options
    How has this thread not been locked?
  • Options
    Mods laugh at these guys.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils
    1950s-1960s Topps NY Giants Team cards

Looking for Topps rookies as well.

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options

<< <i>Why don't you go hide back under your bed since the stros are done, since the texans are going to be miserable...maybe show your ugly mug back in spring when the stros have a 0-0 record and are potentially back in the playoff hunt. >>

Want to make an icon wager on that?

Oh yeah, that's right, you are all bark and no bite image
  • Options
    4for44for4 Posts: 675 ✭✭✭
    edited August 23, 2023 8:38AM

@grote15 said:
    I didn't think it was geographically possible to root for the Tampa Bay Suckaneers and the Seattle Mariners at the same time, wow!

Wow.
    Things used to be pretty crazy around here.
    These old threads are like 1970’s football.
    Fierce and competitive.

I can spend way too much time reading through these.

Forum members on ignore
    Erba - coolstanley-dallasactuary-SDsportsfan
    daltex

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,788 ✭✭✭✭✭

I petition to bring back @Axtell @stown @stevek

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@4for4 said:

@grote15 said:
    I didn't think it was geographically possible to root for the Tampa Bay Suckaneers and the Seattle Mariners at the same time, wow!

Wow.
    Things used to be pretty crazy around here.
    These old threads are like 1970’s football.
    Fierce and competitive.

I can spend way too much time reading through these.

There's the occasional dust-up, but if you blink you miss it.

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

Mr. Philadelphia left on his own accord, if I recall, and never looked back.

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

@perkdog said:

Mr. Philadelphia left on his own accord, if I recall, and never looked back.

He sure did, so didn't Stown and a bunch of other CU sports talk legends

• Options
    dallasactuarydallasactuary Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

I second @stown and @stevek, but Axtell? I'm not going to get into it because it's not sports related, but Axtell is a vile human being and there is no place on Earth that is not improved by his absence.

This is for you @thisistheshow - Jim Rice was actually a pretty good player.
  • Options

@dallasactuary said:

@dallasactuary said:
    @perkdog said:

I second @stown and @stevek, but Axtell? I'm not going to get into it because it's not sports related, but Axtell is a vile human being and there is no place on Earth that is not improved by his absence.

I don't remember him saying anything that bad other than going at it with many others, I must have missed what your referring too.

He definitely got this place going lol

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,364 ✭✭✭✭✭

i still can't believe what happened with stevek. let's not mince words -- he acted like a little bitch the day he picked up his ball and went home. i mean, if you want to leave this place, i get it. it's going to happen to all of us at some point. but for that reason? i always liked the guy, and i wish he was still here, but that was a prepubescent exit.

as for axtell, the dude made me chuckle incessantly. i've been around long enough to date back to a few of his alt days, and we locked horns a time or two. i actually didn't mind him because he constantly invigorated this place in his own dysfunctional way. he was so wildly opinionated and so consistently abrasive that he brought great joy to my life.

this place was crackin back in the day

• Options
    edited August 24, 2023 12:33PM

@galaxy27 said:
    i still can't believe what happened with stevek. let's not mince words -- he acted like a little bitch the day he picked up his ball and went home. i mean, if you want to leave this place, i get it. it's going to happen to all of us at some point. but for that reason? i always liked the guy, and i wish he was still here, but that was a prepubescent exit.

as for axtell, the dude made me chuckle incessantly. i've been around long enough to date back to a few of his alt days, and we locked horns a time or two. i actually didn't mind him because he constantly invigorated this place in his own dysfunctional way. he was so wildly opinionated and so consistently abrasive that he brought great joy to my life.

I couldn't agree with you more.

People forget that Steve abruptly left during the Penn State scandal because he was basically defending Joe Paterno and literally just logged out because he was pretty much fighting with everyone here over it, but after an extended stay away he came back.

The ridiculous part of his last exit was he got offended by Todd of all people lol

• Options
    4for44for4 Posts: 675 ✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

@galaxy27 said:

People forget that Steve abruptly left during the Penn State scandal because he was basically defending Joe Paterno and literally just logged out because he was pretty much fighting with everyone here over it, but after an extended stay he cane back.

The ridiculous part of his last exit was he got offended by Todd of all.people lol

Who is Todd ? Someone here ?

Forum members on ignore
    Erba - coolstanley-dallasactuary-SDsportsfan
    daltex

• Options

@4for4 said:

@perkdog said:

@galaxy27 said:

People forget that Steve abruptly left during the Penn State scandal because he was basically defending Joe Paterno and literally just logged out because he was pretty much fighting with everyone here over it, but after an extended stay he cane back.

The ridiculous part of his last exit was he got offended by Todd of all.people lol

Who is Todd ? Someone here ?

He was the former Sports Talk Mod, he is no longer with PSA but lurks around I believe

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

@galaxy27 said:

i totally forgot he left once before and came back. man, that paterno stuff was a long time ago

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.