Home Sports Talk
Options

Axtell Boycott

I have been guilty myself of adding fuel to the fire but I say let's boyvott reponding to him for a month. Do you all have enough self control and discipline to do this? I will start now. Maybe if he gets bored enough it will help him to become a Dungeons and Dragons Supreme Ruler.

So the real question boils down to: Do you want to see if you have enough self control at the expense of also furthering Axtell's career goals?

Comments

• Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    First, what's a boyvott?

Second,

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 28,295 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good idea, but with the NFL coming up, I gotta defend my Philadelphia Eagles against all those who criticize the best professional football franchise that ever was and ever will be.

Our team has previously won 3 NFL championships and we'll be going for 4 this upcoming season. Except for the WR position which I firmly believe needs to be improved, our team looks rock solid and is very, VERY hungry.
  • Options
    But Axtell is a clown. What do you care of his opinion? Self control, man, self control, unless you fear him becoming a Supreme Ruler and destroying you.
  • Options
    He's fun to debate with, even though he hardly ever sways his opinion he has(as have I) conceded to eachother before and will again in the future. Although I don't like NY Bias....eh it's funny.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils
    1950s-1960s Topps NY Giants Team cards

Looking for Topps rookies as well.

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 28,295 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>But Axtell is a clown. What do you care of his opinion? Self control, man, self control, unless you fear him becoming a Supreme Ruler and destroying you. >>

I will defend my Eagles from fire-eating dragons if I have to. I have my sword ready.
  • Options

<< <i>But Axtell is a clown. What do you care of his opinion? Self control, man, self control, unless you fear him becoming a Supreme Ruler and destroying you. >>

Stown, is that you?

• Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

Stown, is that you? >>

Why are you harrassing me?

I've told you time and time again, if you think I mave multiple aliases, go to the mods.

Oh that's right, you already have and they laughed in your face.

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    hah I knew it.

They laughed in my face? Really, I don't seem to recall that happening.

Perhaps you'd like to try again, you dim witted buffoon?
  • Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,274 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think "jad" has overtaken Ax. Wishing that Derek Jeter blows out a knee or pulls a Thurman Munson pretty much takes the cake out of any comments I have seen here. A TROLL without a doubt who has unfortunatley taken up root here.

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options
    SD is nearly as bad - he contributes nothing to any discussion, only attempts to insult me (which is why I pulled out the 'are you stown?' question).
  • Options
    bri2327bri2327 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭
    I have to agree Dan.

Ax, you may intolerbly annoying but you certainly dont stoop to the low class ways of Jad. Except for maybe your 9/11 comments, but even that wasnt in any way wishing death or reveling in it.
    "The other teams could make trouble for us if they win."
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    Not this b.s. again -

This is a Sports Talk forum, and Axtell is a knowledgeable sports fan. He gives you a good debate on a lot of sports topics, and just because you don't always agree, so what? That makes the forum more engaging, and I don't see him running and hiding like a lot of former posters when the heat is on.

There's a lot of people here who need a "boycott", who offer nothing but insults and related crap. He isn't one of them.
  • Options
    Knowledgeable? Hardly. Anybody who who argues about a guy batting .354 is a twit. I agree JAD is worse.
  • Options

<< <i>Knowledgeable? Hardly. Anybody who who argues about a guy batting .354 is a twit. I agree JAD is worse. >>

I am still waiting to see where I said Jeter wasn't having a good year - I simply said he wasn't an MVP candidate.

Get lost.
  • Options

<< <i>Not this b.s. again -

This is a Sports Talk forum, and Axtell is a knowledgeable sports fan. He gives you a good debate on a lot of sports topics, and just because you don't always agree, so what? That makes the forum more engaging, and I don't see him running and hiding like a lot of former posters when the heat is on.

There's a lot of people here who need a "boycott", who offer nothing but insults and related crap. He isn't one of them. >>

I agree.

• Options

<< <i>Not this b.s. again -

There's a lot of people here who need a "boycott", who offer nothing but insults and related crap. He isn't one of them. >>

I agree with most of that Jerry BUT Axtell can insult with the best of us image

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options

<< <i>hah I knew it.

They laughed in my face? Really, I don't seem to recall that happening.

Perhaps you'd like to try again, you dim witted buffoon? >>

Dim witted buffoon?

I must have hit the nail right on the head to get that kind of response image

How long did you have your amature petition up, Tinkerbell?

How many times did you go crying to the mods that people were giving back just 10% of what you spewed?

Too bad your pleads fell onto deaf ears because we are all still here image

I will say that you are in luck, Tinkerbell. I'm going out of town for an extended weekend starting tomorrow. However, I'm sure you will still get owned over and over and over by everyone else. We have already seen your recent flip-flopping of DHs getting MVPs.

And of course, who can forget about you being against guarantees before you were for it image

MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    stownie-

why do you only post in weak assed attempts to insult me? It's apparent you're as useful as SD. You bring nothing to this forum but garbage.

Hopefully that 'extended' weekend turns into a permanent one?

One can hope!!!
  • Options

<< <i>stownie-

why do you only post in weak assed attempts to insult me? It's apparent you're as useful as SD. You bring nothing to this forum but garbage.

Hopefully that 'extended' weekend turns into a permanent one?

One can hope!!! >>

What's that supposed to mean, Tinkerbell? Are you wishing an early and untimely death upon me again? As I said before, you really should see someone about those demented thoughts of yours.
  • Options
    Not death, just not wanting you to ever show your mug here again.

What happened to that vacation, dope?
  • Options

<< <i>Not death, just not wanting you to ever show your mug here again.

What happened to that vacation, dope? >>

Oh believe me, I'll be here. If for some reason I'm unable to post when I get back, you won't be able to either image

And I know English isn't your best but as I said, "I'm going out of town for an extended weekend starting tomorrow."

Today isn't tomorrow, Tinkerbell image
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,788 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If AX took a vacation alot of people (myself included) would miss him. Jad is a straight scumbag though, he should be ignored if anyone.
  • Options
    I have it on good authority that rickyhenderson is no other than the long lost spammy, using yet another alt ID tag. Why else would he have only 155 posts in 4+ years?

• Options
    Ax, you accused of me being an Alt of Winpitchers. Repeatedly. You were Waaaayyy off on that one.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options

<< <i>Ax, you accused of me being an Alt of Winpitchers. Repeatedly. You were Waaaayyy off on that one. >>

That may be the case, but SD is indeed Gemmy10.
  • Options
    Ok.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options

<< <i> That may be the case, but SD is indeed Gemmy10. >>

nah, NO WAY ... there is no way SD is Gemmy 10. Gemmy 10 would NOT be able to control himself when it comes to the Yankees. I say you are way off on this one too Ax.

• Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    I am not so sure, either. If it was the old Spammy - when the Yanks got Abreu, we would have seen half a page worth of posts proclaiming his new man crush on him (and Lidle).
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,774 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eh, this forum is dead enough as it is. At least Ax livens it up a bit, and gives the OF folks a break once in a while!
  • Options
    Hmmmmm, this Axtell love fest is a bit uncomfortable. As much as the guy gives good debate, he matches that with enough twist to supply Twizzlers for a year. But hey, WHATEVER you guys think is "fun"

• Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,774 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Hmmmmm, this Axtell love fest is a bit uncomfortable. As much as the guy gives good debate, he matches that with enough twist to supply Twizzlers for a year. But hey, WHATEVER you guys think is "fun" >>

Now, now I would'nt go so far as to call it a love fest. We are still talking about Axtell, aka the ultra liberal Mariners fan, Buccaneers fan, and Dungeons & Dragons master! image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Hmmmmm, this Axtell love fest is a bit uncomfortable. As much as the guy gives good debate, he matches that with enough twist to supply Twizzlers for a year. But hey, WHATEVER you guys think is "fun" >>

Now, now I would'nt go so far as to call it a love fest. We are still talking about Axtell, aka the ultra liberal Mariners fan, Buccaneers fan, and Dungeons & Dragons master! image >>

hahahahahaha, see guys this is why it's fun!! I'm laughing my ass off!
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,594 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't think it was geographically possible to root for the Tampa Bay Suckaneers and the Seattle Mariners at the same time, wow! image

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

<< <i>I didn't think it was geographically possible to root for the Tampa Bay Suckaneers and the Seattle Mariners at the same time, wow! image >>

well then, you have never been a proud recipient of the Axtell speech about how this came about. image

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,594 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ax must be napping right now, because otherwise I'm sure he'd be edificating me as I speak! image

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

<< <i>I didn't think it was geographically possible to root for the Tampa Bay Suckaneers and the Seattle Mariners at the same time, wow! image >>

lol, your not the only one. lol. I can honestly say a 30 minute drive encompasses all of my cheering besides my Irish/Catholic roots that draw me to root for ND!
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options

<< <i>Ax must be napping right now, because otherwise I'm sure he'd be edificating me as I speak! image >>

Actually was out BBQing...was a beautiful evening here in CA, 80ish with a light breeze.

And spammy of course has done a different route, as his 'goyankeesgo' alter ego was quickly sniffed out.
  • Options
    damn I wish it was 80 here sometime other than around 1-2 am.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options

<< <i>damn I wish it was 80 here sometime other than around 1-2 am. >>

That was here a couple weeks back...the 'coolest' it would get would be in the low 90s.
  • Options
    Yep. Just this week it was 100+(usually around 103) until ehh today which it topped out around 95; expected cooldown this weekend to the low 90's. Oh Joy I can't wait! lol; right about now is when I wish I had stayed at the beach and never moved, but next august a few buds and I are getting a nice year round place by the beach. Better than sweltering in the city thats for sure.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options
    I have it on good authority that rickyhenderson is no other than the long lost spammy

Yes, the authority was the Dungeons and Dragons Supreme Ruler of course.
  • Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,721 ✭✭✭✭✭
    axtell is known to accuse others of having alts, but never being able to back it up. He thinks if he says something over and over, it will magically become true. Easily the biggest joke on the entire forums.
    Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • Options
    Ahh the ole troll dbldie shows his ugly head out from under the rock he calls home.

Trust me, the information about SD being spammy was given to me by a third party...not something I said.

• Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭

and what exactly do you bring axtell?

If anyone brings 'garbage' here it is you.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    WP-

Why don't you grab stown and dbldie and disappear - forever?

When did you last post something here that wasn't an inflammatory response to something I've said? The same for stown, and SD?

You guys live to come here and run your yaps - when's the last time you posted anything worthwhile?

• Options
    DirtyHarryDirtyHarry Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭
    Axhole has a lot to say and some of it is good. Via your post of this topic, you have obviously not attained your goal. It's a free world.
    Proud of my 16x20 autographed and framed collection - all signed in person. Not big on modern - I'm stuck in the past!
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Just us 3 axhole? what about the 60 other people here that can't stand you?

Steve

Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>Just us 3 axhole? what about the 60 other people here that can't stand you?

Steve >>

They at least contribute, you're a waste of oxygen.
  • Options

<< <i>WP-

Why don't you grab stown and dbldie and disappear - forever?

When did you last post something here that wasn't an inflammatory response to something I've said? The same for stown, and SD?

You guys live to come here and run your yaps - when's the last time you posted anything worthwhile? >>

MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Tinkerbell meet kettle image
  • Options
    nightcrawlernightcrawler Posts: 5,110 ✭✭

<< <i>Just us 3 axhole? what about the 60 other people here that can't stand you?

Steve >>

I all fairness to Ax, probably lots of people voted in that pole just for fun or to see how many people voted.

I did image

Some people have thick skin, but I think Ax is wearing moosehide, and I admire that image

I like reading everyones opinion even if I totally disagree.

All you guys are the best, take er easy image