Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

if Mel Gibson collected coins would you deal with him

if Mel Gibson collected coins would you deal with him?
I seldom check PM's but do check emails often jason@seated.org

Buying top quality Seated Dimes in Gem BU and Proof.

Buying great coins - monster eye appeal only.

Comments

• Options
    BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    Hell No.
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    LOL.....If he had what I needed.... at a very good price
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    Congratulations! You win today's Stupid Thread Award™!

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    seateddimeseateddime Posts: 6,169 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Congratulations! You win today's Stupid Thread Award™!

Russ, NCNE >>

what's my prize ? 1964 1/2 dollar?

• Options
    orieorie Posts: 998
  • Options
    ArtistArtist Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭
    Chuck Norris doesn't collect coins - whenever there is one he wants, he 'allows' it collect him.
  • Options
    robertprrobertpr Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭

Russ, NCNE >>

Hey, we have a winner NOT on the Open Forum! It's a record!
  • Options
    LeianaLeiana Posts: 4,349

Russ, NCNE >>

-Amanda

I'm a YN working on a type set!

My Buffalo Nickel Website Home of the Quirky Buffaloes Collection!

Proud member of the CUFYNA
  • Options
    tsacchtsacch Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭
    no way
    Family, kids, coins, sports (playing not watching), jet skiing, wakeboarding, Big Air....no one ever got hurt in the air....its the sudden stop that hurts. I hate Hurricane Sandy. I hate FEMA and i hate the blasted insurance companies.
  • Options
    I would not buy an 1804 silver dollar from him for 99 cents

• Options
    TorinoCobra71TorinoCobra71 Posts: 8,024 ✭✭✭

Russ, NCNE >>

I CONCUR!

TorinoCobra71

• Options
    CoxeCoxe Posts: 11,139
    I'd deal with that mamzer in a rather unethical way if given the opportunity. He seems just begging for more reasons to hate.
    Select Rarities -- DMPLs and VAMs
    NSDR - Life Member
    SSDC - Life Member
    ANA - Pay As I Go Member
  • Options
    RYKRYK Posts: 35,789 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whenever someone asks me that question, I always ask myself, "What would Russ do?" (WWRD)
  • Options

<< <i>

Russ, NCNE >>

I CONCUR!

TorinoCobra71 >>

your missing startrek

• Options
    easy to see those who are socially aware from those don't have CNN. Time to turn off Spike and turn on CNN, there is news on this planet

• Options
    MyqqyMyqqy Posts: 9,777
    What did mel do now? image
    My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable !
  • Options
    TheRavenTheRaven Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭✭
    I certainly would.....

Don't really care all the crap that the media is crabbing about.....
    Collection under construction: VG Barber Quarters & Halves
  • Options
    karpman9karpman9 Posts: 309 ✭✭
    Call Mr. Mel Gibson,
    for all your anti-semetic collecting pleasures.

Mr. Mel Gibson is an expert Purveyor of all Nazi coins, tokens, and sentiments of the Third Reich! Specials this month include Spanish Inquisition Escudos and Cossack coppers. Call for details unless you're a _ _ _.

ps: Mr. Gibson denounces the existence of all Concetration Camp Script.

Jeff.K. Karp

Meet my first little guy, Benjamin. Born 4/8/2007
    Pic taken at 2.5 years of age.
  • Options

<< <i>Call Mr. Mel Gibson,
    for all your anti-semetic collecting pleasures.

Mr. Mel Gibson is an expert Purveyor of all Nazi coins, tokens, and sentiments of the Third Reich! Specials this month include Spanish Inquisition Escudos and Cossack coppers. Call for details unless you're a _ _ _.

ps: Mr. Gibson denounces the existence of all Concetration Camp Script.

image >>

• Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
    The judges are about to read Mel Gibson's scores...and here they are?

0.12, 0.12 and 0.12.
  • Options
    CoinosaurusCoinosaurus Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no excuse for what Gibson is alleged to have said. But the evidence that he actually said it, IMHO, is not yet conclusive. It may be shortly, an audiotape is said to exist but is not yet public.
  • Options
    ElcontadorElcontador Posts: 7,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spanish Inquisition Escudos

Minor correction: the escudo was the monetary unit in Portugal, not España.
    "Vou invadir o Nordeste,
    "Seu cabra da peste,
    "Sou Mangueira......."
  • Options
    karpman9karpman9 Posts: 309 ✭✭

<< <i>There is no excuse for what Gibson is alleged to have said. But the evidence that he actually said it, IMHO, is not yet conclusive. It may be shortly, an audiotape is said to exist but is not yet public. >>

Here are two links that may enlighten:

Original Article

From the article, Four Pages of the Arresting Officer's Report

I especially appreciated viewing the arresting officer's report.

Enjoy.
    Jeff.K. Karp

Meet my first little guy, Benjamin. Born 4/8/2007
    Pic taken at 2.5 years of age.
  • Options

<< <i>The judges are about to read Mel Gibson's scores...and here they are?

0.12, 0.12 and 0.12. >>

were higher, part of the cover up. Ziggy have a challange for you on the seated boards

• Options
    dorancoinsdorancoins Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭
    I feel that whatever a person's views on things (like those of Mr. Gibson's while he was totally drunk) is one's business. I didn't like what he said, as I have quite a few friends who are practicing Jews. But there are people (like the monkey-looking nutjob running Iran and the red-shirted clown running Venezuela) who have said much, much worse and they're sober! We, as people try not to be bigoted, as we aim for a society that is free of bigotry, but somehow we cannot fully succeed because, I feel, that there are some parts of human nature that can bring the worst in people - controlled or not.

Now, would I deal with Mr. Gibson? I would. In my business, there are two things I will not discuss with my customers: politics and religion. As I stated in the first paragraph - a person's view on things is his or her own business!
    DORAN COINS - On Facebook, Instagram, X (formerly Twitter), & www.dorancoins.net - UPCOMING SHOWS (tentative dates)- 10/8/2023 - Fairfield, IL, 11/5/2023 - Urbana, IL., 12/3/2023 - Mattoon, IL.
  • Options
    Yeah, I'd give him a deal on all of my AHs!
  • Options
    aside from his known feeling on Jewish people, he has lost them as a fan base forever, that sugar t**s comment has taken care of the women too.

I would not deal with that wack job in SouthAmerica either.

Somethings are more valuable than money, even the old collectable stuff

• Options
    bidaskbidask Posts: 13,865 ✭✭✭✭✭

Russ, NCNE >>

No doubt!
    I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• Options
    bidaskbidask Posts: 13,865 ✭✭✭✭✭

Russ, NCNE >>

I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel the love.
  • Options
    GemineyeGemineye Posts: 5,374
    Does he have a Cheerios Sac that I can Buy....?!?!?!....for a good price...?!?!!?
    ......Larry........image
  • Options
    flaminioflaminio Posts: 5,664 ✭✭✭

<< <i>if Mel Gibson collected coins would you deal with him? >>

There are far worse coin dealers out there. Some even post on this forum...
  • Options
    FletcherFletcher Posts: 3,294
    I like whack-jobs ... they tend to have more fun image

• Options
    coinpicturescoinpictures Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭
    Throw him under the bus and mock him all you want, but at lease he acknowledged his behavior:

After drinking alcohol on Thursday night, I did a number of things that were very wrong and for which I am ashamed. I drove a car when I should not have, and was stopped by the LA County Sheriffs. The arresting officer was just doing his job and I feel fortunate that I was apprehended before I caused injury to any other person. I acted like a person completely out of control when I was arrested, and said things that I do not believe to be true and which are despicable. I am deeply ashamed of everything I said. Also, I take this opportunity to apologize to the deputies involved for my belligerent behavior. They have always been there for me in my community and indeed probably saved me from myself. I disgraced myself and my family with my behavior and for that I am truly sorry. I have battled with the disease of alcoholism for all of my adult life and profoundly regret my horrific relapse. I apologize for any behavior unbecoming of me in my inebriated state and have already taken necessary steps to ensure my return to health.

Think what you want, but that's more of an apology than most professional atheletes and politicians have ever given... and it didn't take 3 weeks or have to be written by an attorney or press agent.

He got drunk and fscked up, and then admitted it and apologized. Big fat hairy deal.
  • Options
    cupronikcupronik Posts: 773 ✭✭✭
    Not to excuse MG whatsoever but what is it about getting intoxicated on tequila that seems to bring the
    absolute worst out in an individual?

Years ago someone I cared about (a woman) who had alcohol issues (to put it mildly) had her most
    memorable blackout tirades during epsiodes that brought the attention of the cops. (No, I wasn't
    present and tequila (not wine, beer, vodka, etc.) was the drink of choice.)

I say the episodes were memorable . . . . . to the Police!!!!

P.S. She wasn't ranting on MG's assertions, but on her own unhappiness and p-o'ness at anyone "telling
    her what to do."

I've always been curious about the viciousness of a tequila drunk.
  • Options

<< <i>Throw him under the bus and mock him all you want, but at lease he acknowledged his behavior:

After drinking alcohol on Thursday night, I did a number of things that were very wrong and for which I am ashamed. I drove a car when I should not have, and was stopped by the LA County Sheriffs. The arresting officer was just doing his job and I feel fortunate that I was apprehended before I caused injury to any other person. I acted like a person completely out of control when I was arrested, and said things that I do not believe to be true and which are despicable. I am deeply ashamed of everything I said. Also, I take this opportunity to apologize to the deputies involved for my belligerent behavior. They have always been there for me in my community and indeed probably saved me from myself. I disgraced myself and my family with my behavior and for that I am truly sorry. I have battled with the disease of alcoholism for all of my adult life and profoundly regret my horrific relapse. I apologize for any behavior unbecoming of me in my inebriated state and have already taken necessary steps to ensure my return to health.

Think what you want, but that's more of an apology than most professional atheletes and politicians have ever given... and it didn't take 3 weeks or have to be written by an attorney or press agent.

He got drunk and fscked up, and then admitted it and apologized. Big fat hairy deal. >>

• Options
    FletcherFletcher Posts: 3,294
    Music to listen to while reading this thread image

Click Me

• Options
    I'd buy a coin from him or sell him one. Who gives a sh**t what some dumpa$$ celeb says or does. Morons always expose themselves.

P.S. sorry but that music sucks
  • Options
    he apologized not because he was sorry, just sorry he got caught and ran his mouth, he meant every word he said.

He is lucky that "sugar t**s" didn't kick his a*s. If some black or hispanic guy called a high ranking female officer that they would be pick up his teeth off the pavement.

• Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
    I acted like a person completely out of control when I was arrested, and said things that I do not believe to be true and which are despicable.

I'm sorry, but there are some things that you do NOT say just because you got a little lubricated. The kind of anti-Semitic slurs allegedly uttered by Gibson are among them.

People can get a little belligerent, a little vulgar or whatever else when tipsy, but you don't just shout out bigoted slurs at random.
  • Options
    CoxeCoxe Posts: 11,139

<< <i>he apologized not because he was sorry, just sorry he got caught and ran his mouth, he meant every word he said.

He is lucky that "sugar t**s" didn't kick his a*s. If some black or hispanic guy called a high ranking female officer that they would be pick up his teeth off the pavement. >>

Absolutely. One can excuse a person for what they say one time when they are drunk, though I personally believe that the core person comes out precisely under such circumstances. However, this is just one more in a series for Mel. His pattern is one of hatred. I would treat him exactly as I would Tom Metzger in any coin transaction.
    Select Rarities -- DMPLs and VAMs
    NSDR - Life Member
    SSDC - Life Member
    ANA - Pay As I Go Member
  • Options
    dizzyfoxxdizzyfoxx Posts: 9,823 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

Russ, NCNE >>

what's my prize ? 1964 1/2 dollar? >>

image ...You win a 2006 Gold Buffalo.imageimage
    image...There's always time for coin collecting. image
  • Options
    JulioJulio Posts: 2,501
    I may not agree with a word you say but I will defend to the death your right to say it. Voltaire
    MG has nothing I want. jws
  • Options

Even if these drunken comments are truly his personal beliefs, so what? What does that have to do with buying or selling coins? Hezbollah and Hamas has been lobbing missles at Isreal for years and most of the world can't bring themselves to condem them. The world has far more difficult and important issues to deal and spending any time at all on a few drunken comments of a person who has done nothing against anyone is a little bit of overkill and a waste of time. IMHO.
    Regards
    Gary
    We are always better off than we deserve. image
  • Options
    BlindedByEgoBlindedByEgo Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only Israeli coins.
  • Options
    I heard a Red Sox fan proclaim: "It's just Mel being Mel".

Have a Great Day!
    Louis
  • Options
    considering how so many Hollywood leftists say things that are equally stupid, this will blow over too.
  • Options

<< <i>I disgraced myself and my family with my behavior and for that I am truly sorry. I have battled with the disease of alcoholism for all of my adult life and profoundly regret my horrific relapse. >>

OK +1 for the quick apology. But it's telling that he apologized only for his alcoholism, not to Jews or women. -1 for that. He appears to have two distinct "diseases": alcoholism and a foul, bigoted character, and he hasn't acknowledged that he needs to work on the latter.

Too bad about his meltdown. I kind of liked the guy, but this is probably the end of his career. Sorta like when Lennon said the Beatles were "bigger than Jesus", only hateful and mean.

So, yeah I'd buy coins from him, at 60% of greysheet. The man's gotta eat.
  • Options
    mcheathmcheath Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭
    i didn't hear what he said but one thing im sure of is that the music does suck.
  • Options
    SciotoScioto Posts: 955

<< <i>easy to see those who are socially aware from those don't have CNN. Time to turn off Spike and turn on CNN, there is news on this planet >>

Hey, seateddime, you trying for a hat-trick?

This is the U.S. coin forum not Entertainment Tonight!

Take it to the Open Forum dopey.
    GO AHEAD! I DOUBLE-DOG DARE YOU TO RATE ME A 1!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file