Home Sports Talk
Options

The 2006 Patriots Super Bowl run thread.

perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
Training camp started up and the Pats will eye their 4th Super Bowl this year. Maroney is signed now we just need to get Branch in camp.

I like the offensive draft strategy we opted this year, I think the running game we can put into play this year will only better Brady's options in the short passing game and pave the way for another 4000 + passing yard season. One guy I am rooting for is Bam Childress to make the squad. This kid has got heart, I saw him play in last years final pre-season game and he looked good, 180 pounds but he is shifty and could make some plays. Hopefully Seymour can get back to 100 % and anchor that defensive squad.

The division looks like the Dolphins will give us the most trouble especially if Culpepper gets back to form. The Jets and the Bills are just a mess IMO.

Comments

• Options
    I would love to see that, love seeing a Michigan QB kicking ass!
  • Options
    I'm so happy ND got Charle Weis.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils
    1950s-1960s Topps NY Giants Team cards

Looking for Topps rookies as well.

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------This post ends here.

See you next year.
    Sincerely,
    The Bucs
  • Options
    HA! I knew Kevin would poke is dirty little mug in here and act up. Pats 3 Super Bowl wins- Yucs 1
  • Options
    One other thing. This thread is for adult conversation not schoolyard hogwash that you are used to spewing out of your dome.
  • Options
    What I dont understand is how Chad Jackson is already listed on the injury report with a thigh injury?
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,533 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm worried about the kicking game. Not sure Gramattica is the right answer.
  • Options
    LOL....gator recievers are useless..too bad your guys didn't know that! What a waste.

JS
  • Options

<< <i>LOL....gator recievers are useless..too bad your guys didn't know that! What a waste.

JS >>

I somewhat agree Kevin. History does show that, but as you know the Pats NEVER count on one receiver to carry the offensive game through the air. What they get with Jackson is a taller receiver which the Pats have lacked in the past.

Gramatica is a poor choice. The Patriots need a good leg to capp off Brady's fourth quarter magic.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>LOL....gator recievers are useless..too bad your guys didn't know that! What a waste.

JS >>

He can only do better than Clayton though, and he is about 20 years younger than Galloway. image
  • Options
    yeah Clayton stunk it up last year...thats ok, so did the other great 04 receivers...he is learning, but why bring Galloway into this? He
    played lights out last year..even with a rookie QB and NO other threat at WR. If Jackson puts up a fraction of those numbers he will
    help the patsies, but we know that AINT going to happen.

JS
  • Options
    LMAO.. hey Joey... how did Galloway do against the Pats?? Did he "play the lights out"?? bwahahaha
  • Options
    BTW.....

GO NEW YORK GIANTS
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options
    so what the bucs can't play when its 300 degrees below zero...they never have super bowls up there! patsies would of gotten killed
    if they had come down to TB in September in the heat. Joey can still play!

JS
  • Options

<< <i>so what the bucs can't play when its 300 degrees below zero >>

Im not trying to hear excuses for your Yucs stinking the joint up. The bottom line is the Pats are a superior franchise and the envy of the rest of the "pretenders"
  • Options
    Wow.. soooooo many excuses huh lil Joey. Its too cold.. boo hoo hoo. What the lil princesses that play for the Bucs cant suck it up?? Get over it... the Pats dominated the Bucs, and this year once again will make a run to the superbowl. The Bucs, well... once again will be lucky to make it too the playoffs.. and if they do... will get bounced out.

Here is the real question.. what date will Joey go into hiding??
  • Options
    check the posts..Ive been here since 2001, every year, the whole year..where have you been?

If I played in that sissy division you all did I might be talking smack, but then again you folded at home last year in the playoffs. The bucs will
    be ready, and the patsies will be battling the Bills for last place. Caddy is already the back that Dillon wishes he was, and Brady has ZERO
    count them, ZERO guys to throw it to. That won't win game, no matter how many times you get to play the fish and the jets. See you all soon

JS
  • Options
    Yea Caddy is the back that Dillon wishes he was, but neither of them have anything on Maroney. Caddy cannot stand a full season of NFL hits that just painfully obvious...who are you going to count on this year wqhen he goes down? Alstott? image

Brady will throw for more yards and touches this year than Silly Simms, Oh and he will have a better rating as well. But the biggest Stat will be Super Bowl wins.....4 PATS - 1 YUCS.
  • Options
    Joey.. lil Joey, first off... where were you right after the spanking the Pats laid on the Bucs?? Oh right... at home balling your pretty lil eyes out.
    You attempt to talk smack, but face it you cant. Talk about being a sissy "we cant win when its a lil cold out". Caddy is the back Dillon wishes he was?? hmmm.. i didnt think that Dillon wants to be sitting on the bench cause he is hurt.
    Lets see... what was that score in the Bucs/Pats game?? Oh thats right... 28-0...lmao.

How about this Joey, why dont you just go and cower in the corner for a while, fall asleep and maybe when you wake up, you will realize who has been the real dominating team. And guess what.. it sure isnt a team from Florida.
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Now we all know who the REAL Superbowl winners will be this year image

After this season they are going to need a new picture with SIX Lombardi's in it. image
  • Options
    ^^
    I wonder if the O-line will show up? That's the only real hangup I see about the 'Boys. I hope Julius Jones has a great season, as well as Fasano. You guys really have 2 topflight tightends. Basically, I hope the ND products do great and I hope that Bledsoe realizes that last years sack total isn't anything like he'll experience this season.

GO GIANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW-The NFC East is going to be so awesome to see.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    NFC east:

1 - Cowboys 11-5
    2 - Redskins 10-6
    3 - Giants 8-8
    4 - Eagles 6-10

As far as the patriots go, I wonder why Brady is sticking his neck out for Branch's holdout? Is there trouble in paradise?
  • Options

<< <i>

As far as the patriots go, I wonder why Brady is sticking his neck out for Branch's holdout? Is there trouble in paradise? >>

No trouble at all, Brady is the leader of the Pats and needs to sympathize with one of his own. Branch will be in camp and will appreaciate Brady for his backing, (and he might just go that extra little something too)

• Options
    Hopefully Bruschi's wrist will OK, that would not be good for the D. Reports say he could miss a month or so.
  • Options
    Why do we even bother when it comes to JS and the patriots. Last year he talked smack
    and then was NOWHERE to be found after his bucs got whipped. And then a week later
    he came crawling back to the boards with every excuse in the book. What a loser!
    give me liberty or give me death
    my hotelsimage
  • Options

<< <i>Why do we even bother when it comes to JS and the patriots. Last year he talked smack
    and then was NOWHERE to be found after his bucs got whipped. And then a week later
    he came crawling back to the boards with every excuse in the book. What a loser! >>

Its funny watching how much he sticks his foot in his mouth. Oh and its also fun watching him be helpless Yuc fan as well image
  • Options
    Where is Joe Stalin aka Kevin the sh!t talker? Things must be quiet in Yucs camp huh? No expectations, no exitement, Zero shot at having a better record than the Pats.
  • Options
    Kevin? I know you are on right now........whats up?
  • Options
    What? Its a couple of days later, the bucs are stronger and the patsies STILL suck!

Oh and by the way, last years game didn't matter. We had already wrapped up the divison. You all were trying to jockey for position
    in your crappy league, but thats ok...no one remembers second place!

I don't need to find the thread but I can assure you I was here after the butt kicking we took up there. You all are stupid to think I won't
    be here, I have been here every Sunday and will continue to be here backing up my team. Lets review:

In 2005 the bucs started out 6-0...this after everyone picked them to go 5-11 in the whole year. Chicken *hit Zack Thomas takes
    out Brian Griese with a cheap shot and we have to shift gears with a young, wet behind the ears QB named Simms, all he did in his
    first year was take the bucs to 11-5, win the divison and make the playoffs....all this with only one decent wide out and an injured
    Caddy! Once again the bucs proved that d gets you deep into the playoffs, not pretty boy QB's who are washed up.

I was here backing my team, when NO ONE gave them a shot in the hardest divison in football. Once again everyone is picking the Panthers
    and once again Im here to prove them wrong every step of the way.

The bucs WILL be in Miami this February. You can take that to the bank!

Thanks
    JS
    BUCS BUCS BUCS BUCSBUCSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS(bam)
  • Options

<< <i>What? Its a couple of days later, the bucs are stronger and the patsies STILL suck!

Ok give me something that backs that foolish statement of yours...please humor me.

Oh and by the way, last years game didn't matter. We had already wrapped up the divison. You all were trying to jockey for position
    in your crappy league, but thats ok...no one remembers second place!

Fine it "didnt count" we still had a better record than you.

I don't need to find the thread but I can assure you I was here after the butt kicking we took up there.

Im sure you were under the bed my silly little friend

Once again the bucs proved that d gets you deep into the playoffs, not pretty boy QB's who are washed up.

Uh Kevin the Patriots have a much better playoff record than the Yucs. And please tell me you are not reffering to Brady as a washed up pretty boy.

I was here backing my team, when NO ONE gave them a shot in the hardest divison in football. Once again everyone is picking the Panthers
    and once again Im here to prove them wrong every step of the way.

The bucs WILL be in Miami this February. You can take that to the bank!

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

>>

• Options
    Reche Caldwell is having a great camp, maybe his hard work will pay off and he can put up a decent season, great talent just hasn't shown it in games yet??? He will still do better than any Yucs receiver though.
  • Options
    Maroney and the stable of backs in PATRIOTS camp look good.

What is really great is Kevin thinks it matters that the Pats lost their "scrimmage" and the Yucs won image
  • Options
    Any news about this nonsense of Brady going to be questioned about ties to people involved in balco?
  • Options
    All of a sudden Junior Seau is are new middle linebacker????????????????????
  • Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>All of a sudden Junior Seau is are new middle linebacker???????????????????? >>

Good luck with that! Maybe he can hand out some of his excess Social Security benefits at the gate...
  • Options
    Hey I will take him over Monty Biesel anyday!

He still has some gas in the tank. Hey Kevin...He decided to un-retire to play for a "WINNER" and give himself the "BEST" shot at a ring. He didn't contact the yucs did he?
  • Options
    Well at least I got the Patriots to look forward to.
  • Options
    Are there any PATRIOT fans on board or what?
  • Options
    Pats looked good this week.. but.. until it is reg season these games mean nothing. No worries.. Pats again will make a run, and the Bucs again will be getting spanked by the league.
  • Options

<< <i>Pats looked good this week.. but.. until it is reg season these games mean nothing. No worries.. Pats again will make a run, and the Bucs again will be getting spanked by the league. >>

I cannot agree with you more. I hope Brady and company do not play much in the last preseason game. I remember last years final game they were in much to long.
  • Options
    One more pre-season game and we are off on our conquest!!!!! Hopefully this Deon Branch situation will clear up soon, whether he signs with us or not we need to move on.
  • Options
    Good luck tonight, I'm pulling for Lorenzen; I really like the big guy and he'll be a solid(and I mean SOLID) backup for Manning. I'll be watching. I loved how the Pats dismantled the "new and improved" Skins(who everyone is talking up....like they have every season since 99).
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
    Have fun with your SB run without Deion Branch. It looks like he may sign with either NYJ or SEA shortly. That leaves your starting WR's as:

Troy Brown
    Reche Caldwell or Chad Jackson

I think Ben Watson will have a big year, but, otherwise you guys look to be in a heap of trouble...
  • Options
    ^^
    That'll only happen if the Jets or Seattle agree to giving up some high round picks. I doubt the Jets will do it, since their recent folly with Jolley.

I must say, My Giants looks quite well especially Lorenzen and Jacobs.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options
    kcballboykcballboy Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭
    The Patriots rejected all trade offers and Branch has filed a grievance
    Travis
  • Options

<< <i>Have fun with your SB run without Deion Branch. It looks like he may sign with either NYJ or SEA shortly. That leaves your starting WR's as:

Troy Brown
    Reche Caldwell or Chad Jackson

I think Ben Watson will have a big year, but, otherwise you guys look to be in a heap of trouble... >>

In case you havn't noticed over the past few years, the Patriots are a "system" team and dont rely on any ONE person to lead them, (Other than Brady) The Patriots will spread the ball around...one week Watson will have a big game..next week...Graham...next week...Troy Brown...and so on and so on.....Not to mention a great "D" and a nice mix of power and speed with the running game. You will see............
  • Options
    Add Doug Gabriel for a few monster games this season. The Pats dont anticipate Branch being in uniform so they move on and put another cog in the wheel.
  • Options
    Damn! Im getting charged up!! The more I think about it, Gabriel is a great addition to the Patriots. A nice option in the passing game.

Look out Buffalo the Pats are going to stampede you on Sunday!!!!
  • Options
    The Fish dont really look like they will be too tuff. After the Pats make short work of the Billy's tomorow we will not be looking back!
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,533 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK, its over, it really is, the Sox fell behind the Royals 3-8 and came back to go ahead 9-8 and Timlin blew another one image , its over, yeah, I hear the Fat Lady . . . . . . . .

GOOOOOOOO PATRIOTS!!! imageimage