Home U.S. Coin Forum

A belated but richly deserved shout-out to Forum member 'joeyuk'

seanqseanq Posts: 8,568 ✭✭✭✭✭
About a month ago I pisted a new addition to my clipped cent set, and at the time I mentioned that there was a double-clipped 2002-P cent somewhere but I'd lost track of who owned it. As it turned out, joeyuk had offered this exact coin on the BST Forum a couple of weeks earlier with no takers. He PM'ed me and offered me the coin for my set...

... notice I didn't say "offered to sell" me the coin, he just offered it to me, free. He flatly refused any offers of compensation, so instead the bounty I've had on this coin since 2002 was donated to a local Hospice in Joe's name. I've had the coin for a few weeks now but only got around to scanning it last week, this will soon be cracked out of its PCGS holder and placed alongside its cousins in my date set.

A big thumbs-up and thank you to Joe for helping me make another big step toward completing my set.

Sean Reynolds
Incomplete planchets wanted, especially Lincoln Cents & type coins.

"Keep in mind that most of what passes as numismatic information is no more than tested opinion at best, and marketing blather at worst. However, I try to choose my words carefully, since I know that you guys are always watching." - Joe O'Connor

Comments

• LanLordLanLord Posts: 11,672 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool, intereting coin and good that the hospice got something out of this too!
  • dizzyfoxxdizzyfoxx Posts: 9,823 ✭✭✭
    image...There's always time for coin collecting. image
  • NumisOxideNumisOxide Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neat error.

Joe is a good guy.image and so is Sean. A couple months ago Sean sent me several Roosevelt dime errors for free.image Thanks again for those.

• seanqseanq Posts: 8,568 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thought maybe I'd bump some positive feedback on a forum member to combat the current thread trend.

Sean Reynolds

"Keep in mind that most of what passes as numismatic information is no more than tested opinion at best, and marketing blather at worst. However, I try to choose my words carefully, since I know that you guys are always watching." - Joe O'Connor
  • It's really cool that joeyuk ponied up that coin for you, and super cool that you donated what you would have paid to charity. I am happy to share cyberspace with folks like you.
  • ILikeMercsILikeMercs Posts: 1,392
    I still want to know if it's Joey UK or Joe Yuk...............image
    imageDo not taunt Happy Fun Ball image
  • most of the hospices do a wonderful job of helping the dying process in a respectable fashion; they are underappreciated saints. i usually donate to my local hospice.
  • messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,640 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I still want to know if it's Joey UK or Joe Yuk...............image >>

The latter.
  • INXSINXS Posts: 1,202
    Gotta love them Jersey guys. Way to go Joe. image
    "Well here's another nice mess you have gotten me into" Oliver Hardy 1930

BST successful dealings with:MsMorrisine, goldman86
  • pontiacinfpontiacinf Posts: 8,915 ✭✭
    joeyuk rox!

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • RBB617RBB617 Posts: 497 ✭✭
    I'll give a lot of praise to both Joeyuk and Seanq. Offering the error without compensation was a great gesture. Donating money to charity in the name of Joeyuk was just as noble.
  • MercuryMercury Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭✭
    It's this kind of stuff that make this place so special.

Mercury
    Collecting Peace Dollars and Modern Crap.
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,793 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like Joe Yuk... He's always treated me as a brother would.............. and that feels like family.

thanks for a positive thread, now show me a coin image

• I apologise for not acknoweledging this thread sooner. I never saw it. image
    I don't want you to think I ignored it. Thanks for the kind words. You contribute to
    the forum freely and this coin had little value to me but I knew you would appreciate it.

I just stumbled on this thread now while doing a search.
  • MikeInFLMikeInFL Posts: 10,188 ✭✭✭✭
    Joe is a very giving person. He sent me this coin to complete my Lincoln cent collection. We should all be as giving. Thanks Joe...Mike

imageimage
    Collector of Large Cents, US Type, and modern pocket change.
  • seanq and joeyuk both deserve a big imageimage

That's very cool of both of you. image
    If you haven't noticed, I'm single and miserable and I've got four albums of bitching about it that I would offer as proof.

-- Adam Duritz, of Counting Crows

My Ebay Auctions
  • ddbirdddbird Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭
    Wow, what a stand up guy!

• RegistryCoinRegistryCoin Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I am happy to share cyberspace with folks like you. >>

Me too. image

<< <i>I still want to know if it's Joey UK or Joe Yuk... >>

Me too. image
  • Dog97Dog97 Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭
    Joe & that coin are cool as hell!
    Change that we can believe in is that change which is 90% silver.
  • HootHoot Posts: 867

<< <i>He flatly refused any offers of compensation, so instead the bounty I've had on this coin since 2002 was donated to a local Hospice in Joe's name.

Sean Reynolds >>

Cool maneuvers! image And a great coin to boot.

Hoot
    From this hour I ordain myself loos'd of limits and imaginary lines. - Whitman
  • I can remember when things were not so snobby and more community orientated. image
    A bird sitting on a tree is never afraid of the branch breaking because it's trust is not in the branch but it's own wings.
  • seanqseanq Posts: 8,568 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How strange to see this thread again after all these years. I just reuploaded the image so it appears in the original post again.

Sean Reynolds

• BrolBrol Posts: 266 ✭✭
    always have a pleasure to deal with Joe Yuk. Some top pop coins in my collection are ex-Joe.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file