Home U.S. Coin Forum

HK-220, HK-221, HK-222. Nice Little Finest Known Alloy Set of Liberty High Relief So Called Dollars.

Just thought I'd share this small collection of High Relief So Called dollars. NGC recently published populations for So Called Dollars and I wasn't surprised to see that there is only 1 graded HK-221 and the HK-220 displayed below is the finest known in PF66BN. In addition, there are no PF68UCAM HK-222's so essentially, this is a finest known set of the three alloys (Bronze, Gilt, and Aluminum). I also have a 90mm HK-222 (with no swirl marks in the fields from cleaning!) that I grade PR66UCAM but NGC won't holder the darn thing because it's too big. image

HK-220 NGC PF66BN Bronze

HK-221 NGC MS64DPL Gilt

HK-222 NGC PF67UCAM Aluminum

Brandon Kelley - ANA - 972.746.9193 - http://www.bestofyesterdaycollectibles.com

Comments

• cladkingcladking Posts: 28,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow!
    Tempus fugit.
  • oooooooooooooooooooh, niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!
    The glass is half full!
  • Well, I know nothing about So Called Dollars, but those are beautiful.

What do you think, Mr. Bigglesworth?
  • awesome coins... tnx for the giveaway and please enter me....

There is nothing more powerful than the power of goodbye
  • jonathanbjonathanb Posts: 3,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very sweet.

Is there a story behind this trio, or did you piece them together from multiple sources?
  • poorguypoorguy Posts: 4,317

<< <i>Very sweet.

Is there a story behind this trio, or did you piece them together from multiple sources? >>

I put the set of them together for a collector who lived in Chicago. I found them through multiple sources. Some of these are tough little buggers to find in problem free condition.
    Brandon Kelley - ANA - 972.746.9193 - http://www.bestofyesterdaycollectibles.com
  • braddickbraddick Posts: 23,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holy cow!

(((Now, compare those stunning beauties with our dismal State quarter designs. Pathetic, isn't it?)))

peacockcoins

• tmot99tmot99 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭
    Very nice set. I was hoping to see you in Chicago.
  • mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
    Nice stuff.
    coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section
  • DUIGUYDUIGUY Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭
    Very nice !! Love the look of the HK-220 ,,,,, What am I saying !! ?? I love them ALL !! image
    “A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly."

- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 106-43 BC

• << <i>

<< <i>Very sweet.

Is there a story behind this trio, or did you piece them together from multiple sources? >>

I put the set of them together for a collector who lived in Chicago. I found them through multiple sources. Some of these are tough little buggers to find in problem free condition. >>

Let me see if I understand you correctly. You put a set together for a collector and then have the collector BIN them on eBay? Seems a little unconventional to me.

What happens if someone else BINS them first?image
  • Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭
    Super!
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • FatManFatMan Posts: 8,977
  • poorguypoorguy Posts: 4,317

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Very sweet.

I put the set of them together for a collector who lived in Chicago. I found them through multiple sources. Some of these are tough little buggers to find in problem free condition. >>

Let me see if I understand you correctly. You put a set together for a collector and then have the collector BIN them on eBay? Seems a little unconventional to me.

What happens if someone else BINS them first?image >>

Since we provide a two way market to our clients, they oftentimes change their collecting interests and wish to either consign or sell the coins back to us.
  • ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,767 ✭✭✭✭

I'm not crazy for the individual coins. But as a set, I'm impressed!

Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file