Home U.S. Coin Forum

American Buffalo Gold Coins on eBay

Regarding the new 2006 American Buffalo Gold Coins, many of which have already shown up on eBay and presented as being in "official" PCGS holders:

These are photos that have been enhanced by the sellers. We have not yet seen any of the 2006 American Buffalo Gold Coins, much less graded them, and the language on the inserts will be different from those being offered on eBay. We do expect our first shipment of these exciting coins today and the finished product should be entering the market early next week.

Ron Guth
President
Professional Coin Grading Service

Ron Guth
President
PCGS CoinFacts - the Internet Encyclopedia of U.S. Coins
www.CoinFacts.com

Comments

• Mr. President hasn't posted here before?

Welcome!
  • Thanks for the info
  • LanLordLanLord Posts: 11,672 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to Ebay, people will post stuff for sale months before it's been shipped (happened with the Buffalo Dollars).

But thanks for the definitive statement on that issue.
  • Thank you, MajorDuty, for noticing my first-ever post on the CU Message Boards. I hope I haven't opened Pandora's box!
    Ron Guth
    President
    www.CoinFacts.com
  • MrBreezeMrBreeze Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭
    Gosh, my tag just said "new member" after my first post. Welcome to the funhouse.
  • MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    Hey Ron, Turn your PMs on!!! That way we can send you notes like we send to David!!!image
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• Did they go "Poof" on ebay yet?image
    UCSB Electrical Engineering....... USCG and NASA
  • Done
    Ron Guth
    President
    www.CoinFacts.com
  • Eagerly awaiting Russ' "Fresh Meat" welcome............................................image
    ---Larry---

More and more these days I find myself pondering how to reconcile my net income with my gross habits." - John Nelson.
  • XpipedreamRXpipedreamR Posts: 8,059 ✭✭
    Russ wouldn't dare image
  • xbobxbob Posts: 1,979
    Welcome! It's nice to see the top dogs hanging out with, and looking out for, the peeps.
    -Bob
    collections: Maryland related coins & exonumia, 7070 Type set, and Video Arcade Tokens.
    The Low Budget Y2K Registry Set

• << <i>Did they go "Poof" on ebay yet?image >>

No, the PCGS listings are still there
  • As a self proclaimed member of the lumpen proletariat, I declare that this is JUST LIKE the times of Franklin Commems being sold on E bay WHEN the US Mint was still pre-selling/selling out. This kind of stuff has made me quit e bay. I liked e bay until about, I guess, 6 to 8 moths ago. Then I got unsolicited calls, e mails and folks asking me questions about my account that did not exists and in reality was mind blowing to see any info I did have out there for any lamer to use and look at.
  • MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    BTW Ron, welcome to the forums and GOT ANY JFKs?image
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• aficionadoaficionado Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Regarding the new 2006 American Buffalo Gold Coins, many of which have already shown up on eBay and presented as being in "official" PCGS holders:

These are photos that have been enhanced by the sellers. We have not yet seen any of the 2006 American Buffalo Gold Coins, much less graded them, and the language on the inserts will be different from those being offered on eBay. We do expect our first shipment of these exciting coins today and the finished product should be entering the market early next week.

Ron Guth
    President
    Professional Coin Grading Service >>

I have some questions:

Are there going to be First Strikes?

If so, do you get the coins directly from the Mint and then send/sell them to dealers?

If there are First Strikes and you don't get them from the mint, how are they designated First Strike?

Any insight would be appreciated.

thanks in advance.

• Where are the wings on these buffalos coins?
    Please download this app to help fight cancer at 0 cost. At no extra cost to you purchases from Amazon and other participating retailers will benefit research!

http://my.affinity.is/cancer-research?referral_code=MjI4Nzgz
  • Yes, we'll be doing First Strikes on the new Buffalo gold coins under our Bulk Program. We do not receive coins directly from the Mint, but from individual or corporate submitters who purchased them from the Mint. To qualify as a First Strike, the coin must 1) be submitted to us within 30 days of the release date or 2) come to us in a package postmarked by that date or 2) come to us anytime later in a Mint-sealed box with the slip showing an issue date within the 30 day period (these are the usual requirements for First Strike program).
    Ron Guth
    President
    www.CoinFacts.com
  • ERER Posts: 7,345
    Welcome to the forum, CoinKing. Please, do ask questions. There are lots of knowledgeable folks on here.image
  • Since Russ is nowhere to be found...........

And the rest of you......... let's just say "less than manly men"........... don't have the stones..........

FRESH MEAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!! image
    Cam-Slam 2-6-04
    3 "DAMMIT BOYS"
    4 "YOU SUCKS"
    Numerous POTD (But NONE officially recognized)
    Seated Halves are my specialty !
    Seated Half set by date/mm COMPLETE !
    Seated Half set by WB# - 289 down / 31 to go !!!!!
    (1) "Smoebody smack him" from CornCobWipe !
    IN MEMORY OF THE CUOF image
  • Please enter me in your "New Member Giveaway" for one of these beautiful American Buffalo Gold coins! Thanks! And welcome! image
  • RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭

<< <i>CoinKing
    President, PCGS

He sure got a custom title fast. image

Russ, NCNE
  • FatManFatMan Posts: 8,977
    Here's a Big FatMan Welcome to ya!image

We look forward to your participation. Have you ordered your flame retardant suit yet?image
  • FatManFatMan Posts: 8,977

<< <i>

<< <i>CoinKing
    President, PCGS

He sure got a custom title fast. image >>

Crap, that was the title I wanted when I got to 10,000 posts.image
  • GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,823 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually I meant my last post to be on this thread, which is more appropriate.

One more time:

I thought this Gold American Buffalo NGC graded PR70 UC, commanded some good dollars in this eBay auction.

eBay link

I saw another one go off on eBay w/o the First Strike designation and it only got $1075.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file