Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Philosophy behind the buying of AU-58 grade coins

2»

Comments

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 12,000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 25, 2023 10:12AM

I joined the forum a little more than year after the passing of Bear. There have been a couple of revived threads which has his comments, which are enjoyable to say the least.

In regards to the thread title, I can wholeheartedly agree. I appreciate coins that did their job of circulating, although briefly, in commerce.

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    olympicsosolympicsos Posts: 719 ✭✭✭✭

Some coins like the Indian Head $2.50 and $5, an AU58 might technically have never seen circulation. It might also be a better buy than a MS62 or MS63 that's been upgraded from an AU58.

• Options
    DCWDCW Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭✭✭

I miss that wise, old bear.

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• Options
    WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 9,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 25, 2023 12:18PM

I can certainly appreciate a good, key date in AU 58.

A LOT of wisdom there........RIP Bear. :'(o:)

“I may not believe in myself but I believe in what I’m doing” ~Jimmy Page~

My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947)

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

• Options
    telephoto1telephoto1 Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭✭✭

Abe was part of what is really great about these forums. Wish there were more "Bears" in the world.
    RIP

RIP Mom- 1932-2012

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file