Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Another Sunday night on the Bay...

Picked up a pair of pieces tonight:

1. Netherlands 2.5 Cents, 1883. NGC MS66 BN. You can't swing a dead cat without hitting a 1 cent denomination from 1883, but in the 2.5 cent denomination this is the key date of the series. Mintage is 400,000 and the next lowest mintage is 1 million pieces. I hardly ever see it in mint state, let alone in extremely high grade.

imageimageimage

2. Great Britain 5 Shilling Bank Token. Raw. Mint state examples start at about $1,100 and go up from there, so I've had to set my sights a bit lower. This one appears to be a solid VF example (VF25-VF30 IMO). Much more affordable at $250. I have a return privilege if NGC bodybags it, but it looks pretty clean to my eyes (color probably is not accurate due to seller's photography).

imageimage

Comments

• Options
    Kurt4Kurt4 Posts: 492 ✭✭
    Love!!! the GB piece. I hope it does not BB, although my suspicions are that it probably will. Great coin none the less.
  • Options
    Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭
    Nice catches.
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • Options
    FilamCoinsFilamCoins Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I have a return privilege if NGC bodybags it >>

Why would it BB? Cleaned?

• Options
    GallienusGallienus Posts: 31 ✭✭
    Not too crazy about the British Bank dollar. Slabbed 63 specimens used to run abt $450 not too long ago but noone wanted 'em then. This coin looks like it has a lite rim bruise at 10:00 and $250 sounds like a lot of money for it
    I collect Ancients and early Independence Era Latin American.
  • Options
    coinpicturescoinpictures Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Love!!! the GB piece. I hope it does not BB, although my suspicions are that it probably will. Great coin none the less. >>

Care to clarify?
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think the 1804 Dollar will be BBed unless there is cleaning not visible in the image.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭✭
    Better go with ICG on that one.
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    coinpicturescoinpictures Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Better go with ICG on that one. >>

???
  • Options
    Kurt4Kurt4 Posts: 492 ✭✭
    Coinpictures--After looking again, I think I may be wrong. At first glance it just had "that look" to it. If you know what I mean. But after looking closer, I think it will grade. I'd like to see your photo of when you get the coin in hand.