Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

You know you are a coin collector when...

..... your wife isn't upset you have a bust collection.

Add yours to the list image
Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing about. -Benjamin Franklin-

Comments

• Options
    mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
    You get excited by cracks.
    coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section
  • Options
    GemineyeGemineye Posts: 5,374
    You kick out the cane from the little old lady and pick up her old loose change.............image
    ......Larry........image
  • Options
    CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,920 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ....when your bank account is empty image
  • Options
    BigTomBigTom Posts: 305 ✭✭✭
    When you have a dream about inverted mintmarks.
  • Options
    TrinkettsTrinketts Posts: 1,699
    When you can hold a 1/2 cent in your hand worth more than your car....
    Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing about. -Benjamin Franklin-
  • Options
    LongacreLongacre Posts: 16,717 ✭✭✭
    ... when you ask your HR department whether your stock option contracts are assignable to Doug Winter Numismatics.
    Always took candy from strangers
    Didn't wanna get me no trade
    Never want to be like papa
    Working for the boss every night and day
    --"Happy", by the Rolling Stones (1972)
  • Options
    When coins are the first thing that come to mind when someone says, "I can't find the keys."

Hey... What happened to my avatar?
  • Options
    ledzep87ledzep87 Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭

<< <i>You kick out the cane from the little old lady and pick up her old loose change............. >>

So......is that where you got yours? image
    Great transaction with: Relaxn, Collectorcoins, OKCC
  • Options
    rsdoug81rsdoug81 Posts: 682 ✭✭

<< <i>When you can hold a 1/2 cent in your hand worth more than your car.... >>

Not so difficult for some of us.
  • Options
    Lady Liberty is your favorite historical person.
    Always talkative, but trying to learn....Amanda
  • Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone gives you change and you grade it before counting it.
  • Options
    OKbustchaserOKbustchaser Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>When you can hold a 1/2 cent in your hand worth more than your car.... >>

or your house...

(or your house AND your carimage)
    Just because I'm old doesn't mean I don't love to look at a pretty bust.
  • Options

.....you skip lunch and go hungry all day because you just found a VG 1944 wheat cent in your change. Lunch is $3.49 and, after pulling out the 1944 cent, you only have $3.48.
    www.jaderarecoin.com - Updated 6/8/06. Many new coins added!

Our eBay auctions - TRUE auctions: start at $0.01, no reserve, 30 day unconditional return privilege & free shipping!
  • Options

<< <i>You know you are a coin collector when...

.....you skip lunch and go hungry all day because you just found a VG 1944 wheat cent in your change. Lunch is $3.49 and, after pulling out the 1944 cent, you only have $3.48. >>

Winner so far ROFL
  • Options
    Someone gives you change and you grade it before counting it.

Beat me to it.
  • Options
    When you tilt all your change in the light to see the cartwheel luster.
  • Options

<< <i>You kick out the cane from the little old lady and pick up her old loose change.............image >>

OOps sorry I thought it said Dealer........!!!!!image
    ......Larry........image
  • Options
    PhillyJoePhillyJoe Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭✭
    1. You plan your vacations around coin conventions.

"Hey kids, how would you like to see Denver this summer?"

2. You have a credit card/checking account/shipping address that uses your work, not home, address.

3. Someone challenges you to lay all of your coins side by side and you figure you would end up in the next town.

Joe
    The Philadelphia Mint: making coins since 1792. We make money by making money. Now in our 225th year thanks to no competition. image
  • Options
    when your favorite dealer doesn't play cards or do drugs
  • Options
    you sold your car to buy a half cent !
  • Options
    actually my Proof Cam Jefferson is worth more than my car !
  • Options

<< <i>when your favorite dealer doesn't play cards or do drugs >>

The glass is half full!
  • Options
    rec78rec78 Posts: 5,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When your collection is worth $100,000 and you owe $100,000 on your mortgage.
  • Options
    eyoung429eyoung429 Posts: 6,374
    You need to do $3,000.00 worth of repairs to the wood floor when it collapses under the weight of coins.

When all of your safety deposite box invoices per month are more than your mortgage.

when your shipping fee's from buying coins is more than your monthly car payment.

when your wife asks about the incurred costs of invoices from PCGS,NGC,ANACS that would put a kid through college..........

I could keep going........
    This is a very dumb ass thread. - Laura Sperber - Tuesday January 09, 2007 11:16 AM image

Hell, I don't need to exercise.....I get enough just pushing my luck.
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know you are a coin collector when.... You know your US and world history best as it relates to the history of coinage.

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    You exclaim, "hey man, I'm a coin collector" after the cashier looks at you funny for counting 12 cents in change.
  • Options
    claychaserclaychaser Posts: 4,405 ✭✭✭✭
    When you talk about meeting some guy to check out his "Fugio", and he wants to check out your "crusty busties".

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye
  • Options
    OffMetalOffMetal Posts: 1,684
    When you wear your loupe everywhere you go image

When you reading through the message boards in computer class while you take the computer class's finals (like me *cough*)

-Ben T. * Collector of Errors! * Proud member of the CUFYNA
  • Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,760 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>You have a credit card/checking account/shipping address that uses your work, not home, address. >>

And I thought I was the only one who did this. image
    Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • Options

.....you get excited for a fleeting moment....your heart flutters briefly....you sit up in your seat......your eyes widen....you begin to smile..... while you are driving down the road and out of the corner of your eye you see a store sign that says......Coin Laundry. Then you feel deflated once you realize that it is not what you were hoping for. Damn. Happens everytime to me.
    www.jaderarecoin.com - Updated 6/8/06. Many new coins added!

Our eBay auctions - TRUE auctions: start at $0.01, no reserve, 30 day unconditional return privilege & free shipping!
  • Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,760 ✭✭✭✭
    Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • Options
    When your postman brings you more coins than junk mail.
    Support your local gunslinger, you never know when you'll need him
  • Options
    CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,920 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>You know you are a coin collector when...

.....you get excited for a fleeting moment....your heart flutters briefly....you sit up in your seat......your eyes widen....you begin to smile..... while you are driving down the road and out of the corner of your eye you see a store sign that says......Coin Laundry. Then you feel deflated once you realize that it is not what you were hoping for. Damn. Happens everytime to me. >>

That exact thing has happened to me on more than one occasion!
  • Options
    NumisOxideNumisOxide Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ......you write a reply to this thread.
  • Options
    eyoung429eyoung429 Posts: 6,374
    ....when you receive a phone call from the Post office and they will not deliver anymore as they had 3 cases of workmen's comp over carrying packages and catalogs to your home.
    This is a very dumb ass thread. - Laura Sperber - Tuesday January 09, 2007 11:16 AM image

Hell, I don't need to exercise.....I get enough just pushing my luck.
  • Options
    CoxeCoxe Posts: 11,139

<< <i>

<< <i>You have a credit card/checking account/shipping address that uses your work, not home, address. >>

And I thought I was the only one who did this. image >>

Me too! Then I graduated to the PO box. And finally....became a "part time dealer" to justify the time and expense of the collecting. That last one is startlingly too close to a drug addict.
    Select Rarities -- DMPLs and VAMs
    NSDR - Life Member
    SSDC - Life Member
    ANA - Pay As I Go Member
  • Options
    MFHMFH Posts: 11,720 ✭✭✭✭

When I tell a few friends that I found another barber and they ask why I stopped going to the last one.
    Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Coin collecting is not a hobby, it's an obsession !

New Barber Purchases
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,857 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know you are a coin collector when a smart person asks you a question about numismatics.

It's even cooler when you have the answer without a book/grey sheet in hand.
  • Options
    SilverDaddySilverDaddy Posts: 53 ✭✭
    You know you are a coin collector when....

your wife suggests a roll in the sack and your roll of Sacs is the first thing to come to mind....
    - - Mitch
  • Options
    ..... you complain...about the US Mint...about Ebay.....about PCGS.......about USPS.....about your bank... about everything!!!
  • Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...when you can smell coin shops, mint sets and silver.

...and yes, those damn "COIN LAUNDRY's" interfere with it. Just go in and buy a couple rolls of quarters. It helps. image
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options

<< <i>You know you are a coin collector when....

your wife suggests a roll in the sack and your roll of Sacs is the first thing to come to mind.... >>

....................Yeah..........So......!!!!!!!!....................image
    ......Larry........image
  • Options
    ..... you remeber exactly when you purchased your last coin and have the itchy trigger finger to get another coin NOW!
  • Options
    ........ You see a rubber chicken and say "Where's Marty?"
    Cam-Slam 2-6-04
    3 "DAMMIT BOYS"
    4 "YOU SUCKS"
    Numerous POTD (But NONE officially recognized)
    Seated Halves are my specialty !
    Seated Half set by date/mm COMPLETE !
    Seated Half set by WB# - 289 down / 31 to go !!!!!
    (1) "Smoebody smack him" from CornCobWipe !
    IN MEMORY OF THE CUOF image
  • Options
    JrGMan2004JrGMan2004 Posts: 7,557

<< <i>........ You see a rubber chicken and say "Where's Marty?" >>

......... when you have nitemares about walking into your local coin shop and finding Marty there already looking through the latest proof sets!
    -George
    42/92
  • Options
    When the first thing you ask a bank teller is if they have any rolls of half dollars...

When you tell your kids not to palm the change you just gave them (hold it by the rims!!!)...

When you go through your kids' piggy banks looking for anything of value... and then find yourself in a dilemma of what to put in to replace it with (usually new dollar bills!!)

When the kids' college fund adds up to less than $3000 in face value but is worth more than two four year tuitions and room and board to an out-of-state Ivy league school

(and I thought this was going to be a Redneck thread!!!)
    TheZooKrew
    Morgan, modern sets, circulated Kennedys, and Wisconsin error leaf quarter Collector
    First (and only - so far) Official "You Suck" Award from Russ 2/9/07
  • Options
    LongacreLongacre Posts: 16,717 ✭✭✭
    ... when you realize your daughter is about to lose her first tooth, and you desperately check the calendar to see when you can get to the local coin shop to buy a Morgan dollar.
    Always took candy from strangers
    Didn't wanna get me no trade
    Never want to be like papa
    Working for the boss every night and day
    --"Happy", by the Rolling Stones (1972)
  • Options
    When you over hear part of a conversation about diamonds and you declare "that they must be clear for the Indian to grade XF".
    Always talkative, but trying to learn....Amanda
  • Options
    CoxeCoxe Posts: 11,139
    When you go to explore a haunted house, unoccupied for a century, and you spend far more time looking for change between seat cushions than looking for ghosts.
    Select Rarities -- DMPLs and VAMs
    NSDR - Life Member
    SSDC - Life Member
    ANA - Pay As I Go Member

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file