Home Sports Talk
Options

Pujols: Your predictions wanted!

yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
Cardinals have played 44 games and Pujols has 22 HRs which looks to be on pace for 81. I would love to see some predictions on how many HRs everyone thinks Pujols will end up with!

My prediction is 76 with 40 of them coming by the All Star break.

What do you all think?

Comments

• Options
    fab4fab4 Posts: 280 ✭✭
    i think 53
  • Options
    wow..just 31 more, eh
  • Options
    mcgwire (the skinny one) had 49 for the year. it is a long season.

you are saying 54 more home runs ...........eh
  • Options
    yeah, I dont think it will be any problem for Pujols to hit 18 more for the remaining of May, all of June, and first 9 days of July. Even if he hit only 4 more this month, 2 in the beginning of July, that only leaves 12 HRs in the month of June. I don't think that is a long shot for him.
    Pujols' ability to make contact far surpasses McGwire's and that is why I think it will be just as possible, if not more possible that Pujols can do it.
  • Options
    i think he will get less to hit as the season goes on. i would guess you have never been in st. louis during the summertime. 100 degrees equals 120 to 125 on the field

anything is possible as i thought the mark of 70 by mcgwire would stand longer than it did.

• Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    Who knows, perhaps MLB wants Pujols to break the SS HR mark.
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭

<< <i>mcgwire (the skinny one) had 49 at the break. it is a long season. >>

No he didn't. He hit 49 his rookie year. Even in '98, I think he only had 37 at the break. Not sure what Bonds' total was at that point in his season of 73.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Steve (yawie) is correct.

Bonds I think had 40?

Steve

edited to add my prediction: I hope 74
    Good for you.
  • Options
    When Bonds hit 73 a few years back he had the exact numbers of homers in the same amount of games that Pujols did--Big Mac had 37 I believe.
    I think Pujols has a very good shot, considering Bonds was seeing pitches on a team without nearly as many good sluggers as the Cards have right now. It's hard to pitch around someone when you have to face either Edmonds or Rolen next.
    Personally, I think he'll hit about 65.
    Jay
  • Options
    I predict he will hit more HRs than the entire Royals team....although it will be close.

I'm so glad our local scouts managed to see the blossoming talent he would possess, him playing high school/college ball in the Kansas city area, and all.......image
  • Options
    WeekendHackerWeekendHacker Posts: 1,444 ✭✭
    It the Cards are in a tight race, he will get pitched around and not reach 70. If they are running away with the division, he will have closer to 80 than 70. I don't see the Reds staying this hot, and Clemens won't be the same IF he comes back with the Astros, so I vote for closer to 80.
  • Options
    MantleMarisFordBerraMantleMarisFordBerra Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭
    I would LOVE for this guy to break the record, if for no other reason then to put the whole"steriod, is it a real record or not?" thing to bed. This guy is a class act, baseball is lucky to have him.

Predictions? Ummmm...I'll shoot low(?) at 74
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    He won't hit more than 60, 58 would be my guess.

He will be in the 40s in July, and teams will just stop pitching to him. Why they continue to now is unreal.

And yankeeno, a less on tact:

If you are going to field other's opinions on a thread, DON'T SLAM THEM WHEN THEY GIVE ONE! Talk about insensitive.

• Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    I certainly hope he winds up with - 74. Or more, but at least 74.
  • Options
    Eventually, everyone (including the great Mr. Pujols) reverts back to the mean.

Remember these Chuck Norris Facts

1. When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn't lifting himself up, he's pushing the Earth down
    2. According to Einstein's theory of relativity, Chuck Norris can actually roundhouse kick you yesterday
    3. There are no such things as lesbians, just women who have not yet met Chuck Norris
  • Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭
    I would say 59.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭
    64 HRs 185 RBIs
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • Options

<< <i>He won't hit more than 60, 58 would be my guess.

He will be in the 40s in July, and teams will just stop pitching to him. Why they continue to now is unreal.

And yankeeno, a less on tact:

If you are going to field other's opinions on a thread, DON'T SLAM THEM WHEN THEY GIVE ONE! Talk about insensitive. >>

You will NEVER lesson me Axhole. It wasnt a slam, it was a discussion...not that you would ever recognize what a discussion is.

Edited to add: I also know that this is your attempt to debunk my character after I slammed you and call you "Classless" by calling Steve a pedofile. You have NO chance of ever out smarting me Axholio.
  • Options

<< <i>wow..just 31 more, eh >>

Yes, that's a 'discussion'.

How dare he attempt to disagree with you, right?

• Options
    Where is the slam in that? If I wanted to slam his opinion it would have been...."Are you Fing crazy? Just 31 HR's? You need to smarten up idiot!"
    "just 31 HR's, eh" is not a slam...It was a comment of surprise.

I dont know why I am explaining this to you because you're just an A$$ waiting for your next packing.
  • Options
    Oh no....another good thread run amuck with personal conflicts.

Time to move on to the next thread.

See you folks later

Remember these Chuck Norris Facts

1. When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn't lifting himself up, he's pushing the Earth down
    2. According to Einstein's theory of relativity, Chuck Norris can actually roundhouse kick you yesterday
    3. There are no such things as lesbians, just women who have not yet met Chuck Norris
  • Options
    Is it just me or does everyone else see who is ALWAYS the common denominater when these posts run amok?

yes it takes 2, but many are just sick and tired of sitting by and being ridiculed, called out and having everything they say twisted, hence they lash back.

I'm sorry megtron feels that way but I'm sure he is not the only one.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    WP, weird how people attack what another person types, in a thread, on a message board, in cyberspace, when said party says something that furiously upsets a defensive wimp!!!
  • Options
    There is minimal risk typing a post on a website, it's not like someone is going to reach through cyberspace and knock your freaking teeth in. However, if some of the things I read were said face to face, Orthopedic Surgeons would have more business fixing numerous facial fractures.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,498 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pujols will hit 64 Hr's just my guess, I really think that pitchers are just going to start to walk him, I cannot see them continuing to pitch to him as its getting out of hand now I mean anything in the strike zone goes into orbit. If they continue to pitch to him I think he might break the 70 + mark.

As far as the verbal attacks on this forum it is comical that people would take it too serious. I admit my butt has been frosted a few times but thats sports talk and everyone has opinions but I also agree that if we were at a bar some people would not get so mouthy. It is real easy to throw words around when safely at home typing on a computer.
  • Options
    WP-

I simply called out yankeeno for insulting someone who posted his thoughts on the topic. I am sorry you can't see the one at fault here, and instead, lash back at the wrong party.

• Options
    He did not imsult anyone. he simply said:

only 31 more?

that is an insult?

the only thing here insulting is you and your consrant attempts at insulting our intelligence.

he insulted no one and even explained to you exactly what he meant.

cement heads have trouble I know.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    wow..just 31 more, eh

real insulting.

now had he been like you and said

wow..just 31 more, eh you dope

then I'd agree with u.

steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>He did not imsult anyone. he simply said:

only 31 more?

that is an insult?

the only thing here insulting is you and your consrant attempts at insulting our intelligence.

Steve >>

I WILL EDIT THIS FOR YOU!!!

He did not imsult (insult) anyone. he simply said:

only 31 more?

(is) that is an insult?

the only thing here insulting (,) is you and your consrant (constant) attempts at insulting our intelligence (AHAHAHAHAAH).

Steve

AND I AM THE NEW POSTER HERE, WHO IS DUMB!!!
  • Options
    Thanks for the edit.

You said it, not me

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>Thanks for the edit.

You said it, not me

Steve >>

That would be:

You said it, not I
  • Options
    Hey toiletbowl man

I just went thru a few of your posts. What did I find?

maybe you should go back and EDIT a few yourself.

here I'll send you (hopefully) on your way.

Why does the intellect of Axtell need to be questioned, he has legitimate beefs with the national sports reports, as much as I do. It is not all about the Yankees. I started this thread and he saw my point that I was not bashing the Yankees, only saw how it is true, that reports about the Tigers fall to the garbage, because something Yankee related is seemingly, more important to report. Axtell hates Bonds, I do not care for the man, but I think what he has done in his career is wonderful. As I have also said before, I will bash Bonds like everyone else, when I see a failed drug test, witnessed by a notary public, with two forms of ID. Axtell may be a little more cynical about things than I am, but on some subjects, he is right on. OK, now I am sure to see replies to this post about how I am all on his jock too, just like I am hanging from the jock of Jack Morris too!!!!!

Pot meet kettle.

Appears to be many mistakes in that diatribe.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    SMH
  • Options

<< <i>Hey toiletbowl man

I just went thru a few of your posts. What did I find?

maybe you should go back and EDIT a few yourself.

here I'll send you (hopefully) on your way.

Why does the intellect of Axtell need to be questioned, he has legitimate beefs with the national sports reports, as much as I do. It is not all about the Yankees. I started this thread and he saw my point that I was not bashing the Yankees, only saw how it is true, that reports about the Tigers fall to the garbage, because something Yankee related is seemingly, more important to report. Axtell hates Bonds, I do not care for the man, but I think what he has done in his career is wonderful. As I have also said before, I will bash Bonds like everyone else, when I see a failed drug test, witnessed by a notary public, with two forms of ID. Axtell may be a little more cynical about things than I am, but on some subjects, he is right on. OK, now I am sure to see replies to this post about how I am all on his jock too, just like I am hanging from the jock of Jack Morris too!!!!!

Pot meet kettle.

Appears to be many mistakes in that diatribe.

Steve >>

You point out one spelling mistake, oh wait, it must be the series of !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!s, correct?

Edited for this: Do you see how easy it is, to get you to totally waste your time and effort to search on my posts? You must have wasted a couple of minutes for that! Do you feel thrilled? Do you feel as if you are superior? Point out ONE spelling mistake, the word "insult," is on a basic second grade spelling test.
  • Options
    Toiletbowl man

You always begin a paragraph like that?

Wasted time? nah it was a pleasure making you look like the fool.

Steve

edited to add:

You start with the edit crap and then have the audacity to make the claim that I must feel superior? jeese you are a jerk. Thanks for showing EVERYONE your true self.

Good for you.
  • Options
    OK,

I

will

type

this,

is

that

OK

with

you?
  • Options
    Hopefully you won't type at all.

now move along troll.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    WP, it has been almost 15 years for myself, explain to all of us, what it really is like to be a virgin!
  • Options
    Anyone else see through this guy?

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Of course...by most of his posts he is only here to cause uproar with outlandish statements. He's enjoying playing "mr troublemaker" because he is the one that isnt getting laid. I completely see through it and thats why I never respond to his posts.
  • Options
    Good advice yankeeno.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    There are numerous members on this message board who I refuse to be drawn into a 'debate' with. They simply are not worth my time and if I were to reply, I would only expect them to come back with some school-yard gibberish - which would completely avoid the topic.
  • Options
    Outlandish statements? The first thread I started here, was the Detroit Tigers thread, and Yankee blowers thought I was using it as a way to bash the Yankees. Did you see that the post got their panties in a bunch without even trying? It was not I, who started with the name calling, it is I who was called an idiot, troll, etc, etc, etc, before I ever questioned one's intellect.

What outlandish statements have I made? The fact that if every slugger is under the steroid accusation, Pujols should also be. That Jack Morris IS a Hall of Famer? That A-Rod has been a steady performer for over a decade? That Pete Rose should be in the Hall of Fame? That any person who ever succeeded in life from their hard work does NOT owe anybody anything? That sports does NOT revolve around New York? I can go on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and will!

I have something women like, it is called humor, something of which I see has left some of the minds of posters on this forum decades ago. But it is fine, because it is not I who has pented up frustrations!

• Options
    What outlandish statements have I made?

. And I can also probably bet, if there is a Yankees/Tigers playoff series, there will be many suspect calls by umps,

I will bash Bonds like everyone else, when I see a failed drug test, witnessed by a notary public, with two forms of ID.

I see Axtell make valid points,

. You all bash Barry Bonds, and the way the man conducted his business, as if he is the ONLY one who may have done things via cheating, but I bet most of you people made some money off his cards' exploding value.

I think that the above are quite outlandish.

LOL

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    I'd like to see him break the record - let's say 75.

This thread is interesting so many have predicted 60 or more homers. The Vegas line suggests they are 76% sure Pujols won't more than 59 homers.
  • Options
    People are desperate for someone, anyone to break Bonds' trainted 73.

I don't see how Pujols will either keep up this pace, or continue to have pitches to hit all season.

• Options

<< <i>What outlandish statements have I made?

. And I can also probably bet, if there is a Yankees/Tigers playoff series, there will be many suspect calls by umps,

I will bash Bonds like everyone else, when I see a failed drug test, witnessed by a notary public, with two forms of ID.

I see Axtell make valid points,

. You all bash Barry Bonds, and the way the man conducted his business, as if he is the ONLY one who may have done things via cheating, but I bet most of you people made some money off his cards' exploding value.

I think that the above are quite outlandish.

LOL

Steve >>

I suppose MLB would be better off with the Tigers in the post season as opposed to the Yankees, just like the NFL was better off with a Pittsburgh win over Seattle in the Super Bowl. The biggest game of the year, was won by refs, for a league that was better off seeing Bettis go out on top. This year, was the first time, I ever sat down to watch a Super Bowl, and quit watching because it was not on an even platform, tell me those calls were not suspect! Remember the Yankee kid who reached over the wall and caught what should NOT have been a homer, I believe off the bat of Jeter? If baseball had their way, the World Series would be changed to a Yankees/BoSox series every year, because they think that is what everyone wants! Some of you can see my point on that, if you can comprehend!

I am NOT saying Barry Bonds did NOT take anything, he probably did, he is just baseball's whipping boy. I constantly see Bonds being bashed by every level there can be, to a lesser extent, McGwire, Sosa, and Palmiero. When are people going to start speaking out more about the latter three, Brady Anderson, Brett Boone, Giambi, and Sheffield, etc, etc, etc, etc! Some are out of the league right now, fine, one is running after probably the most pristine record in all of sports, but do not act as if Bonds is the ONLY player who has EVER cheated in baseball. And if you sold a Bonds rookie card when they spiked up in recent years, then you capitalized on alleged cheating, the same as he has, tell me I am wrong! Throwing a spitball is cheating also, tell me there is not anyone in the Hall of Fame who was known for that. Cheating is cheating, flat out, whether it is a high or low profile, in school, if I had a cheat sheet while taking a test, or if I was supplied the answers to the test a day beforehand, it is cheating either way! And nobody can tell me baseball would look at Bonds without bias, that is where the notary public would come in, but some people on these boards cannot see sarcasm or humor in a statement!!!
  • Options
    LOL talk about outlandish statements!

keep them coming toiletbowl.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    If Sosa, McGwire or Palmeiro were chasing the HR Record, they would be under the same scrutiny, period.