Home Sports Talk
Options

The Official Tigers Thread

Nobody even notices they are tied for the best record in baseball, considering the great season the Yankees are having thus far. Whether their season continues this way, or not, still gotta give Jim Leyland props. I personally want to thank Kenny Rogers for beating up the cameraman last year, or he may have stayed in Texas, the youth of the Tigers in pitching needed someone with experience. I would like to thank Carlos Pena for striking out so much in his time here, allowing Chris Shelton to be an everyday player. I would like to thank the White Sox for giving up on Magglio Ordonez, last year he was not 100%, and he is now healthy and appears to be the Mags of old. Hey, Dave Dombrowski, thanks for bringing Pudge here, we needed a catcher like him to handle the pitchers, and he is on top of his game yet again, did anyone see his defensive skills when he played 1st base last week? Carlos Guillen is now healthy after knee surgery almost 2 years ago, and he is playing like everyone knows he is capable of.

Also, Dave Dombrowski, I WOULD HAPPILY TAKE IN BARRY BONDS VIA FREE AGENCY NEXT YEAR, TRY FOR HIM, then we can hear all the bltching on these message boards, how the DH rule should be voided for all of baseball!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Why did you have to mention the yanks in this thread?

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Because every thread on here seems to involve the Yankees, so I thought I would continue with the MO!!!!
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    Can the Tiger's rotation keep up with the White Sox rotation...no

Can the Tiger's eek out a wildcard birth...no

JS

PS Has Shelton fallen off the face of the earth?
  • Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah, and it is ALL Yankee bashing. Good to see you know what the fu$k you are talking about. image

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options
    So basically you are part of the problem. here you had a chance to create a thread in which discussion about something other then the yanks and yet you just had to include them. next time look in the mirror before you cry about all the yankee talk on these boards.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Chris Shelton over Carlos Pena, I would take that trade off anyday, Chris Shelton started off strong, slumped, and I never once mentioned in any previous post that Chris Shelton will hit for a .400 average, or overtake the HR talk, but he is one good professional baseball hitter, and it will be seen as he matures even more. Chris Shelton will be a yearly .320+ hitter, 25-35 HRs, with 90-100+ RBIs per year, that is quite good in my opinion.

Can the Tigers keep up with the White Sox rotation, it is possible, if they do not pitch, they will not be on the roster.
    Can they eek out a Wild Card birth, errrrrrm, who wants that when a division title is possible.
  • Options
    This thread is tainted.

edited to add:

next week (if they still) have the best record in baseball create another. or wait till this one gets to page 2. which with all the yankee threads created won't be long.

ps.......The Sox have great pitching. I like the Tigers and hope they do well.

be nice to see them in the P.O's this year.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Whether they still have the best record or not, all I have been wishing for over the past 2 decades is a competitive team, and I finally think we have come to that point!!!!
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    I am glad to see the Tigers playing well - it's great for their fans after so many years of bad teams. They also seem to be building a team with some great young pitchers and players, which is the way to stay competitive for years to come.
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    This thread got tainted when the so-called 'fans' (wp and softybrain) injected their opinions into this thread.

His opinion about the tigers getting no press because of the yankees 'hot' start taints the thread somehow? He raises valids points, and yet all you yankeeites can do is see 'ohmygod he talked about the yankees! grrrr!!!'

WP, you are a big crying baby. He mentioned the yankees overtaking the national media away from the tigers, and you ran crying like a kid who got beat up at school (something I am sure you are QUITE familiar with). Softy, maybe one day YOU will know what the f**k you are talking about, until then, keep yer yap shut.

• Options
    Seems like myself and Axtell are well on our ways of being hated on this message board, he saw the point I made perfectly!!!!
  • Options

<< <i>Seems like myself and Axtell are well on our ways of being hated on this message board, he saw the point I made perfectly!!!! >>

Well there are plenty yankee 'fans' (and I use that term lightly discussing these clowns), so they think because there are more of them, and they are louder, that they are right. They hate dissenting opinions, they hate anyone critical of the yankees, they hate anything that dares to break their precious bubble that the yankees are the best.

• Options
    A761506A761506 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭
    Why can't we stick to the thread topics and cut out the bickering that ruins them...

Everyone here is entitled to their own opinion, regardless of whether you think it or the person who post it is idiotic or anything else.

As a lifelong Tiger fan, I am extremely happy with the way they are playing at the moment. I figured they would have a shot at second place this season and that looks like a distinct possibility at this point. Perhaps they could win enough games to qualify as the wildcard, as I doubt they will be able to win the division, but I do think the Tigers could find themselves in the playoffs this season if they don't get bogged down with any major injuries to any key players.

If only they could figure out a way to get rid of Dmitri Young, who seems no longer able to play successfully at this level. But at least Higginson, Pena and Johnson are gone... they were all losers.
  • Options
    bri2327bri2327 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭

<< <i>Because every thread on here seems to involve the Yankees, so I thought I would continue with the MO!!!! >>

Every thread contains something Yankees because JACKA$$E$ like you have to include them in your every thoughts. Go check all the Yankee threads and see how many are started by fans, and how many by haters and come back and talk when you have a clue ya nitwit.

For the record, yankee fans could care less about criticism, it is part of the game, and part of life. The point you little boys cant get through your empty heads is that there is no reason to have them on your brains so often. It isnt pertinent to the discussion of your team, so why include it ?

Another thing to go on record....I am very glad to see the Tigers doing so well, its been a long time coming for them and more so for the fans. They deserve a good year, and I hope it continues for them.

"The other teams could make trouble for us if they win."
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>Why can't we stick to the thread topics and cut out the bickering that ruins them...

Everyone here is entitled to their own opinion, regardless of whether you think it or the person who post it is idiotic or anything else.

As a lifelong Tiger fan, I am extremely happy with the way they are playing at the moment. I figured they would have a shot at second place this season and that looks like a distinct possibility at this point. Perhaps they could win enough games to qualify as the wildcard, as I doubt they will be able to win the division, but I do think the Tigers could find themselves in the playoffs this season if they don't get bogged down with any major injuries to any key players.

If only they could figure out a way to get rid of Dmitri Young, who seems no longer able to play successfully at this level. But at least Higginson, Pena and Johnson are gone... they were all losers. >>

Thank God Higginson's 10 mil a year contract finally ran out. That deal just hamstrung the team for the last four years or so. And a big THANK YOU to Juan Gone for turning down 7 years at 17.5 per. Can you even imagine if they still had that contract on the books?

Re: The Tigers vs. the White Sox pitching. The White Sox are clearly superior, but it's not as cut and dried as it seems. McCarthy is off to a bad start, Vasquez can be spotty and Jenks looks totally lost. The edge still goes to the WS for starters, but the Tigers may have a better bullpen... Anyway, it could be an interesting summer. And don't forget about the Indians. They may not be off to a fantastic start, but that's still a very good team 1-9.

Like HCHF said, though, the real pleasure here is in not having a team that's 20 games out or whatever by Memorial Day. It looks like they could be playing meaningful baseball in August, which is all I really hope for at this point. Although if they get to the post season the world is going to finally see that Detroit, above all else, is a baseball town. This place will just be bedlam (kind of like Edmonton right now).
  • Options
    Boo, good points all around. I remember how big it was when the Tigers were doing well in the mid 80's. Its nice to see for the team and fans. Im glad you all have something to look forward to this summer. image
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options

<< <i>
    For the record, yankee fans could care less about criticism, it is part of the game, and part of life. >>

For the 1000th time, it's 'couldn't care less', unless, of course, you meant they could care less, which means, in turn, they care.

• Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    Axhole gives an English lesson after his use of the word "invariably" HAHAHA

I am also happy to see the Tigers competitive, along with the Blue Jays and Reds. It will be fun to watch the season pan out.
  • Options
    yankeeno,

I admitted I used the word improperly. Please, (please!) tell me you think the correct use of the term is 'we could care less'?

• Options
    If one is critical of the Yankees, a Yankee fan attacks one's intellect. I am sure, before my days on this board are done, I will hear I am a cyber thug, living in my parent's basement, with no job or education. I am also a fan of the Lions, bash me for that, I do not care, hell, I may even agree with you. I am a fan of Joey Harrington, I think he got screwed, bash me for that. OMG, the Red Wings lost, oh jeez, oh no, so they lost, you cannot win them all, as a Yankee fan should know......regardless of whether you should or not. Bash me for loving my Red Wings hockey. But, do NOT call the Red Wings, the Yankees of hockey, because there are huge differences between the two teams. One owner is total class, one organization is total class, and one team is probably the most professional, regardless of winning or losing. Players want to play on the Wings, because they love the city and the organization, and do not come to the team, because they are overpaid to put on the crest. If a team in Detroit loses, they lost as a TEAM, if the Yankees lose a game, the blames goes to this guy or that guy. Perhaps I should sit here and blame Rasheed Wallace for the Pistons not winning the title last year, he should have guarded Horry better on that 3 pointer. People like myself, are called, "Yankee haters," because people like myself are so sick with hearing the same thing, everyday, all year long. If any team is constantly overhyped, it is the Yankees. So they won a few championships in the 90s, and here we are, 6+ years into the 2000s, and Yankee fans are still living in past glories, and most of us who are not willing to hold the Yankees dearly, get bashed because we just point out the FACT, that the Yankees have yearly all-stars on the team, and still struggle. OK, I was not alive in 1968, but I am going to live in the World Series glory for the Tigers, because we came back from a 3-1 deficit. I am also going to live in the 1984 Tigers glory, the 1989 and 1990 and 2004 Pistons glory, the 3 Wings cups in the past decade along with their storied history, the Michigan Wolverines 1989 basketball glory, the 1997 Michigan football glory, I hate MSU, but I will live in their glories, oh yeah, and the Lions made it one game away from the Super Bowl a few years back, not to mention their 1950s glory, I am going to live in that perhaps. But bash me for it, because it does NOT pertain to the Yankees. OH, AND BY THE WAY, JACK MORRIS IS A HALL OF FAMER!!!
  • Options

<< <i>yankeeno,

I admitted I used the word improperly. Please, (please!) tell me you think the correct use of the term is 'we could care less'? >>

yes, I said it wrong....late at night.........typical that you cant actually come up with a decent response so you have to attack grammar.
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    You feel like this but yet it seems you feel it is wrong for a Yankees fan to be just that...a Yankees fan. Odd.....

If you are talking of insults that go on this board, I would suggest reading through the past threads. You may be enlightened of mutual mud-slinging, especially the threads prior to the season starting.

So please, enlighten yourself.
  • Options
    I bash the Yankees, but I have never bashed a Yankee fan's intellect. People only go that route, when they know the basher is correct, and have no other educated response, goes along the same lines as momma jokes. I have said numerous times, the Yankees are overhyped, players are overpaid, and there are professional sports outside New York. Imagine the travesty of justice, should the World Series be between Detroit and Cincy, it would be a classic match up of two of the longest tenured teams in baseball, but would probably be the lowest rated series of all time, because there is not a New York entry. And I can also probably bet, if there is a Yankees/Tigers playoff series, there will be many suspect calls by umps, perhaps close to the same calls in this year's Super Bowl, and yes, Mike Holmgren still has a right to bltch. The fact is, the Tigers are doing well, doing better than the Yankees, and I am sick of only seeing 10 second highlights in a 60 minute Sportscenter, in between 45 minutes of Yankee/Mets/Knicks/BoSox/Bonds talk. Thus far, the stories in baseball should be about the Tigers and Reds, not about how Georgie Poo is unhappy with the team's performance. Yankee fans, it is time to get out of the 90s, even then, nobody cared about the Yankees!!!!!!!!
  • Options

<< <i>I bash the Yankees, but I have never bashed a Yankee fan's intellect. People only go that route, when they know the basher is correct, and have no other educated response, goes along the same lines as momma jokes. I have said numerous times, the Yankees are overhyped, players are overpaid, and there are professional sports outside New York. Imagine the travesty of justice, should the World Series be between Detroit and Cincy, it would be a classic match up of two of the longest tenured teams in baseball, but would probably be the lowest rated series of all time, because there is not a New York entry. And I can also probably bet, if there is a Yankees/Tigers playoff series, there will be many suspect calls by umps, perhaps close to the same calls in this year's Super Bowl, and yes, Mike Holmgren still has a right to bltch. The fact is, the Tigers are doing well, doing better than the Yankees, and I am sick of only seeing 10 second highlights in a 60 minute Sportscenter, in between 45 minutes of Yankee/Mets/Knicks/BoSox/Bonds talk. Thus far, the stories in baseball should be about the Tigers and Reds, not about how Georgie Poo is unhappy with the team's performance. Yankee fans, it is time to get out of the 90s, even then, nobody cared about the Yankees!!!!!!!! >>

Blah Blah blah, whine, whine, whine, cry, cry, cry, boo hoo hoo image
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options
    Boy, it didn't take long for this crack pot to end up on top of a soap box.

hey numb nuts, read the past threads and you will discover how wrong your little synopsis of this forum is.

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options

<< <i>Boy, it didn't take long for this crack pot to end up on top of a soap box.

hey numb nuts, read the past threads and you will discover how wrong your little synopsis of this forum is. >>

Read what, the fact that if there is a negative reply to anything Yankee related, their fans get so defensive, then go on with the name calling and questioning of one's intellect!!!
  • Options
    no , how about there are ONLY negative things to say about the Yankees and when a Yankee fan RARELY does try and start a positive thread it is hyjacked and turned into more Yankee bashing. Thats what happens here Tony the Tiger ....

by the way, there are ALOT of things the board idiot Axtell says that makes it perfectly logical to attack his intellect. image

• Options

<< <i>no , how about there are ONLY negative things to say about the Yankees and when a Yankee fan RARELY does try and start a positive thread it is hyjacked and turned into more Yankee bashing. Thats what happens here Tony the Tiger .... >>

Perhaps that would be because, like ESPN, everything in a postive Yankee nature has to be reported on blow by blow, and with the exception of Chris Shelton, nothing positive out of the Tigers is mentioned. Do not say that I am not around to see it, because I watch ESPN EVERYday, catch Sportscenter almost everyday, and I rarely see anything other than a 10 second highlight, if it is even that long!!!!

And by the way, it is spelled "hijacked," so before you question my intellect, check your own!!!! They did teach us stupid Michiganders spelling in school!!!!
  • Options

<< <i>no , how about there are ONLY negative things to say about the Yankees and when a Yankee fan RARELY does try and start a positive thread it is hyjacked and turned into more Yankee bashing. Thats what happens here Tony the Tiger ....

by the way, there are ALOT of things the board idiot Axtell says that makes it perfectly logical to attack his intellect. image >>

Why does the intellect of Axtell need to be questioned, he has legitimate beefs with the national sports reports, as much as I do. It is not all about the Yankees. I started this thread and he saw my point that I was not bashing the Yankees, only saw how it is true, that reports about the Tigers fall to the garbage, because something Yankee related is seemingly, more important to report. Axtell hates Bonds, I do not care for the man, but I think what he has done in his career is wonderful. As I have also said before, I will bash Bonds like everyone else, when I see a failed drug test, witnessed by a notary public, with two forms of ID. Axtell may be a little more cynical about things than I am, but on some subjects, he is right on. OK, now I am sure to see replies to this post about how I am all on his jock too, just like I am hanging from the jock of Jack Morris too!!!!!
  • Options
    Prof Axhole and his attempt and teaching english yesterday got slapped down, so what does the resident creep do? First chance he gets to correct someone he does. Typical, very typical.

So how about them Yankees? great comeback last night huh?

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Why can't we stick to the thread topics and cut out the bickering that ruins them...

one word.

AXHOLE

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    WP, you are a big crying baby. He mentioned the yankees overtaking the national media away from the tigers

Hey dopey he did not mention anything of the sort.

go back and re read what he said............wait I will copy it for you.

Nobody even notices they are tied for the best record in baseball, considering the great season the Yankees are having thus far

so prof. axhole where exactly did he mention national media?

I know I do not have your ability to read minds but nowhere does he mention espn, national media etc etc etc. I think the guys are right you are delusional.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    I may not have mentioned the national media thing, but Axtell did nail it right down.

"Nobody even notices they are tied for the best record in baseball, considering the great season the Yankees are having thus far," that is what I said, only certain people can detect any form of sarcasm!!!!
  • Options
    Hey you can kiss his arse over there --------------->

now for what it is worth I noticed it .............I read the papers.

Please do not speak for everyone. How can you say nobody noticed it?

You mean nobody here?

then if that is the case then you are now switching gears.

I think you are one of prof idiots personalities.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>I may not have mentioned the national media thing, but Axtell did nail it right down.

"Nobody even notices they are tied for the best record in baseball, considering the great season the Yankees are having thus far," that is what I said, only certain people can detect any form of sarcasm!!!! >>

Ive noticed it....I HAVE NOTICED how good the Tigers are doing.....but when I actually gave them credit on here for how well they were doing you spun it around and said the only reason I said it was so that the YAnkees can have an easier time in the playoffs should they meet. So dont say nobody notices. People notice, you are just too blind in your hatred to listen and absorb when people give the Tigers credit. You just turn it around and pretend it was said in a negative light. ITs much easier for your tiny brain to believe we are all evil here than to think we actually have some sense of rational as well as class and decency to commend a team when doing well.
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭
    Being a Tiger Lifer since the 50s I have seen the many ups and downs this Franchise has gone through.These are not the 68 or 84 Tigers but they are definetly a team on the rise with a good mix of young and Veteran talent that still have some productive years left and also a good farm system with top promising youngsters.I do not understand why the baseball world is so shocked by thier early success.Thier young Pitchers Bonderman,Maroth and Roberston have finally become pitchers after 3 years of on the job training with none of these 3 having much minor league seasoning.Reminds me of the 50s when the Tigers struggled with a Young Jim Bunning,Frank Lary then in 61 they led the Tigers to 103 Victories.The 60s had McClain,Lolich and Sparma struggling early on then in 68 became world champs.The 70s were a disaster till guys like Morris,Petry came along in the late 70s then became dominate in the 80s and won again in 84.My belief is that they are overall strong team with playoff possibilities.I do believe however they are in need of a solid lefthanded bat that can knock in runs.If they indeed stay in contention acquiring a veteran starting pitcher is a must preferably one thats been in pennant races.
    WIN OR LOSE THESE ARE MY TIGERS.

I do not mention such youngsters as Zumya and Verlander because at this stage of thier career we need to see what happens once the league gets a good look at these two however eventually they will become top shelf hurlers if not this year but soon.
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>Boo, good points all around. I remember how big it was when the Tigers were doing well in the mid 80's. Its nice to see for the team and fans. Im glad you all have something to look forward to this summer. image >>

LOL! Well, at least through June image. We'll see how the season shapes up, but like you said it is a refreshing change for Tigers fans.
  • Options
    Why does the intellect of Axtell need to be questioned,

LOL why? you don't know? have you read what he has said here?

I suggest you read some threads, then come back

Simply put it is questioned cuz he is an idiot.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Tigers won again, another great pitching performance by a Tiger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I see Axtell make valid points, sometimes they are more cynical than most, but then it is you people who start with the name calling, and I see him proving many of you wrong. One thing I find on these boards, it is so easy to get you people plssed off, one comment and you are ready to whine like a 4 year old girl. It is too easy!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    it is you people who start with the name calling,

Really?

I can assure you that he started with the name calling first . you happen upon the scene and think you no it all?

proving who wrong? You are in a dream world fellow.

You must be an alt id of his so I won;t waste any more of my time.

Steve

Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>Tigers won again, another great pitching performance by a Tiger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I see Axtell make valid points, sometimes they are more cynical than most, but then it is you people who start with the name calling, and I see him proving many of you wrong. >>

image I bet you have lollipop trees and gum drop bushes right outside your gingerbread door huh big fella?

• Options
    I may be new on the scenes on these boards, but I have seen these boards for well over a year, and not too much changes. I see people on these boards, whine about how they do not get the grades on their cards they want, yet, when someone resubs a card for a grade boost, you people question the manner in which that person does it, regardless of whether it is ethical or not. If someone has a PSA 10 card up for auction or whereever, jealousy sets in you people, and then you try to trash said card, but if it was your card, your sub, and you only got a 9, you are ready to crack and resubmit as many times as needed. You all bash Barry Bonds, and the way the man conducted his business, as if he is the ONLY one who may have done things via cheating, but I bet most of you people made some money off his cards' exploding value. You all hate Barry Bonds, not because he may have taken roids, you hate him because he is not ready to bow down and kiss your colon hole. You Yankee lovers get so defensive like whiny girls, when someone points out a valid negative point about the Yankees, I do not care what the Yankees did in the 90s, it is now 2006, they are overrated, overpaid, and just your everyday, playoff contender who blows the big games. Everyone thinks every player on the Yankees is a HOFer, some are, but most have typical stats, comparable to many other players on other teams, who are not even thought of as even a possibility. If, and make sure you see the key word, IF, Barry Bonds goes to the A.L. next year, and the Yankees can perhaps sign him, any question to his HOF status would not be in question any longer, you all want *s on his records, well, Giambi's MVP season should have one. What are you going to do, bash me because I do not know anything about baseball, because I am more of a hockey fan? Bash the Red Wings, only because I am a fan of that team, I am content now that they won 3 cups in 10 years, but I do not have to live in the past to feel great about what the future holds, the Wings can go another 40 years without a cup win, and I will be happy to know I have seen them win in my time. People do not necessarily hate the Yankees as you all think, people just get annoyed and bored out of their minds, that networks and Yankee fans, tend to think they are the only team in baseball. If the Yankees were so great as people say, they would have beaten Arizona when the whole world was pulling for them, and they would have beaten Florida a couple of years ago, because let's face it, Florida was NOT a great team, they just made the plays when they counted. The Yankees would have also won the series against Boston, leading by 3-1, but they blew that, great teams do NOT blow leads like that. This thread started, because I wanted to point out, that under the radar, the Tigers were tied for first, but it is hardly noticed, because the Yankees still gander the spotlight, and it tends to bore people out of their minds. If I am constipated, I will read about what is up with the Yankees, it usually does the trick. When someone says something about the Yankees, whether it is a bashing or not, as was said in the first line in this thread, you defensive school girl Yankee fans start crying like teenage girls in the presense of a boy band singer. It is so easy, it is easy to get a rise out of some of you, without even trying, that is what cracks me up, you people take a font on the internet seriously!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    A761506A761506 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭
    STOP THE BICKERING PLEASE - IT IS RIDICULOUS & IMMATURE

THIS IS A DETROIT TIGERS THREAD - LETS KEEP IT THAT WAY FOR A WHILE. Please stop bashing each other on here.

It has been almost 20 years since the Tigers have been notable enough to get a good chat going about them... take the Yankee talk to a different thread, there are appropriate threads for the Bonds bashing or supporting... stick to the Tigers...

... who beat one of the toughest pitchers in baseball (Santana) tonight. They are playing awesome, Verlander was incredible tonight considering he didn't get a single out via the strike out. It's too bad the White Sox won tonight too... but we're really starting to put some distance between 3rd place and beyond.

Really looking forward to going to the Reds game on Saturday... should be exciting baseball.

I agree fiveniner... if they're in legitimate contention near the trade deadline, it would be suprising if they didn't make a deal to pick up another veteran pitcher with some post-season experience - I could see them going after a guy like Jamie Moyer, or if the Dodgers aren't in it, Derek Lowe would be logical also.

Go Tigers!
  • Options
    It would be wonderful to see the Tigers get one more veteran pitcher, I just hope, if they do something to that degree, I hope it does not turn out to be another Doyle Alexander deal, I would have loved to see John Smoltz stay home!!!!
  • Options

<< <i>Why can't we stick to the thread topics and cut out the bickering that ruins them...

one word.

AXHOLE

Steve >>

Hey WP-

An argument takes 2 willing participants, ya dope. It's quite funny to see you get so riled up when someone dares to question the 'mighty' yankees. I thought you were a mets fan, or are you riding whichever bandwagon is most popular?

• Options
    An argument takes 2 willing participants, ya dope. It's quite funny to see you get so riled up when someone dares to question the 'mighty' yankees. I thought you were a mets fan, or are you riding whichever bandwagon is most popular?

Don't think.

I find it odd that you would reply here to my post well after it was said yet did not reply there as it was posted while you were on.

Text

You asked a question and I answered it.

Steve

Go Tigers!
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Thursday May 18, 2006 12:20 AM (NEW!)

I may be new on the scenes on these boards, but I have seen these boards for well over a year, and not too much changes. I see people on these boards, whine about how they do not get the grades on their cards they want, yet, when someone resubs a card for a grade boost, you people question the manner in which that person does it, regardless of whether it is ethical or not. If someone has a PSA 10 card up for auction or whereever, jealousy sets in you people, and then you try to trash said card, but if it was your card, your sub, and you only got a 9, you are ready to crack and resubmit as many times as needed. You all bash Barry Bonds, and the way the man conducted his business, as if he is the ONLY one who may have done things via cheating, but I bet most of you people made some money off his cards' exploding value. You all hate Barry Bonds, not because he may have taken roids, you hate him because he is not ready to bow down and kiss your colon hole. You Yankee lovers get so defensive like whiny girls, when someone points out a valid negative point about the Yankees, I do not care what the Yankees did in the 90s, it is now 2006, they are overrated, overpaid, and just your everyday, playoff contender who blows the big games. Everyone thinks every player on the Yankees is a HOFer, some are, but most have typical stats, comparable to many other players on other teams, who are not even thought of as even a possibility. If, and make sure you see the key word, IF, Barry Bonds goes to the A.L. next year, and the Yankees can perhaps sign him, any question to his HOF status would not be in question any longer, you all want *s on his records, well, Giambi's MVP season should have one. What are you going to do, bash me because I do not know anything about baseball, because I am more of a hockey fan? Bash the Red Wings, only because I am a fan of that team, I am content now that they won 3 cups in 10 years, but I do not have to live in the past to feel great about what the future holds, the Wings can go another 40 years without a cup win, and I will be happy to know I have seen them win in my time. People do not necessarily hate the Yankees as you all think, people just get annoyed and bored out of their minds, that networks and Yankee fans, tend to think they are the only team in baseball. If the Yankees were so great as people say, they would have beaten Arizona when the whole world was pulling for them, and they would have beaten Florida a couple of years ago, because let's face it, Florida was NOT a great team, they just made the plays when they counted. The Yankees would have also won the series against Boston, leading by 3-1, but they blew that, great teams do NOT blow leads like that. This thread started, because I wanted to point out, that under the radar, the Tigers were tied for first, but it is hardly noticed, because the Yankees still gander the spotlight, and it tends to bore people out of their minds. If I am constipated, I will read about what is up with the Yankees, it usually does the trick. When someone says something about the Yankees, whether it is a bashing or not, as was said in the first line in this thread, you defensive school girl Yankee fans start crying like teenage girls in the presense of a boy band singer. It is so easy, it is easy to get a rise out of some of you, without even trying, that is what cracks me up, you people take a font on the internet seriously!!!!!!!!!

This is a tigers thread yet you managed to remark about the yankees 27 times!

get a grip.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    By the way, how the eff you see kay does hardcore come up with the STUPID notion that nobody notices the Tigers START because of a "great season the Yankees are having thus far" ???????????????????????????

huh? great season? whaaaaat????

I just love the way so many just MAKE $HIT up to either ENHANCE a phony baloney arguement or START a phony baloney arguement.

• Options
    I particularly love when people come out of the woodwork and hollar about all the bickering and immaturity, claiming its a Tigers thread and to keep it that way, yet if they read they would comprehend that the Yankees fans arent the one who turned the table on this thread.

All I have seen is Yankee fans remark that the Tigers are doing well, and it is good to see for the team and the city. Everything else that was supposedly " hijacked " began with Tiger fans or Yankee haters who couldnt help but talk about the Yankees.
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭

Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)