Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

COMPUCHEAP.....

Just curious...... I think I'll be bidding on some lincolns on eBay all being sold under the heading "compucheap". I did a little research of their history and they have a great record. Their records indicate tons of sales only....no buys that I saw.
Has anyone here bought from them? Who are they?
Thanks......

Comments

• Options
    BlindedByEgoBlindedByEgo Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They aren't that good image
  • Options
    mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
    Where's Russ when you need him?
    coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section
  • Options
    poorguypoorguy Posts: 4,317
    Good Guy. image
    Brandon Kelley - ANA - 972.746.9193 - http://www.bestofyesterdaycollectibles.com
  • Options
    HyperionHyperion Posts: 7,438 ✭✭✭
    why would you buy a high end coin from what sounds like a 3rd party PC reseller?
  • Options
    TassaTassa Posts: 2,373 ✭✭
  • Options
    ca0100000ca0100000 Posts: 362 ✭✭
    I thought I was fresh meat...image

• Options
    flaminioflaminio Posts: 5,664 ✭✭✭
    RUN AWAY!!!!

(edit: j/k image ).
  • Options
    krankykranky Posts: 8,709 ✭✭✭
    Maybe we shouldn't tease newer members who might misunderstand tongue-in-cheek posts.

If you've ever seen posts here from Russ (and if you've been here a couple months, you probably have), that's who Compucheap is.

New collectors, please educate yourself before spending money on coins; there are people who believe that using numismatic knowledge to rip the naïve is what this hobby is all about.

• Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is Compucheap really the offshore Retail Sales Division of ACG?

Dave
    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    Man, this is a tough crowd. image

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    JadeRareCoinJadeRareCoin Posts: 2,768
    I think that bikenut is Russ' newest alt ID, just trying to get some traffic to his auctions.

www.jaderarecoin.com - Updated 6/8/06. Many new coins added!

Our eBay auctions - TRUE auctions: start at $0.01, no reserve, 30 day unconditional return privilege & free shipping!
  • Options
    GemineyeGemineye Posts: 5,374
    image..............Watch out for those accented hair type coins.......!!!!.......save your receipts.........!!!!!!!!
    ......Larry........image
  • Options
    ColonialCoinUnionColonialCoinUnion Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭
    Since no one else said it directly Compucheap = Russ = trustworthy guy. Go ahead and bid with the confidence of a young stallion.
  • Options
    BlindedByEgoBlindedByEgo Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Since no one else said it directly Compucheap = Russ = trustworthy guy. Go ahead and bid with the confidence of a young stallion. >>

• Options
    JrGMan2004JrGMan2004 Posts: 7,557
    He's a bit of a jerk and a rear-end hole, especially when you send him a message in the morning with "Good Morning Sunshine"... but otherwise, he's a good and honest business man... I would gladly buy from him if I saw something I liked...
    -George
    42/92
  • Options
    XpipedreamRXpipedreamR Posts: 8,059 ✭✭
    I like that he includes fancy chocolates if you bid high enough, and seals each envelope with a kiss image
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,987 ✭✭✭✭✭
    his motto is

RIPS-R-RUSS image
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    Don't be raising expectations, Xpipe. That's only for you.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    i suppose you could compute that he's really cheap
  • Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,760 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>If you've ever seen posts here from Russ (and if you've been here a couple months, you probably have)... >>

A couple of months? How about a couple of minutes! Russ has nearly 46,000 posts. You don't get a post count like that as a lurker. image

Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • Options
    RickMilauskasRickMilauskas Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭
    Doesn't Compucheap give a free autographed photo with each purchase??
  • Options
    PhillyJoePhillyJoe Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭✭
    There are 2 mega dealers that operate in metropolitan Kent, WA.

Compucheap is a great source; the other dealer also works out of Compucheap's corporate offices and goes by "Consign4Sale".

Can't go wrong with either one.image

Joe
    The Philadelphia Mint: making coins since 1792. We make money by making money. Now in our 225th year thanks to no competition. image
  • Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,760 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i> Doesn't Compucheap give a free autographed photo with each purchase?? >>

The photo's aren't free, but they are nice when framed.

Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • Options
    RYKRYK Posts: 35,788 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Their records indicate tons of sales only....no buys that I saw.

Like many ebay sellers, he probably has one (or more) separate buying accounts.

Russ is THE BOMB. Bid with confidence.
  • Options
    StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    << Since no one else said it directly Compucheap = Russ = trustworthy guy. Go ahead and bid with the confidence of a young stallion. >>

Okay, I'm not sure about the young stallion part, but otherwise I agree. I have bought a few items from him under my super-secret ebay id and he probably has no idea. I was quite happy with him. The boxes are a little hard to open though. Which is a good thing.

Cathy

• Options
    mtnmanmtnman Posts: 566 ✭✭✭
    Good guy to buy from. I have gotten my coins fast, but I'm still waiting on my picture.image
  • Options
    fcfc Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭
    i would buy from russ. his pics are solid and he is trusted
    by the majority here on the forums.

but remember it is an auction. not a viewing service.
    bid responsibly.
  • Options
    eyoung429eyoung429 Posts: 6,374

<< <i>

<< <i> Doesn't Compucheap give a free autographed photo with each purchase?? >>

The photo's aren't free, but they are nice when framed. >>

At least he doesn't carry a rubber chicken!!!
    This is a very dumb ass thread. - Laura Sperber - Tuesday January 09, 2007 11:16 AM image

Hell, I don't need to exercise.....I get enough just pushing my luck.
  • Options

<< <i>likes young stallions... >>

Yeah, that's what I heard too! image

lol

PS Nah, Russ is a good guy, ...probably a serial killer, but a good guy... Too bad he's a liberal. image

~g image
    I listen to your voice like it was music, [ y o u ' r e ] the song I want to know.

I'd give you the world, just because...

Speak to me of loved ones, favorite places and things, loves lost and gained, tears shed for joy and sorrow, of when I see the sparkle in your eye ...
    and the blackness when the dream dies, of lovers, fools, adventurers and kings while I sip my wine and contemplate the Chi.
  • Options
    streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Denis

Never a problem. As responsible as it gets.
    Have a nice day
  • Options
    MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    If you buy enough coins they throw in a slabcaddy!! At one time they threw in SlutCaddys but he got a job at a grading company in Denver!!image
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• Options
    Recently bought some modern comemms from compucheap. Good seller.

What do you think, Mr. Bigglesworth?
  • Options
    coinguy1coinguy1 Posts: 13,485
    Compucheap/Russ is the best of sellers. You can bid with complete confidence in his images, descriptions, honesty, efficiency, communications and shipping.
  • Options
    bushmaster8bushmaster8 Posts: 5,616
    Watch it MadMarty.. Cammie's sense of humor has been completely sucked dry by ICG!

(Although it is kind of humorous the way he jumps up to defend anyone who so much as makes a tiny negative peep about ICG!) image
    "Wars are really ugly! They're dirty
    and they're cold.
    I don't want nobody to shoot me in the foxhole."
    Mary

Best Franklin Website
  • Options
    FatManFatMan Posts: 8,977
    Nice Alt Russ.image

But in the one out of a hundred chance that bikenut is not an alt and this is a legitimate question, you can bid with no hesitation on compucheap listings. Russ may be a butt, but he is an honest one.image
  • Options
    JrGMan2004JrGMan2004 Posts: 7,557

<< <i>Compucheap/Russ is the best of sellers. You can bid with complete confidence in his images, descriptions, honesty, efficiency, communications and shipping. >>

Now that there is about the highest praise you can recieve on this forum!

HURRY RUSS!!! Copy it and add a testimonials section in your listings before he edits it out!!!
    -George
    42/92
  • Options
    LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭
    As much as I wanna bash my Russel, he is a very honest and straight shooter...

highly recommend.... even if he is a dreaded hairyhead lover....

he can be brutely honest, and thats one of many reasons why i love that hepcat....
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • Options
    MadMonkMadMonk Posts: 3,743
    He's a reclusive genius who rarely ventures outdoors. They say you can hear his eerie call on the darkest nights:

"Got any AH Kennedy Halves?"image
    Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground.
  • Options
    TorinoCobra71TorinoCobra71 Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭
    You can buy from Russ with confidence. I have done so a few times. He is TorinoCobra Approved™ and I would wager that he is HepKitty Approved™ too! imageimageimage

TorinoCobra71

• Options
    I think I've got my answer. I've followed the boards here for more than a year but I never saw mention of Russ.....Compucheap.....eBay.....all in one thread.
    And NO....I am no ALT. I can honestly say I know only one board member personally because we attend the same shows in the northeast. I do not know any other member.
    I hope to bid strong next week on some of his Redrowns. I keep getting overbid on Reds lately and like everyone else, I hate to lose so I'll......
    Just change games.
    Denis
  • Options
    krankykranky Posts: 8,709 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I hope to bid strong next week on some of his Redrowns. >>

I'm sure you just made his day! image

New collectors, please educate yourself before spending money on coins; there are people who believe that using numismatic knowledge to rip the naïve is what this hobby is all about.

• Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,472 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I hope to bid strong next week on some of his Redrowns. >>

You and everybody else! His auctions have a certain ---popularity! Heck, with my track record I could make more money sending my stuff to him to auction out! image
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    RBinTexRBinTex Posts: 4,328
    Who? imageimage

Good as gold.
  • Options
    lavalava Posts: 3,286 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Is Compucheap really the offshore Retail Sales Division of ACG?

Dave >>

That's a low blow.
    I brake for ear bars.
  • Options
    originalisbestoriginalisbest Posts: 5,914 ✭✭✭✭
    Russ is as solid and trustworthy as they come, not to mention helpful with sound advice when approached for it. image
  • Options
    100proof1957100proof1957 Posts: 6,231
    Who is this " Russ" you all speak of ?
  • Options
    librtyheadlibrtyhead Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭
    imageyahooooooooimagefree advertisment!imageimage Where are you in the Northeast?
  • Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭
    SPAM
  • Options
    INXSINXS Posts: 1,202
    Gee someone should post one of those before and after pics, then the person can see who they are buying from.image
    "Well here's another nice mess you have gotten me into" Oliver Hardy 1930

BST successful dealings with:MsMorrisine, goldman86
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've won several of Russ' auctions and have received the coin very fast each time.

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file