Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Check out the high bidders feedback on this auction!

BigEBigE Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭
Do you think somethings going on?NA:US:11&Item=8410839220">Text Thanks-----BigE
I'm glad I am a Tree

Comments

  • Options
    fcfc Posts: 12,805 ✭✭✭
    i imagine you can tell that the link is broken.
    please try again?
  • Options
    BigEBigE Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭
    Here, I fixed it, TRY AGAIN---BigE
    I'm glad I am a Tree
  • Options
    pharmerpharmer Posts: 8,355 ✭
    Good eyes. Instances like this with Bobby just keep coming up. Coincidences abound.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

    Apropos of the coin posse/aka caca: "The longer he spoke of his honor, the tighter I held to my purse."

    image
  • Options
    fcfc Posts: 12,805 ✭✭✭
    we had a thread about this the other day.
    justgreatcoins goes to shows and lets other dealers view
    his coins in person.

    it would not surprise me at all, if that username was
    somehow connected to that setup/way of selling.

    strange, but not damning.
  • Options
    VamGuyVamGuy Posts: 1,624 ✭
    There's nothing at all strange about this. image


    Yeah, shows em' at coin shows, that's it...

    image
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,533 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can tell you that ebay doesn't think it is shill bidding.
  • Options
    flaminioflaminio Posts: 5,664 ✭✭✭


    << <i>There's nothing at all strange about this. image >>

    Hmm. Quacks like a duck. Has webbed feet. Waggles its tail. Funny beak.

    Definitely not a duck image.
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,514 ✭✭✭
    Bid in 143 auctions over the last 30 days and ONLY auctions from justgreatcoins. I'm sure this bidder must be one of those big dealers that good old Bobby shops his coins to at shows.

    Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    FatManFatMan Posts: 8,977 ✭
    Looks all good to me.imageimage
  • Options
    KaelasdadKaelasdad Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭
    I was thinking that if it was shill bidding, and I think it is, then what happens to the coins when the shill bid wins? the shill bid either allows him to salvage the coin and not sell for too low, or the shill bid costs him a sale because he got too greedy and went over a decent bid--either way, the coin should stay with the seller, right? I looked and those coins have not been resold by him--but maybe he offers 2nd chance in the instance when the greed bid got the best of him and took over a valid bid.

    Either way, this is one guy I would never buy a stick of gum from, much less a coin.
  • Options
    Great detective work and explanation. Wish we could inform all bidders to beware. image
    Satisfaction lies in the effort, not in the attainment. Full effort is full victory. -Gandhi
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,514 ✭✭✭


    << <i>I looked and those coins have not been resold by him >>



    Not on eBay, anyway. The smartest operators know better than to do that.

    Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    BigEBigE Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭
    Oh my? He got NARU'd--------------BigE
    I'm glad I am a Tree
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 13,278 ✭✭✭✭✭


    << <i>

    << <i>There's nothing at all strange about this. image >>

    Hmm. Quacks like a duck. Has webbed feet. Waggles its tail. Funny beak.

    Definitely not a duck image. >>



    It is somewhat disappointing that several dealers generally considered to be ethical think this activity is OK. Apparently Ebay saw it for what it is --- a form of reserve fee avoidance.
  • Options
    fcfc Posts: 12,805 ✭✭✭
    all i have to say is HEH.
    but then i bid the max i am willing to pay, shill bidding
    should not matter in the end. if i am outbid, so be it.
    but if i win for less then i bid, things went as planned.
    to assume you would have gotten it for cheaper in a
    perfect world.. well it aint a perfect world.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file