Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

You want to see where dated, quality gold coins are going?

LOOK at that prices realized on The Dr. Steve Duckor $10 Indians!!

MONSTER prices!!!!!!!!!!!...Multiple bidders on all of the better dates. This market ha serious collector demand. We are not done. image


Nice job, Steve. image
image

Comments

  • Options
    GOLDGUYGOLDGUY Posts: 253 ✭✭
    What the heck do you know? Were you actually THERE or something?
    Todd L. Imhof
    Partner / Executive VP
    Heritage Auctions
  • Options
    krankykranky Posts: 8,709 ✭✭✭
    I'll bet you both were there.

    It was nice chatting with you today, saintguru.

    New collectors, please educate yourself before spending money on coins; there are people who believe that using numismatic knowledge to rip the naïve is what this hobby is all about.

  • Options
    robertprrobertpr Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭
    OK, Laura





























    (I mean SaintGuru)
  • Options
    saintgurusaintguru Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭
    What the heck do you know? Were you actually THERE or something?

    UNBELIEVABLE!! Here are two schmucks who had nothing to do but post here after an auction and huge dinner at Morton's.

    Get a LIFE. Todd. image
    image
  • Options
    TheRavenTheRaven Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭✭
    I did not see that many $10 Indians today in Columbus as I expected.....

    Collection under construction: VG Barber Quarters & Halves
  • Options
    saintgurusaintguru Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭
    The Duckor collection that sold Friday night was all there was that you needed to see. Magnificent coins!
    image
  • Options
    GOLDGUYGOLDGUY Posts: 253 ✭✭
    Pound for pound, those Duckor prices blew away the then-impressive prices at Morse (last November). I walked away from the Morse Sale with a number of really great coins but got blown-out last night. I thought I was, again, armed with some fairly aggressive bids but I don't even think I was an underbidder last night.

    I tip my hat to the winning bidders and want to convey my most sincere congratulations to Steven Duckor -- a true connoisseur and friend. Cheers,

    Todd

    Todd L. Imhof
    Partner / Executive VP
    Heritage Auctions
  • Options
    fcfc Posts: 12,805 ✭✭✭
    did collectors even buy these pieces? or did they end up
    in the hands of well known dealers?

    could these coins next home be to a "I"nvestment type person?
  • Options
    FatManFatMan Posts: 8,977 ✭
    Dealers don't usually buy at these levels for inventory. These most likely already have a home. Whether collector, investor, collector/investor, fool with too much money, all of the above, etc. we will most likely never know.
  • Options
    saintgurusaintguru Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭
    These went to collector's allright! I personally knew three who bought coins, and the Sperb-lady in the front certainly wasn't buying for inventory.
    image
  • Options
    saintgurusaintguru Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭
    ttFriggin't
    image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file