Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

henderson rookie...psa 10

2»

Comments

• Options
    Larry, yeah, if a somebody with superior knowledge and grasp of a topic says something, I would tend to agree wtih it too, so good idea image

IF all you were saying that if Bonds had played at least 162 games once, then maybe he would have 2,000 hits, shouldn't you have at least checked that flawed logic with something that is easily measured? Your accuracy and validity aren't even in the universe wtih that statement.

Of course, based on the level of baseball analyzing, I'd like to hear what you come up wtih regarding that.

And yes, based on the 12 year primes Ted Williams and Mickey Mantle are the best two hitters post WWII. If one wants to totally ignore Bonds's enhancement deal, then he enters the discussion. Funny though as I thought Bonds cant' be considered the best, because it is easy for the greats to get 200 hits in a season and he never did that???? Didnt' some guru mention that somewhere? So he is now allowed in that discussion despite the lack of hits?

The fact is, total hits is a poor tool for player evaluation.

Williams and Mantle got on base at a MUCH superior clip than Mays, and especially Aaron. And they efficiently advanced runners toward home MUCH better than them as well. As a hitter, if you are that much ahead of others in those areas, then there really isn't an argument. On the one hand though, Mays and Aaron did make more OUTS than those two image
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    The conversation keeps changing but now I know we are looking at "12 year primes" because I guess the rest doesn't matter. Too bad for a guy like the Rocket who has more than 12 good years. Sorry Roger you are measured by your "12 year prime" so you and Doc Gooden are equal with Orel right behind you guys.

I can't wait for the next baseball "argument" with a friend. I am going to tell them to send you an email and get THE answer. Why argue? I have THE answer man. No more hall of fame arguments every year. Just ask the expert and he will share his indisputable knowledge. This is awesome. I am glad I found you. Thanks.

You know I sometimes have questions about how to raise my kids. There are some very difficult issues. Maybe you can give me THE correct answers to make it easier.

I feel enlightened. Thanks.