Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Bye bye my lovely Zars........( They are Back )

because I am sending you to PCGS tomorrow morning to be slabbed.

1894 Penny - AU50 MS63 BN
1892 3d - AU53 Scratch/Rim Nick
1894 3d - AU53 VF 30
1895 3d - AU58 Cleaned
1897 3d - MS60 AU 50
1897 2 Shill - AU50/3 ( prob 50 ) Altered Surface
1897 2 1/2 Shill AU55 XF 40

My grading skills are very amateurish at best so we will see what they are like when they come back.

The 2 & 2 1/2 Shillings are just starting to tone and are looking very attractive.

All the 3d's are in great nick. However although the reverse may be of MS quality most of the reserves have a little detraction on them.

Anyhow this is how I've graded them so we will see how I did in a few months. Only one real upside surprise but since I have received other slabbed ZARs I've been doing a lot of comparing so hopefully my Grading Skills are improving as these, my first submission, were dreadful. Anyhow, I'm happy with the Penny.

Comments

• Options
    image I'm sure your beloved will miss you as well. But it has to go and inherite it's rightful Title!
    Hopely it will write you loving letters while away.
  • Options
    Could someone please tell me what happens next ?

Will I receive an Email with the grades ?

I send the coins this morning so PCGS should have them at the end of next week, when could I expect to find out the grades ?

TIA
  • Options
    I’m interested in what happens myself. Was there a lot of paper work to fill out? I’ve never sent a coin to be graded. I’d like to know how the process works myself.
  • Options
    Madame - the paper work is easy, just follow the guidelines.

I just watched the submissions video again and I will receive an Email with my grades after the coins are graded.

I will then receive another Email when my coins are shipped.

I'm hoping to have my grades before the end of the month.

Maybe I overgraded my coins ( easy novice mistake ) but at least I posted them here.

I'm hoping for a few things:

1) All my coins are graded ( no rejections )

2) No EF quality coins

3) At least 1 ( if not 2 ) MS quality coins

Edit: There is also a submission check link on the home page.
  • Options
    how did you get the submission Video? I didn't see it on there site. Or it's something you receive after becoming a member.
    I hope your coins get grades that will make you happy.
  • Options
    I Found it!
  • Options
    Just received an Email that said that my coins have been received at PCGS. image
  • Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭✭
    I send the coins this morning so PCGS should have them at the end of next week, when could I expect to find out the grades ?

Well, it took twelve days for PCGS to receive them, an economy submission without TrueView should be ready by Beijing Olympics 2008. image
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,114 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>an economy submission without TrueView should be ready by Beijing Olympics 2008. >>

image but true.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
  • Options
    Whaaaaa - I just checked my submission on the home page and it says that Economy turnaround time is 60 days !!!!!

On the form it says 'approx 30 days' - now if their price for my submission was say 1000 Euro and I only paid them 500 Euros I'm sure that they wouldn't be happy.

They should employ more graders. The more graders there are the faster the submissions are processed, the happier customers will be, the more customers will go to PCGS ( especially if their T/A times are faster then NGC ) and eventually their margins would increase. Sounds like good business to me. Now - where are those extra graders !!!!

The 2008 Olympics is no joke. image
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    Hey, Bucko!! Learn to drink the Cool-Aid and be happy. image

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    Chill pill taken..........image
  • Options
    MacCrimmonMacCrimmon Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Whaaaaa - I just checked my submission on the home page and it says that Economy turnaround time is 60 days !!!!!

On the form it says 'approx 30 days' - now if their price for my submission was say 1000 Euro and I only paid them 500 Euros I'm sure that they wouldn't be happy.

They should employ more graders. The more graders there are the faster the submissions are processed, the happier customers will be, the more customers will go to PCGS ( especially if their T/A times are faster then NGC ) and eventually their margins would increase. Sounds like good business to me. Now - where are those extra graders !!!!

The 2008 Olympics is no joke. image >>

Extra graders??? The ones they already have are brutal enough!!!!image

Seriously, you might see them back about the end of July......that's 60 business days, BTW. Translated: 3 months not including "black-outs" which will consume probably another month......make that the end of August.image
  • Options
    PBRatPBRat Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭
    I just checked my submission on the home page and it says that Economy turnaround time is 60 days !!!!!

I think the Turnaround Times apply to US coins only.
  • Options
    Well I submitted my coins through World Economy so by rights when I look up my submission number it should mention the turnaround time for World Economy not US Economy.

Anyhow I can wait for the coins I just want to know what their grades are at this stage. I'll start complaining about delivery time after I know what grade the coins are. image
  • Options
    I see that economy turnaround time has been reduced to 55 days.
  • Options
    Bump