From the bay for a total of just under $157 ( including priority shipping !! ):

Comments

• Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    Not a bad grade!!

Oh, nice coin too...image

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    Listed at $250 BU at a gold price of $400 P/O in my World Coin book. image
  • Options
    Rickc300Rickc300 Posts: 876 ✭✭
    Very NICE! I have a soft spot for German coins, But in that condition even a non collector of Germany would be happy to have that one.
    Regards,
    Rick
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Freedom is a well armed lamb contesting that vote. Benjamin Franklin - 1779

1836 Capped Liberty
    dime. My oldest US
    detecting find so far.
    I dig almost every
    signal I get for the most
    part. Go figure...
  • Options
    Thanks Rick - lucky, as I don't usually collect German coins. image
  • Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭✭
    There must have been a hoard of these discovered, I often see them in MS66-67, even in 68. Wonderful coin and detail.
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    UdoUdo Posts: 984 ✭✭
    I just bought me a MS65 and I'm wondering how much difference a point makes on the coin image
    imageimage
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,114 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I just bought me a MS65 and I'm wondering how much difference a point makes on the coin >>

I personally can't tell the difference. I have an AU55 image

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    UdoUdo Posts: 984 ✭✭
    We have something in common, Don. image

Perhaps I should buy a 66 or a 67 so I can compare them, but then I would probably be disappointed if the difference is almost only in the price of the coin.

I just don't know! imageimageimage
    imageimage
  • Options
    PreussenPreussen Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭
    I bought 3 or 4 of these raw for $100 each a couple of years ago. I sent them to PCGS and all slabbed as MS66. They're very common, but nice image. - Preussen
    "Illegitimis non carborundum" -General Joseph Stilwell. See my auctions
  • Options
    DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭
    Because you shared this, I got inspired to buy one just like it. Mine was also for the same price in MS66. I like German history, I just did not know these existed. I would eventually like to get all three emperors in both 10 and 20 marks. Those big 5 mark silver coins are awesome as well! German coins are fun.
    "So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee
  • Options
    Those big 5 mark silver coins are awesome as well!

Gold rules !!!!! image