Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

i have purchased psa cards from dsl sportcards from

irvine, cal. any opinion on them as a dealer?

i've noticed the cards are weaker than other psas
i bought or had graded myself.

am i paranoid?
i ain't often right
but I've never been wrong
it seldom turns out the way
it does in the song
once in a while
you get shown the light
in the strangest of places
if you look at it right

Comments

• Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,094 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I"ve bought a ton of cards from them over the years and they're great! image I've also never noticed any problem with the cards and the corresponding grades image

Steve
  • Options
    DavalilloDavalillo Posts: 1,846 ✭✭
    You're paranoid. I have bought several hundred cards from the over the years--they are reliable and cards are what you would expect on balance for the grade.
  • Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭
    I have high cholesterolimage should I be paranoid?
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Options
    I likewise have bought several cards from them. I've found the grades to be accurate on the material they sell, and they are one of the few sources for several items I've been in the market for (Topps Giants, Kellogg's, etc.) of which I am grateful. I've bought some overgraded stuff before, but not from DSL. My only gripe with them is that they don't do PayPal, but they always deliver their product.
  • Options
    gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭
    I've never had a problem w/ DSL and have purchased over 50 cards from them. You find bargains at times because they don't accept paypal. They are the only dealer I will send a MO to.

Regards,

Greg M.
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg
  • Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭✭
    You are not paranoid. Far from it.
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options
    theczartheczar Posts: 1,590 ✭✭
    In my opinion no one puts up the volume of high quality material like DSL. No they do not take paypal, on the other hand after you have done business with them for a while you can settle your account up once a month without any bad feedback and THEY COMBINE SHIPPING. Who else will send you 20 cards for $8? I recently had an issue with them where they sent me the wrong card in my shipment. It took ten days for them to locate if, with a lot of dealers I would have been upset, but it seems they have a laid back approach for such a huge volume dealer and in the end all was good. Plus they always leave feedback, It is the same feedback, but they do leave it.

Do they get "favors" from PSA? Who knows, they are probably paying $4 or less for grading but in the end they are first rate.

• Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    DSL gets a bad rap. I have always found them to be accomodating and professional, and the cards they sent fit the mark.
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    DSL, is a first class E Bay seller, i've bought hundreds of cards from them with no problem.
  • Options
    gaspipe26gaspipe26 Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭
    I do that for $8 bucks too. DSL is top notch.
  • Options
    ledstersledsters Posts: 603 ✭✭
    I just completed a 3-card transaction with them and they were great. Will do business with them again.

Kevin
  • Options

If more dealers dealt items with the way DSL deals with them,
    There would be very very little negative feedback.

Always find Shane to be willing to bend on just about anything
    in reason and accomodates you on just about any situation!

I put them in the TOP 5 on ebay. for sportscards dealers anyway.

MY 2 cents worth!

Tony
    aka KalineFan
  • Options
    DaBigHurtDaBigHurt Posts: 1,066 ✭✭
    Dabighurt's bought cards from DSL before and never noticed any difference in grades because Dabighurt doesn't bother looking at his cards because even if Dabighurt disagreed with the grades or felt the grades were under or overgraded, it doesn't matter. Dabighurt just puts the cards in Dabighurts Set Registry and the GPA is the final word. Dabighurt doesn't question the expert graders at "the authority," PSA.

Neither should you. image

GO MARLINS! Home of the best fans in baseball!!
  • Options
    MiniMasterMiniMaster Posts: 505 ✭✭

Ditto to all the positive remarks on DSL. I've purchased scores of cards from this dealer and never had a problem. The fact that DSL provides such a variety of product, in large numbers, and consistant in quality puts DSL in the elite of eBay dealers.

• Options
    packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭
    you may buy 1 or 2 cards and get something that is overgraded but that can happen anywhere , I think overall you will be happy with the grades in the long run if you buy 10 or more. I have never been disappointed in there stuff and i think there is a much higher probability of getting an overgraded card from someone who is selective in their selling as opposed to someone who sells everything they send in for grading.
  • Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    Bought from them one time and was satisfied. Would do so again.

Stay classy,

Ron
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options
    ArnyVeeArnyVee Posts: 4,246
    I've bought many cards from DSL. Little annoying about not accepting PayPal, but very good cards and good service. You can combine shipping on all lots no matter how long it's been since the auctions ended! image
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * MAGIC MASTER #4/BASIC #3
    * PALMEIRO MASTER/BASIC #1
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    smallstockssmallstocks Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭✭
    I have won a million of their auctions and never knew that :;image

Do you have to notify them first?

Late 60's and early to mid 70's non-sports
  • Options
    theczartheczar Posts: 1,590 ✭✭
    small stocks,
    they send you a notice the day after each ebay win. when you are ready to pay just click the newest one and you are ready for payment.
  • Options
    DSL sends in tons of material and the percentage of "sliders" is greater only because of shear numbers. Again, because of shear numbers I would bet the screening process before submitting cannot be too discriminating. I have seen cards from DSL in PSA holders I wouldn't think off submitting. For a grading fee of a few bucks DSL is apparently willing to roll the dice.
    With the bulk grading discount I would guess they resumbit a high number of cards they feel could have grader higher until it's no longer profitable .
    I have received a fair share of overgraded cards from DSL but the good has far outweighed the bad. I haven't done too much business with them lately but no Paypal isn't a factor for me. I like the idea of a consolidated invoice and never minded sending them a check every month or so.
    Whoever said we wash away with the rain ?
  • Options
    WabittwaxWabittwax Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭
    DSL is top notch. I've waited up to 2 weeks to mail payment while bidding on their other stuff and they've never emailed once asking for payment. It's great to get good customer service.

As for the volume submitters, I heard that they are required to submit some ungodly amount every month to get the deal that they do. I heard that from a long time PSA dealer. He told me something in the neighborhood of 20,000 cards a month but I got the impression that it was a guesstimate and he didn't know the exact number, so don't quote me on it. He also said it was in the $2.50 range but who knows. That number is way out of just about everybody's league so if they can accomplish a number like that, then more power to them. I wish I could.
  • Options
    LWMMLWMM Posts: 471
    By that estimate, they would have to sell 600 a year just to break even (+ebay expenses, PSA S/H etc.)...
    Looking for Jonny Gomes cards, especially Triple Threads and printing plates. Will consider all cards, though. Got something? Contact me at c_u_l_1@yahoo.com
  • Options
    LWMMLWMM Posts: 471
    Come to think of it, however, would PSA really be able to GRADE 20k of his cards per month? If not, that would mean he would have tens of thousands of cards backordered there... As you said, the number seems not that accurate.
    Looking for Jonny Gomes cards, especially Triple Threads and printing plates. Will consider all cards, though. Got something? Contact me at c_u_l_1@yahoo.com
  • Options
    Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

I'll say 1/2 of my Master Set is DSL/4SC on my upgrades and all look fine to me.
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No problem with DSL. My only "complaint" is that their 1969's always seem to be shorter than most other '69s. I'm guessing they have a large vending stock they pull from to grade. The cards are fine (both PSA and SGC have authenticated them) but I prefer to avoid those because of the size differential.
  • Options
    Gemmint,
    I noticed the same thing when I was collecting 74s with Dsls cards.
    I agree that they have great customer service but I have noticed that a majority of their cards were alot smaller than the ones in my collection.Generally not a big deal, but a concern when they are consistently smaller.
  • Options
    1960toppsguy1960toppsguy Posts: 1,130 ✭✭
    as good as they come . . .
  • Options
    ok, i get it. i'm offically paranoid!

checking into bellevue even as we speak.
    i ain't often right
    but I've never been wrong
    it seldom turns out the way
    it does in the song
    once in a while
    you get shown the light
    in the strangest of places
    if you look at it right
  • Options
    detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭
    My complaint with DSL is they have too much good stinkin' stuff for auction. I'm constantly tempted to bid on some of their "lots" of PSA cards from sets which I'm not currently collecting. Well, technically I'm collecting all sets, but I think you get the point.
  • Options
    DSL is a great Ebay vendor. I have heard/read several comment about DSL receiving preferential grades. I find the complete opposite to be true. I have bought many cards from them that I felt were undergraded. I would suspect that the under/over graded cards even out in the end. The overwhelming majority of their cards are accurately graded.

Doug
    Looking for well centered 1958 topps baseball psa 8 and up. Also dying for a 70 Aaron All Star in PSA 9.
  • Options
    same here. I do wish Paypal was accepted!
    Eddie Murray, Will Clark and Darin Erstad collector, check my wantlists for what I need.
    http://www.clark22murray33.com
  • Options
    gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭

<< <i>DSL is a great Ebay vendor. I have heard/read several comment about DSL receiving preferential grades. I find the complete opposite to be true. I have bought many cards from them that I felt were undergraded. I would suspect that the under/over graded cards even out in the end. The overwhelming majority of their cards are accurately graded.

Doug >>

I agree w/ you. Everything I have bought from DSL has been accurately graded if not undergraded. 4SC is another story....

Regards,

Greg M.
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg
  • Options
    DSL Sportcards are first rate. They are a model of how it should be done. I don't understand why it's a question here.

Chris