Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Have you noticed any delivery delays for Coin World recently?

BarryBarry Posts: 10,100 ✭✭✭
I used to receive my Coin World on Thursdays like clockwork. For the last month or so, they've been very late. Anyone else?

Comments

• Options
    maddogalemaddogale Posts: 859 ✭✭
    Yep, like you I got mine on Thurs, now they make it on Friday, and even a Saturday on a time or two....image
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on; I don't do these things to other people, I require the same from them."
  • Options
    21Walker21Walker Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭
    With you guys........Thursday...Friday.......this week, no Saturday........Would you consider this old news???..........Eick
    If don't look like UNC, it probrably isn't UNC.....U.S. Coast Guard. Chief Petty Officer (Retired) (1970-1990)

EBAY Items
    http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZrlamir
  • Options
    anoldgoatanoldgoat Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭
    "For the last month or so, they've been very late"

I get mine in bunches. Once I got four issues in three days. I have never received mine regularly.image
    Alright! Who removed the cork from my lunch?

W.C. Fields
  • Options
    VeepVeep Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭✭
    No UNUSUAL delays here. I expect to get mine Monday!
    "Let me tell ya Bud, you can buy junk anytime!"
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I once received a current issue on Wednesday. image Still waiting for this weeks.image
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    TootawlTootawl Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭

<< <i>"For the last month or so, they've been very late"

I get mine in bunches. Once I got four issues in three days. I have never received mine regularly.image >>

Me too.
    There is no such a thing as normal delivery for CW.
    PCGS Currency: HOF 2013, Best Low Ball Set 2009-2014, 2016, 2018. Appreciation Award 2015, Best Showcase 2018, Numerous others.
  • Options
    MrBreezeMrBreeze Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭
    Not to beat a dead horse, but I never know when my is coming, either. I have not received this week's edition, and received last week's early in the week.
  • Options
    mepotmepot Posts: 585 ✭✭✭
    Same here,I read 'em when I get 'em.image
    computer illiterate,becoming coin literate with the help of this forum.
  • Options
    xbobxbob Posts: 1,979
    I also get mine like broken clockwork. None for two weeks then maybe 2 or 3 within a few days. Sometimes they ae current, sometimes not.

Delays are the norm for my subscription. image
    -Bob
    collections: Maryland related coins & exonumia, 7070 Type set, and Video Arcade Tokens.
    The Low Budget Y2K Registry Set
  • Options
    TorinoCobra71TorinoCobra71 Posts: 8,024 ✭✭✭
    Mine used to come on Fridays, now they have been coming on Mondays......

TC71

• Options
    RYKRYK Posts: 35,789 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mine are all over the place. Sometimes it will seem like a while that I have not received one. Then, I will get one and two days later get another. So far, I have not yet lapped myself, so I guess they are doing okay. The reality is that there is no real breaking news, just ads, features, editorials, some stale news, and columns, so it really does not matter much to me when it arrives.
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A broken clock is at least correct twice a day......CW delivery can't even get that close image

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    It seems that my Coinworlds often get delivered late, then they come two or even three at a time. When they come two at a time it's always one that's a week late and one that is on time or even early. It's frustrating when they get delivered like this.
  • Options
    was fridays, now saturdays or mondays. Anyone call the subscription office to complain?
    How much for that one
  • Options
    LongacreLongacre Posts: 16,717 ✭✭✭
    I haven't received one in two weeks. I will probably get two this week.

Or maybe my mailman reads them first and then delivers them.
    Always took candy from strangers
    Didn't wanna get me no trade
    Never want to be like papa
    Working for the boss every night and day
    --"Happy", by the Rolling Stones (1972)
  • Options
    Mine arrives whenever it decides too, no rhyme or reason.
    M39/10USNY:US1Cu10000:US5Ni3520:US10Ag94:US25Ag65:US50Ag18
    2000 Gallery PPI Registry Set
  • Options
    LanLordLanLord Posts: 11,681 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>A broken clock is at least correct twice a day......CW delivery can't even get that close image >>

I would agree only if it is a stopped clock, if it's just losing a few minutes every hour, then it's only right a couple times a year!
  • Options
    TOMTJCTOMTJC Posts: 22 ✭✭✭
    My Coin World was always delivered on Friday for the longest time. Now it comes when ever and sometimes I do not get one for two weeks. I called Coin World on Monday and was told they send the issue out on time. They said they would check with the post office and find out what the delay is. I think the mailmen at my post office are reading it before they deliver it to me.
  • Options
    DeadhorseDeadhorse Posts: 3,720
    Totally scattered.

I may see one on Saturday, then nothing for 10 days, then 2 back to back. I once got three the same day. It's been that way for me for at least the last couple years.

It used to be like clockwork, every Friday. But that's been so long ago that I just quit counting on anything there anymore.
    "Lenin is certainly right. There is no subtler or more severe means of overturning the existing basis of society(destroy capitalism) than to debauch the currency. The process engages all the hidden forces of economic law on the side of destruction, and it does it in a manner which not one man in a million is able to diagnose."
    John Marnard Keynes, The Economic Consequences of the Peace, 1920, page 235ff
  • Options
    BurksBurks Posts: 1,103
    I get mine whenever the post office decides to deliver my mail. Lately I've been getting the newspaper from my old hometown 4 days later than normal. (Paper comes out Wednesday, normally get it Friday....not any more).
    WTB: Eric Plunk cards, jersey (signed or unsigned), and autographs. Basically anything related to him

Positive BST: WhiteThunder (x2), Ajaan, onefasttalon, mirabela, Wizard1, cucamongacoin, mccardguy1

Negative BST: NONE!
  • Options
    KoinlinkKoinlink Posts: 593 ✭✭✭
    I've been wondering this myself! For years they arrived on Friday and now for the past month the come on Mondays.
  • Options
    500Bay500Bay Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭
    Saturday was my norm - now more often than not it is Monday.
    Finem Respice
  • Options
    JJMJJM Posts: 7,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    monday or tuesday,...occasionally I get skipped a week
    👍BST's erickso1,cone10,MICHAELDIXON,TennesseeDave,p8nt,jmdm1194,RWW,robkool,Ahrensdad,Timbuk3,Downtown1974,bigjpst,mustanggt,Yorkshireman,idratherbgardening,SurfinxHI,derryb,masscrew,Walkerguy21D,MJ1927,sniocsu,Coll3tor,doubleeagle07,luciobar1980,PerryHall,SNMAM,mbcoin,liefgold,keyman64,maprince230,TorinoCobra71,RB1026,Weiss,LukeMarshall,Wingsrule,Silveryfire, pointfivezero,IKE1964,AL410, Tdec1000, AnkurJ,guitarwes,Type2,Bp777,jfoot113,JWP,mattniss,dantheman984,jclovescoins,Collectorcoins,Weather11am,Namvet69,kansasman,Bruce7789,ADG,Larrob37
  • Options
    DrPeteDrPete Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭
    Got last Thursday's Coin World today, Tuesday.
    Dr. Pete
  • Options
    Conder101Conder101 Posts: 10,536
    Coin World gets the issue out on time and on the same day every week. Any delays you are experiencing are the result of delays within the post offices delivery system.
  • Options
    It finally happenned. Today, I received two issues of CW on the same day! image
  • Options
    Aegis3Aegis3 Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭

<< <i>It finally happenned. Today, I received two issues of CW on the same day! image >>

Last Thursday, that also happened to me. And they were non-consecutive issues, plus the one that would have shipped out that week has not arrived yet.
    --

Ed. S.

(EJS)
  • Options
    pontiacinfpontiacinf Posts: 8,915 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>It finally happenned. Today, I received two issues of CW on the same day! image >>

Last Thursday, that also happened to me. And they were non-consecutive issues, plus the one that would have shipped out that week has not arrived yet. >>

same thing is still happening to me also

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • Options
    VeepVeep Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday, I joined the two in one day club. It sounds like a whole pallet of them got set aside, mis-directed, forgotten...
    "Let me tell ya Bud, you can buy junk anytime!"
  • Options
    STONESTONE Posts: 15,275
    Yeh finally got my issue yesterday and in the last 2 issues it has been 18 days. So much for the weekly service.
  • Options
    Conder101Conder101 Posts: 10,536
    I didn't get my July 3rd issue. The next week I didn't get the July 10th issue. The next week I got the July 10 and July 17 issues, and the next week I got the July 24 and July 3 issues the same day.
  • Options
    I got one yesterday. I don't know what the date is. It had an ICG advertisement cover on the front. I've had two in one day, too.
  • Options
    tmot99tmot99 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭
    I stopped getting it because it would never get here on time. I would always get 2 issues together.

Maybe PCGS is putting a squeeze on them to remove articles? image
  • Options
    michaelmichael Posts: 9,524 ✭✭
    the last couple of months and especially so the last 30 days

yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    I set a new personal record:

one yesterday and two today (three in two days!)
  • Options

<< <i>I set a new personal record:

one yesterday and two today (three in two days!) >>

image You missed having a three some by one day.
  • Options
    I'm glad to hear it's not just me. I sometimes go a couple of weeks without getting an issue, then I get two, sometimes three at a time. Since I'm not the only one then we must conclude that it's not OUR Post Offices who are the cause of the problem. It must either be Coin World themselves, or their Post Office. Since Coin World says they're mailed out on time every week then we must conclude that it's THEIR Post Office that is causing all this mess.
    Bob
  • Options
    krankykranky Posts: 8,709 ✭✭✭
    I don't think it's CW's problem. I get mine on Thursday 98% of the time, 1% on Friday, 1% on Saturday. NN, on the other hand, can arrive any time from Monday-Wednesday. But NN's mailing office is a lot farther from me than CW's.

New collectors, please educate yourself before spending money on coins; there are people who believe that using numismatic knowledge to rip the naïve is what this hobby is all about.

• Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usually a Saturday but I got my Nov 13th copy yesterday (Thursday).

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    MyqqyMyqqy Posts: 9,777
    You missed having a three some by one day.

I'm still hoping that a threesome might happen for me someday....... image
    And my girlfriend just bought me a subscription to cw, so I will get to complain about this same problem.... hopefully soon.... image
    My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable !
  • Options
    Mine gets here either Saturday or Monday. Just got my very last issue, November 13, as I've let my subscription expire after 8 years--it was starting to be boring--the ANA thing in particular and people whining about the mint. The good articles were too few and far between.
    Curmudgeon in waiting!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file