Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Scary Ebay person...

Is it a full moon? Or do the crazies on Ebay just hate people named "Dan" these days?

I was looking at this auction and sent the seller a question asking if he could provide some information on a few random coins (country, denomination, date, grade) because there was no way to tell from his description if it might be common modern material or low-grade material, or otherwise.

I get the following response:

"Well that was an nasty insult ! That is what the question link is for. I'm not selling garbage. See my feedback . These coins are valuable . PLease do not ever bid on any of my items. And mind your own business. Worry about your own listings ! Not everyone on eBay is like you. I know many sellers, I'll make it a point of mentioning your ID."

Then 5 minutes later I get a question through Ebay on one of the CDs I'm selling from the same guy:

"LOOK AT THE CRAP YOU SELL !! ARE YOU RELATED TO THAT BRIT WHO SOLD CRAP LIKE THIS THEN GOT BUSTED ON EBAY ?"

As much as I wanted to go off on the guy, I responded to his original rant as follows:

"It wasn't intended as an insult. I was simply trying to find out more about the lot, since you provided no information at all in the listing. I did use the question link. All I wanted was to find out more information because I was potentially interested in buying the lot. You really shouldn't take everything personally, especially since it was not intended that way...

Needless to say I have blocked him...

The nutballs are out in force...

Comments

• Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "See my Feedback" Har,Har. Har.....98.6 with 6 Negs.

Geez another clown.

Ken
  • Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,449 ✭✭✭✭
    Bulk lots can be tricky. Here's an auction by temporarily yeti JJ: Text

It's interesting to look at the questions part, James had clearly stated at the listing, that he will only ship this lot to US destinations.
    Answered On

Q: The listing says you ship to Canada but the fine print says US only. Which is it?
    Mar-07-06
    A: Shipment is only to the United States. E-bay sticks my default wording in there whether it applies or not.

Q: Hello, How much is the shipping cost for Canada. Thank-you
    Mar-11-06
    A: I will not ship this lot to Canada under any circumstances.

Q: Hi there. I'm looking to bid on your 1800 world coin set. I am cunfused because I live in Canada and would like to purchase these coins but am wondering...more
    Mar-11-06
    A: I will not ship this lot to Canada under any circumstances.

Q: Hi there i was just wondering if you will ship to Canada and what you would charge for shipping to Canada Thanks David
    Mar-12-06
    A: Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I will not ship to Canada!

Q: Hi, under which circumstances will you ship this lot to Canada? ;-)
    Mar-12-06
    A: Stop it now, you're just being silly. No shipment to Canada.

image The last one came from me, but James sent two distinct answers, one in private with explicit lyrics and the one he posted. image
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    I would answer, "sure i'll ship to Canada, lot will be valued at $3000 on the customs form. Go ahead and bid!!" image
    Terry

eBay Store

DPOTD Jan 2005, Meet the Darksiders
  • Options
    goossengoossen Posts: 492 ✭✭
    To judge for the feedback, this person have a big problem with the shipping!
    My coins with pictures: http://www.paraguaycoins.com/
  • Options
    AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I would answer, "sure i'll ship to Canada, lot will be valued at $3000 on the customs form. Go ahead and bid!!" image >>

If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    Pity the bulk lot is closed, I would have loved to have asked how much he'd ship to Canada for ? Even though I live nowhere near there it is still a valid question imo. image
  • Options
    wybritwybrit Posts: 6,961 ✭✭✭
    "LOOK AT THE CRAP YOU SELL !! ARE YOU RELATED TO THAT BRIT WHO SOLD CRAP LIKE THIS THEN GOT BUSTED ON EBAY ?"

Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.