kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
2006 proof platinum press release

Coin Price
One ounce $1,500
Half-ounce $780
Quarter-ounce $435
Tenth-ounce $220
Four-Coin Set $2,750

These go on sale tomorrow at noon. I will send free 2006 silver eagle to the first person who posts an actual picture of one, front and reverse, in reply to this post.
"I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.

Comments

• HyperionHyperion Posts: 7,439 ✭✭✭
    done and done. 1 oz !
    I just got my 1/4 oz in the mail today image outstanding reverse.
    Looking forward to tomorrow at noon !
  • tcmitssrtcmitssr Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭
    i can't find any local dealers selling the mint state 2006 1/10 ounce platinums. Anyone have someone they can suggest for me to buy one?

Thanks.
  • FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭
    Anyone care to make a projection on sales? I think the Mint will really sell these because of two things; the new design and the prices commanded by the 2004 Coins.

There might be those who think the higher prices will result in low mintages but I think enough people will be thinking this to push sales to record levels. Count me out for Mint ordering. I'll pick up a bargain Coin on eBay. The Platinums always show up on eBay when someone needs fast cash. Dealers pay melt when they know they hold the upper hand.
  • aficionadoaficionado Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭

from the mint

• Pics removed due to not being proofs
  • fishcookerfishcooker Posts: 3,446 ✭✭

I think they will sell a lot of them because people want to own stuff that has already risen in price. That must mean it is worth buying!
  • brendanlambrendanlam Posts: 662 ✭✭✭
    so this year, unc and prf are different Reverse?
  • kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want a pic of an actual in-hand 2006 US proof platinum coin, any denomination, front and reverse. image

Thanks for the posting of the reverse from the mint, though, sharp!

"I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.

<< <i>so this year, unc and prf are different Reverse? >>

Yah, the proofs have a different reverse each year.. this is the tenth reverse for them.
  • LALASD4LALASD4 Posts: 3,602 ✭✭✭
    Is it this?

Coin Collector, Chicken Owner, Licensed Tax Preparer & Insurance Broker/Agent.
    San Diego, CA

Yah, but I need a pic of the actual coin.. image
  • nederveitnederveit Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭
    How about this:

OR

• SlangNRoxSlangNRox Posts: 774 ✭✭
    Nope
    Looking for the platinum proofs.
  • HootHoot Posts: 867

<< <i>i can't find any local dealers selling the mint state 2006 1/10 ounce platinums. Anyone have someone they can suggest for me to buy one?

Thanks. >>

APMEX

Hoot
    From this hour I ordain myself loos'd of limits and imaginary lines. - Whitman

<< <i>Nope
    Looking for the platinum proofs. >>

Thanks, Slang.. image

True, I want a picture of the 2006 US platinum proof coins...
  • JDelageJDelage Posts: 724 ✭✭

<< <i>Coin Price
    One ounce $1,500
    >>

I can't fathom paying $500 over spot.
    "The greatest productive force is human selfishness."
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • SlangNRoxSlangNRox Posts: 774 ✭✭
    It looks like I'll have to sell more drugs so I can afford the 2006 1/2 oz
  • INXSINXS Posts: 1,202
    Got the 1 oz wont be shipped ti 04/10 then I have to get a Capiitol holder for the SAE, GAE and PAE 1 OZ and then its off to the bank.
    "Well here's another nice mess you have gotten me into" Oliver Hardy 1930

BST successful dealings with:MsMorrisine, goldman86
  • And I thought $1,995 was high in 2003 when I bought a set for my newborn son. Now that's about the melt value...

<< <i>It looks like I'll have to sell more drugs so I can afford the 2006 1/2 oz >>

I've run out of spleens to sell. :/
    Bumpbump... someone is gettin' a 2006 SAE!
  • Only pics I've seen online yet, too bad they are crappy. These are on ebay

imageimage
    We have a winner! I'll send you a PM for your info...
  • WOO HOO, I'm a weener image Thanks kiyote, PM sent image

Guess its time for me to sort through my crap, err coins, and figure out a nice giveaway of my own. image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file