Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Does anyone know these clowns?

Nothing like placing threats in your ebay auctions to stir up a bidding frenzy

Nice threat in their ad <<WCCC will leave negative feedback for any buyer leaving us unwarranted negative feedback, all issues can be resolved, communication is the the answer to solving must problems.>>

I am sure that the problems that communication cannot solve could be solved by an elementary school grammar class.

Comments

• Options
    Wow, I'm going to have to keep a database full of the potential "undesirable" ebay sellers out there.
    kev

keeping my ears open for oddball cards of Rose from the 60's and 70's.
  • Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭
    I know that I would be turned off by that type of advertising.But thats just me.Never believed in threat tactics.
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • Options
    WabittwaxWabittwax Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭
    That alone would stop me from bidding. It would have to be a "one of kind, never to be seen for sale again" type card to get me to buy from somebody who says that. He's telling you upfront that you had better be pleased with his service or your feedback will suffer. That's BS. People need to boycott sellers like that.
  • Options
    This ranks up there with one of my biggest issues with some sellers. I personally am not a fan of the, "I will leave feedback once you leave feedback" line. If a buyer does his part one should never have to wait for feedback. I have never been able to figure that one out.
  • Options
    I don't trust any eBay seller that won't leave feedback for their buyers when payment has been received.

I personally leave positive feedback as soon as buyers pay me (assuming they pay in a timely manner). I refuse to leave feedback for any seller that hasn't left feedback for me (but I do as soon as I get one)! Nothing pisses me off more than sellers that send me an e-mail asking me why I haven't left them feedback yet. It's because I lived up to my end of the deal by paying as fast as possible, but you plan on holding feedback hostage until I leave feedback for you!

Well, I guess those losers that demand payment within a set period (Payment due within 3 days... 7 days, etc.) and then wait 2-3 weeks to ship my stuff piss me off too. WOW! Sure am I glad I had to pay $5 for Priority mail to get my card in 13 days... that $2 First Class bubble mailer would've taken two weeks to get here!

• Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I don't trust any eBay seller that won't leave feedback for their buyers when payment has been received.

I personally leave positive feedback as soon as buyers pay me (assuming they pay in a timely manner). I refuse to leave feedback for any seller that hasn't left feedback for me (but I do as soon as I get one)! Nothing pisses me off more than sellers that send me an e-mail asking me why I haven't left them feedback yet. It's because I lived up to my end of the deal by paying as fast as possible, but you plan on holding feedback hostage until I leave feedback for you!

Well, I guess those losers that demand payment within a set period (Payment due within 3 days... 7 days, etc.) and then wait 2-3 weeks to ship my stuff piss me off too. WOW! Sure am I glad I had to pay $5 for Priority mail to get my card in 13 days... that $2 First Class bubble mailer would've taken two weeks to get here!

image >>

You are right jolton joe,I agree.
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • Options
    We have gone over this many times... The seller has more to lose by leaving feedback first then a buyer does. I, as a seller dont leave feedback first. As a buyer , i always leave feedback first to let the seller know that i recieved the card and that i am satisfied.
    www.sportsnutcards.com
    Specializing in Certified Autograph Cards, Rookies, Rare Inserts and other quality modern cards! Over 8000 Cards in stock now! Come visit our physical store located at 1210 Main St. Belmar ,NJ
  • Options
    beach64beach64 Posts: 218 ✭✭
    I disagree. I dont care who has more to lose. If I buy something and send the money promtly as agreed I should receive positive feedback. I did my part and feeback should be posted no matter what I post. IF the seller sends what they advertised there should be no problem receiving positive feeback as well.
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    I love the part about the "restocking fee". Pff.

If they only grant refunds in the instances where the buyer shows them that the card was misrepresented, what in the heck is with a restocking fee????

Essentially, they're saying "Yah, you're right, we're wrong. Here's 95% of your money back, minus shipping."

Buyer: "Hi, I won a $1000 card you called MINT, and it's got a tear in it! That's not MINT in anyone's book!"
    Seller: "Oops, you're right. My bad. Send the card back, and I'll just keep $50 for my trouble."
    Buyer: "WTF!?!?"
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    bri2327bri2327 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭
    I absolutely agree with beach64. I dont want to hear one bit about who has more to lose, if the buyer pays in the time allotted he has completed his or her end of the obligation satisfactorily and should receive feedback when having done such. Any seller that " holds feedback hostage" from me is guaranteed to never get my business again.
    "The other teams could make trouble for us if they win."
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options
    I am not going to fight you guys on it, but i disagree with you guys 100%. Ebay's feedback system stinks and does not work properly because of both dishonest buyers and sellers. A buyer can keep on buying as much as he wants with a 95% feedback rating, but how much is a seller really going to sell with a 95% rating??? So who is the rating more important to? FOR EXAMPLE.... If a seller does everything perfect, leaves the buyer feedback and the buyer recieves the card all all of a sudden has a problem with the card. He then goes to ebay,paypal, etc gets his money back and still doesnt send the card back. What recourse as a seller do you now have to let others know about this buyer??? Ebay wont help you, paypal wont help you..... Or what about a buyer who send a fake check? Or the buyer who reports his credit card two weeks after he recieves your card? He is much more likely to leave a negative first without trying to work it out with the seller, whereas if no feedback is left, the buyer is more likely to contact the seller and work it out with him. This has been proven many times in various discussions on the beckett boards, with many many different examples, and you may not really understand it until the dishonest buyer negs you... In the end, if the buyer leaves feedback first, he still has the card and all that he could get is a negative... whereas if the seller leaves it first he is left open to anything a dishonest ebayer may try to do.
    www.sportsnutcards.com
    Specializing in Certified Autograph Cards, Rookies, Rare Inserts and other quality modern cards! Over 8000 Cards in stock now! Come visit our physical store located at 1210 Main St. Belmar ,NJ
  • Options
    bri2327bri2327 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭

<< <i>I am not going to fight you guys on it, but i disagree with you guys 100%. Ebay's feedback system stinks and does not work properly because of both dishonest buyers and sellers. A buyer can keep on buying as much as he wants with a 95% feedback rating, but how much is a seller really going to sell with a 95% rating??? So who is the rating more important to? FOR EXAMPLE.... If a seller does everything perfect, leaves the buyer feedback and the buyer recieves the card all all of a sudden has a problem with the card. He then goes to ebay,paypal, etc gets his money back and still doesnt send the card back. What recourse as a seller do you now have to let others know about this buyer??? Ebay wont help you, paypal wont help you..... Or what about a buyer who send a fake check? Or the buyer who reports his credit card two weeks after he recieves your card? He is much more likely to leave a negative first without trying to work it out with the seller, whereas if no feedback is left, the buyer is more likely to contact the seller and work it out with him. This has been proven many times in various discussions on the beckett boards, with many many different examples, and you may not really understand it until the dishonest buyer negs you... In the end, if the buyer leaves feedback first, he still has the card and all that he could get is a negative... whereas if the seller leaves it first he is left open to anything a dishonest ebayer may try to do. >>

I have gotten negatives from dishonest buyers a few times and I will still stick to my earlier post. That is just part of the breaks with being involved with any type of sales. It works the same way as a purchase in most stores, food establishments, etc. The buyer commands more than an equal share of the rights, always been that way, always will. Anyone who doesnt undertand that is in the wrong line of work or shouldnt be involved in sales.
    "The other teams could make trouble for us if they win."
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options
    WabittwaxWabittwax Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭
    Honestly though, how often does a buyer actually rip off a seller as compared to a seller overstating his junk or just never sendng altogether. It's gotta be like 1 to 100. My feedback is near 1200 with probably 90% selling and I've NEVER had a buyer rip me off. Sellers get me a lot.

Here's a great solution: The next time I buy something off of Ebay, the seller can send me the product first before I pay for it. Then I will be the first to leave feedback. Sounds fair, right?
  • Options
    hench1hench1 Posts: 116
    It is up to the seller to post feedback once he has received payment. The buyer should post it when he receives the card. I will NEVER post feedback for a seller that tries to hold me hostage with feedback and I won't buy from jerks like that ever again.