Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

1979 Burger King Yankees

Do you think it wise to submit a bunch of these if you were a seller? I have a few unopened boxes and I'm thinking about opening them.

Comments

• Options
    BkritzBkritz Posts: 1,093 ✭✭
    I just sold a psa 9 Munson for $25 or so. I sold a psa 8 Reggie for $4. I hope that helps a bit....

Bkritz
  • Options
    WabittwaxWabittwax Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭
    Here's a thread I know something about.

I usually submit cards for resale but honestly I really don't submit these for that because they aren't profitable. I am trying to build all the sets so I submit them for myself.

As for most common BK cards in PSA 9, they barely get grading fees. I picked up a PSA 9 from this set for as low as $3 and up to maybe $8 or $9 depending on who's looking. But, 9's are very tough to get. You might get 2 or 3 from the whole box. You aren't going to get PSA 10's from a cello box though. It just won't happen. Although 10's would net you a profit. I'm 99.9% convinced though that 10's come from vending boxes with about 1 card in 100,000 being the exception, literally.

If you were to get a PSA 9 on Munson or Jackson, they would sell for about the price that Bkritz suggested. But, I've opened about 4 or 5 boxes of these and I managed 1 PSA 9 Munson and 0 PSA 9 Jackson's.

Your unopened box should sell for around $25 on Ebay. The last one sold for $50 but that had to be 2 guys fighting over it because I've never had to pay more than about $25.

I've opened about 200-250 packs of these and I have about 10 cards that I feel confident about getting a PSA 9 on with none that will get a 10. That's about 10 cards out of about 700 that were pack fresh.

By the time I finish this set, I'll have spent way more than they're worth, but I don't care, it's fun. Many registry sets aren't profitable.

Hope this helped.
  • Options
    gaspipe26gaspipe26 Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭
    I just tore a box open and there wasnt 1 card in there gradeable. Back in the closet they go.
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I just tore a box open and there wasnt 1 card in there gradeable. Back in the closet they go. >>

That seems like a typical Burger King experience. These cards are terribly difficult to find in top shape. A few of the Yankees runs, I believe, may have better odds do to the surfacing of some vending boxes. But finding 8s and 9s on some of these cards is very tough. I'm putting together the 1979 and 1980 Phillies Burger King sets, and it is exceptionally difficult.
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.