Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Ooops NGC

What's wrong with this picture???

Next question ... Do I send it back or keep it as a novelty error slab? image

Comments

• Options
    coinpicturescoinpictures Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭
    File it between the 1904 Philippines 10 Centimo piece and the 1854 British Halfpfennig... image
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,112 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The British controlled Austria in 1937? image

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    newsmannewsman Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The British controlled Austria in 1937? image >>

I think NGC just knocked off a couple of letters to save space. image
  • Options

<< <i>I think NGC just knocked off a couple of letters to save space >>

That's probably it. Raise fees and save on print.

DPOTD-3

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    Maria Theresa sure has changed over the years!!

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    WillieBoyd2WillieBoyd2 Posts: 5,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we see the other side, please sir?

One has Mozart, the other has Waltzing Mathilda.
    https://www.brianrxm.com
    The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
    Coins in Movies
    Coins on Television

• Options

<< <i>Do I send it back or keep it as a novelty error slab? image >>

You really have to ask?

After all, you have a top pop coin which you can reasonably assume will remain so forever.image
    Roy

• Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>File it between the 1904 Philippines 10 Centimo piece and the 1854 British Halfpfennig... image >>

imageimageimage
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    AuldFartteAuldFartte Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭✭
    Send a PM to Cameron (Kieferscoins) on these forums and ask him. He's an expert on slabs. So is Conder101, I think.

My OmniCoin Collection
    My BankNoteBank Collection
    Tom, formerly in Albuquerque, NM.
  • Options
    wybritwybrit Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭

The British controlled Austria in 1937?

Well, they controlled a fourth of it by 1945 image
    Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.
  • Options
    STLNATSSTLNATS Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭
    So here's a question from a lowly ragpicker. If they can't get the country right how accurate is the grade? There's periodic holy wars over at the Currency Forum about TPGs and this just adds fuel to the fire.......

imageimageimage
    Always interested in St Louis MO & IL metro area and Evansville IN national bank notes and Vatican/papal states coins and medals!
  • Options
    I will bet my eldest son that the submitter put Austria on the submission form. So many times the TPGs, probably those who just do the data entry, just look at the info on the submission form and go by that. I don't think the graders, who are getting paid mucho dollars, are the ones who do the data entry. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

DPOTD-3

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options

<< <i>I will bet my eldest son that the submitter put Austria on the submission form. So many times the TPGs, probably those who just do the data entry, just look at the info on the submission form and go by that. I don't think the graders, who are getting paid mucho dollars, are the ones who do the data entry. Please correct me if I'm wrong. >>

I accidently wrote Half Penny on a submission form for a Penny, and have a Penny in an NGC holder labeled as Half Penny
  • Options
    shirohniichanshirohniichan Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I will bet my eldest son that the submitter put Austria on the submission form. So many times the TPGs, probably those who just do the data entry, just look at the info on the submission form and go by that. I don't think the graders, who are getting paid mucho dollars, are the ones who do the data entry. Please correct me if I'm wrong. >>

Cool! I think I'll submit a 1926 5 cent piece as a "Far 6" or my 1909 VDB cent as a 1909-S VDB. image
    Obscurum per obscurius