Home Sports Talk
Options

Ken Williams=Punk

I am definitely biased. No love for ChiSox as personified by the leaders of that "organization."

Brent
Collecting:
Bo Jackson Basic(#1) and Master(#1)
Bob Feller Basic(#4)
Sam McDowell Basic(#1)
2004 Cracker Jack Master

My Ebay Store

Comments

• Options
    I think its great. Frank Thomas is a big baby.
  • Options
    Kid4hof03Kid4hof03 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I gotta agree, I've never seen a bigger whiner than Thomas.
    Collecting anything and everything relating to Roger Staubach
  • Options
    I've got no problems with seeing the Big Skirt go.

Enjoy collecting vintage baseball cards, memorabilia and autos
  • Options
    "He's an Oakland A's problem. He needs to be concerned about Oakland. I don't even know why I'm talking about [the] guy. Play two or three games in a row first before you start popping off."
  • Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭

I agree...

With Ken Williams. Thomas is an idiot. Way to burn bridges Big Hurt.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    ROCKDJRWROCKDJRW Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭
    I was looking forward to Frank comming back to US Cellular as a member of the A's. I would have given him a standing ovation. I am now tempted to boo him or do nothing at all. He couldn't just keep his mouth shut and leave with classimage
    Collect Ozzie Guillen Cards
    Unique Chicago Cards
    Wrestling Cards
  • Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭
    Bighurt,
    You picked a sorry excuse for a hero. Now go tile your bathroom with those Thomas slabs.

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    Tough to side with the always whining Thomas on this one...
  • Options
    Ken Williams and Ozzie are a much needed breath of fresh air to baseball. They have all of thier facts straight, and arent afraid to "Tell it like it is............."
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    Why is Thomas still whining, months after the fact? Did he expect the white sox to sacrifice their team in order to placate him? Or did they tell him 'hey big guy, we appreciate your time here, but you don't fit in our plans anymore' and he wasn't man enough to admit his playing days are behind him?

• Options
    i always liked thomas as a white sox fan. when he was "on" he could carry the team. 2001 and 2003 are great examples.he won a lot of games with his bat. i think he is a 1st ballot hall of famer. he also played poor defense and stunk like cr*p in the playoffs.but,he always seems to whine about how he percieves to be mistreated, (he feels he is under-paid.) he has made 86 million $$$ over his career. the player most closely matching thomas' #'s is jeff bagwell who has made 108 million over a comparable period. but bagwell did play 1st base everyday, thomas without the Dh role would be long gone. so i looked up his peer DH edgar martinez who made 49 million over his career. so i don't think any of us here or anywhere on earth feels big frank got a raw deal $$$ wise. frank should prove the sox were wrong and have a big year with the A's, but i doubt his legs will let him.
  • Options
    I spend a lot of time in the bathroom looking at my slabs. Unfortunately, my Ken Williams slabs line my septic tank. In any event, we all use the bathroom and have opinions. I love America! Thanks for the opinions everyone.

Brent
    Collecting:
    Bo Jackson Basic(#1) and Master(#1)
    Bob Feller Basic(#4)
    Sam McDowell Basic(#1)
    2004 Cracker Jack Master

My Ebay Store
  • Options
    I was really surprised to hear Kenny Williams' remarks. Was it really that bad between him and Frank??!! It was just last October when we seen Frank Thomas cheering the Sox on in the dugout in the World Series. Another question, what does this do to his 1990 Leaf card? Remember when this card was the bomb back in the day??
  • Options
    WabittwaxWabittwax Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭
    That card has been in the crapper for so long, I doubt the price will move any. If anything I would guess it would move up since he can't do any worse in Oakland than he did with the White Sox lately.