Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

How many have gotten the email about Microsoft "beta-testing" emails?

And promises of 10s of thousands of dollars rolling in in a matter of weeks? I got 2 separate emails, and both were from coin related correspondences - either an eBay seller (I assume) or a person I had done a deal with outside of eBay. I haven't deleted them yet, but my finger is twitchin' on the trigger......
Don't you know that it's worth
every treasure on Earth
to be young at heart?
And as rich as you are,
it's much better by far,
to be young at heart!

Comments

• Options
    meos1meos1 Posts: 1,135
    Not happening. But they offer Beta opportunities to key computer scientist for non-compensation. I have been in two in 15 years.
    I am just throwing cheese to the rats chewing on the chains of my sanity!

First Place Winner of the 2005 Rampage design contest!
  • Options
    I believe these are all just chain letters, this one has been around for quite a while now... several years now ... break the chain!
    -Ben T. * Collector of Errors! * Proud member of the CUFYNA
  • Options
    fishcookerfishcooker Posts: 3,446 ✭✭

Bill Gates still owes me 10 cents for every person I forwarded his email to.
  • Options
    Classof67Classof67 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭
    Yep, those have been around for many years.
    GREAT BST transactions with Wondercoin, segoja, moderncoinmart, notwilight, wingsrule, 123cents, fivecents, hunted, alohagary, ibzman350, WTCG, sonofagunk, amigo, coincoins, dcgolfer, chumley, nycounsel, tootawl, guitarwes, kimber45ACP, Zubie, Egger, RYK, 1tommy, EagleEye, NEFPROLLC, jmdm1194, Coinfolio
  • Options
    yea, my sister is still waiting for her check

Herb
    Remember it's not how you pick your nose that matters, it's where you put the boogers.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    That Scam has been going on for years!!
    PCGS sets under The Thomas Collections. Modern Commemoratives @ NGC under "One Coin at a Time". USMC Active 1966 thru 1970" The real War.
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>And promises of 10s of thousands of dollars rolling in in a matter of weeks? I got 2 separate emails, and both were from coin related correspondences - either an eBay seller (I assume) or a person I had done a deal with outside of eBay. I haven't deleted them yet, but my finger is twitchin' on the trigger......
    image >>

That scam is older than I am ... oh well, almost.image

scam alert
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    notwilightnotwilight Posts: 12,864 ✭✭✭
    I only got it from a friend who forwarded it to me for a laugh. --Jerry
  • Options
    First time I got the microsoft urban rumor email was at least 10 years ago. Havent seen one for years.
    Now mostly really lame political/patriotic crap emails get forwarded around/useful for those who feel critical thought is too tiresome. LOL
    cant wait til people get tired of throwing those around
    how many have friends/relatives that apparently cant type? I never get anything from them they personally write themselves.
    their idea of using email is to forward dumb emails they got from other non typists (8-0)
    I am serious! and don't call me Shirley

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file