Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

SSP: Price slashed on MS63 1723 SSC C/SS shilling!!!!

1723 SSC "C/SS" SHILLING / George I - Blundered Reverse C/SS in 3rd Quad. - NGC MS63. ESC-1176, Coincraft G1SH-0185, S-3647. As seen in the images this shilling displays a hint of lilac, cyan blue, and sea-green toning on both the reverse and the obverse. Of note are the glittering Semi-PL fields about the periphery on both the obverse and especially the reverse. All-in-all, a nice excellent example of this scarce and desirable C/SS variety. Valued at £450 ($780) in EF. in the 2006 Spink with no price listing for true Uncirculated specimens.

$600.

imageimageimage
.....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22

Comments

• Options
    FilamCoinsFilamCoins Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭

Good luck!! image
  • Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,452 ✭✭✭✭
    Great coins jester, I have my eye on that auction, although not necessarily on the British pieces alone. image
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why Teletrade, instead of eBay? Just curious.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    So you do not want international bidders!

I thought I would check them out, but Teletrade would not let me register.
    Tony Harmer
    Web: www.tonyharmer.org
  • Options
    Ask a member to bid on your behalf, I do it all the time. I intend to meet them and register in Chicago.image
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    I had so many problems with Teletrade, that I never even go there any more.

Bob
    I like Ikes!! But I especially like Viking Ships, Swedish Plate Money, and all coins Scandinavian.
    imageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    Do you mind sharing them? Up until now, it has always been a nice alternative source for me, not cheap, but often with rare coins.
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    This is better dealt with as a privet message. PM sent.

Bob
    I like Ikes!! But I especially like Viking Ships, Swedish Plate Money, and all coins Scandinavian.
    imageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    Hey, copy me that pm, I just registered and bid!image
    Terry

eBay Store

DPOTD Jan 2005, Meet the Darksiders
  • Options
    1913 1/2d, now belongs in the "SPINAKER COLLECTION"image
    Terry

eBay Store

DPOTD Jan 2005, Meet the Darksiders
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    Added a 1723 SSC Shilling, "C/SS" variety, in NGC MS63.

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    Jester, hats off for your sensibility to use an already existing SSP by simply editing it. image

What a nice coin this is anyway! It certainly deserves a welcoming new home. Congrats to the photographer as well, his solisstyle pics are a trademark for those "in the know". image
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    A new batch of coins have finally made it to TeleTrade, and they comprise the bulk of their upcoming auction 2197. In invite you all to enjoy the RIP feast, as other Darksiders have already had the pleasure of doing on these Jester Challenge coins of mine.

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

• Options
    MacCrimmonMacCrimmon Posts: 7,058 ✭✭✭
    As a side note: Lots #2478 & #2479 are presently incorrectly attributed as farthings (1/4 penny); they are instead a penny, and halfpenny, respectively.
  • Options
    Spinaker you have been PMed. image
  • Options
    MacC - you have been PMed too.

Somebody......help......please......image
  • Options
    OK 1/2 Pond gets auctioned on Sunday - Phew......

Was worried there for a bit. image
  • Options
    FilamCoinsFilamCoins Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭

I'm in Jester. Wish me luck! image

• Options
    I do image the 1919H penny TT2197-2481 but why wont they accept foriegn biddersimage
  • Options

<< <i>I do image the 1919H penny TT2197-2481 but why wont they accept foriegn biddersimage >>

I don't know, but I believe you could ask somebody here on this forum to bid for you.

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I do image the 1919H penny TT2197-2481 but why wont they accept foriegn biddersimage >>

I don't know, but I believe you could ask somebody here on this forum to bid for you.

imageimageimage >>

That would be more than generous as I am a complete stranger with just 3 posts image I only found this site by following a link left by Wybrit on the pre-decimal forum where I post occasionally as Gary D
  • Options
    Rare coin ending tonight on Teletrade!

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

• Options
    MacCrimmonMacCrimmon Posts: 7,058 ✭✭✭
    NICE CHUNK OF GOLD....
  • Options
    1723 SSC C/SS Shilling lowered to $575.

imageimageimage
    .....GOD