Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Is he serious????

Doesn't this card have to at least have a "grade" to arrive at a value? (especially that one)

LINK

I didn't think "authentic" alone would draw the asking price??
For the love of the game
And the cards that go with it

Comments

• Options
    Auction

He's quoting the Beckett raw prices, which are probably meaningless for a card like this.

Edited to add: PSA pop is 31 total, compared to 25 for the Wagner. This is a rare card in any condition.
  • Options
    Seller is a creep... His scans are stolen from t206 museum;
    t206 museum online store
  • Options
    Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭
    Has anyone reported this guy yet?
  • Options
    I look at value as what someone is willing to pay for it...not necessarily the grade. I have no problems with an "Authentic" grade. Even though the card is obviously trimmed, for other trimmed cards it is not as apparent. The "Authentic" grade furthers protects the buyer from unknowingly buying a trimmed card, and yet, still allowing cards to be encapsulated per the customers wishes.

As to the buyer's reputation and whether or not he/she truly owns the item, that is another story.
    Gold Coins
    Silver Coins

e-bay ID: grilloj39
    e-mail: grilloj39@gmail.com
  • Options
    mudflap02mudflap02 Posts: 2,060 ✭✭
    Has anyone considered the possibility that the seller is the T206 museum? The wording on the auction and the website are almost identical, and the feedback is respectable.
  • Options
    I reported it in great and CLEAR detail to eBay last week. Two days ago I finally recieve this note from the EIA (eBay Intelijints Aginsee). I think they hear with an accent. I resubmitted a report typing wicked slow this time...

I have reviewed the email you sent us, but have been unable to determine
    the problem you are trying to report.
    -
    Please reply to this email with the information below:

1. User ID(s)

2. Item/Auction number(s)

3. The issue or Problem you are attempting to report

4. Any other information you think might be important in our
    investigation.

Regards,

Kerrie
    Community Watch Team
    eBay Trust & Safety

Editted to add pertinent data;

*Mud; Nope, it's a scammer-T206 museum director fellow had reported the stolen scans as well. Check this;

VBC forum
  • Options
    This guy is stealing scans and trying for a hit check this out he is selling an 1895 N300 Mayo's Cut Plug Arlie Latham

Auction

And it looks to me like he stole it from here

martysportscards link

• Options
    While we're at it look at this one 1909 T206 Ray Demmitt PSA 4

Auction

martyspsagradedcards page

Unless this guy is Marty which I don't think he is
  • Options
    Finally, a Yankee fan I'm glad to see! Good work as usual Al -reported... Still no reply from the EIA on this Pantyload seller and his stuff ends this AM.

*In "justizzle3" 's defense, I'm sure the plastic wristband scans are his own.
  • Options
    I just sent Marty an email so we will see, we could be wrong on this one but, my gut tells me this is a scam.....

I guess I should have looked at Marty's home page Marty is located in AZ and the izzle is in OH
  • Options
    The auctions were finally removed but the seller remains. You know eBay should have NARUed the jerk. If eBay wanted to send a message out to scammers, they would have NARUed this guy and sought prosecution thru the local authorites. The guy acted with intent to commit fraud and grand larcerny but all that eBay did was remove the auctions.