Home Sports Talk
Options

kobe scores 81

kobe scores 81

Comments

• Options
    I saw the scores on yahoo sports. Is that for real? Are his teammates that bad?

RIP Snow
  • Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    It's for real. I'm guessing he took, what, 147 shots.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options

<< <i>It's for real. I'm guessing he took, what, 147 shots. >>

28 for 46. 61%
  • Options
    I scored 80 points in my freshman season in HS. That's unreal. I think this Kobe kid has a chance to be pretty good image
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    He scores 81 and his team is still a .500 team.

Jordan he is not.

• Options

<< <i>He scores 81 and his team is still a .500 team.

Jordan he is not. >>

This exactly why the Lakers are a .500 team.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <<< He scores 81 and his team is still a .500 team. >>>

He scored in Denver one time also.
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭

<< <i>I saw the scores on yahoo sports. Is that for real? Are his teammates that bad? >>

Yes. Maybe even worse than that.
  • Options
    I was shocked when I read it on yahoo sports.

It shows that Wilts record could fall unexpectedly; never know.
  • Options
    GOODLIEUGOODLIEU Posts: 629 ✭✭
    A more important question to me is what the heck were the Toronto Raptors doing out there. If I was coaching that team Kobe would of had three defenders on him for the whole fourth quarter. Let Devan George or Chris Mihm have 25 points quarter before going into the record books with this embarrassing effort.
  • Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Jordan he is not. >>

This exactly why the Lakers are a .500 team. >>

Exactly. If he didn't score, they would be a .250 team. Give the guy a little credit folks. He scored 81 freakin' points. That's pretty incredible.

Shane

• Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    True. Kidding aside, 81 points is pretty impressive.

Poor guy has Rickey Henderson's timing, though. All I saw on Sports Center at the gym this morning was football, Allen Iverson and Ray Allen.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    Second highest ever next to Chamberlain's 100 point game.

What's funny is how people asking, "Wow, but did they win"?
  • Options
    I just now read the story on ESPN. In the third quarter, the Lakers were down 18 points (71-53). That's when Kobe cranked it up. He had 55 points in the second half!

Everybody always blames Kobe and tells him to pass the ball. Give the guy some credit. I haven't seen anything like Kobe since MJ.

By the way, this was no overtime game. This was in regulation.

Here - read the story.

ESPN game story

Shane

• Options
    He scores 81 and his team is still a .500 team.

Actually they are 22-19 and would make the playoffs right now and look at that team around him

Funny, you were hating as usual but you actually complimented him without even knowing it
  • Options

Jordan he is not. >>

Haters need to watch a game before they hate on him. Quarters 1-2 he was trying to get his teamates involved. This got the lakers in a huge hole to the raptors. Overall the Other lakers shot 12-48, you do the math. Kobe Bryant is the only reaon the lakers win. Lamar odom has the chance to be good yet i believe he is still smoking pot which hinders his play. Kwame Brown is a bust. Sasha has a set 3 point shot and kobe gets him the ball. Smush is a solid role player avg 8 pts per game. And Chris Mihm Fouls out half way through games. Kobe took the team on his shoulders. Anyone that scores 81 points on 40 shots is incredible. Iverson avgs almost 40 shots and shoots around 40% yet people don't rag on him. Also the lakers are in the pacfic. All but one team is in the playoffs of that division right now.

Clippers
    Suns
    Lakers
    Golden State

Lakers play in the toughest division in basketball. Teams are stacked.

Suns -3 allstars
    Clippers-4 allstars
    GS-2 Allstars With Solid role players.

I find it funny while most posters here know nothing about basketball, they continue to rag on Kobe.
  • Options
    Man - you are soooo right!!

If Kobe doesn't get the MVP (if he continues the way he is playing), it would be a shame!

Shane

• Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭

<< <i>Haters need to watch a game before they hate on him. Quarters 1-2 he was trying to get his teamates involved. >>

2 Assists. He must of been trying really hard to get the others involved. He actually passed the ball to them twice.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options

<< <i>Man - you are soooo right!!

If Kobe doesn't get the MVP (if he continues the way he is playing), it would be a shame! >>

In My opinion its between him Steve Nash. I would name others on the pistons or spurs but if Tim Duncan say where to get injured they still win because of the players they have. Pistons same concept.

Steve nash means so much to his team, i being a lakers/clippers fan dred when they play the suns. HE doesnt score but he passes with such ease. He has taken that injured suns team(lost amare) and turned them into a contender for the #1 seed.
  • Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    I find it funny while most posters here know nothing about basketball, they continue to rag on Kobe.

who are "most posters" and how do you know? Just curious to see how such a bold statement can be made - no smack intended.
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    I was too busy watching ray Allen and the Sonics pts up 152 points on the Suns.

What a game...

152-149
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• Options

<< <i>I was too busy watching ray Allen and the Sonics pts up 152 points on the Suns.

What a game...

152-149 >>

In double OT yes. What was more impressive was when the Suns scored 47 in the first quarter vs the heat. Nash had a double double by end of 1st.

1420 these forums are mostly baseball/Football, You get the occasional bkb thread much like this one where someone does something insane during a game.
  • Options
    2 Assists. He must of been trying really hard to get the others involved. He actually passed the ball to them twice.

You only get an assist if someone makes a basket. The number of assists you have dosen't reflect on how many times one passes the ball

RandyMoss was correct in his assesment of the game last night. Kobe will try to get others involved only up to a point. If guys are not hitting shots Kobe will not sit around and watch his team lose without trying to take over the game and try to win it for his team. They were down by like 18 or something until he started to go off
  • Options
    ndleondleo Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope the NBA charged the Raptors and the other 10 Lakers $70 each since they just watched the game like the rest of us. I still can't believe the Raptors didn't have enough pride to at least make it hard for him.
    Mike
  • Options

<< <i>I hope the NBA charged the Raptors and the other 10 Lakers $70 each since they just watched the game like the rest of us. I still can't believe the Raptors didn't have enough pride to at least make it hard for him. >>

I could have swore the Raptors were playing defense instead of sitting on the sidelines drinking sodas watching Kobe score. image
  • Options
    I will stand by my assertion that Kobe would be happy winning scoring titles and taking the individual praise and to hell with the team titles.

It's not 'hating' to see Kobe as a selfish player. Kobe is not a team player, and never going to be.

• Options
    I totally disagree that Kobe dosen't want to win. Have you ever seen how he reacts after a loss ? How about when Detroit beat them a couple years ago. I seem to remember both him and Fisher with a couple tears in their eyes.

What it is is that Kobe wants to win but he wants to win and have it be "his" team . Right now theres no where near enough talent to even challenge for a championship but im sure Kupchak and Buss will do what they can to surround him with more talent
  • Options

<< <i>I will stand by my assertion that Kobe would be happy winning scoring titles and taking the individual praise and to hell with the team titles.

It's not 'hating' to see Kobe as a selfish player. Kobe is not a team player, and never going to be. >>

It's hating. Why would someone want Phil Jackson back as coach just to win scoring titles?? He worked on his game so hard in the off season that Magic Johnson asked him to slow down. He was embarrassed about last season and is doing everything he can to win. Winning is number one on his plate. Why would he want better players if he just wants to score large numbers?? The Lakers as a team is pretty bad. Maybe next year they will get rid of some of the lead weights around their necks. Players that will slam shots down inside 3 feet instead of blowing layups like Mihm and Brown.
  • Options
    Kobe was after the scoring title with Kate Faber.
  • Options

<< <i>Kobe was after the scoring title with Kate Faber. >>

Who had 3 other scorers in her panties too!!
  • Options
    <<< Who had 3 other scorers in her panties too!! >>>

Frankly, I always had some doubts about the alleged rape. But I do believe that Kobe definitely did do some things to that girl that she didn't want to do. Whether she was technically raped or not I guess we may never really know.

But what also always bothered me is that Kobe has a beautiful wife who obviously loves him and he blatantly cheated on her. And no question it would be quite naive to think that this was the first time. Kobe is a selfish punk, a great basketball player yes, but a selfish punk nevertheless.

• Options
    If Kobe wanted to truly win he would have set aside his differences with Shaq and kept him in town. Instead he's gotta be the biggest fish in the pond, and what have the Lakers done since Shaq left town? Hell, he was so afraid of Phil getting more press and attention so he had him run off (only to back off a year later and say he matured and wants him back...all in a year huh Kobe?)

Kobe's a selfish punk who will never elevate the players around him like a real leader would. Kobe doesn't get his teammates involved, he's too busy trying to grab the limelight in LA. He gets just over 4 assists per game in his career...so this selfishness isn't new.

Someone compared him to Iverson, saying Iverson doesn't get heat for taking shots and missing a lot more. Huh? Their field goal percentages are nearly IDENTICAL (.452 for Kobe, .453 for AI). AI has nearly double the assists per game (7.5/ game compared to 4.4), AI is sixth in the league in steals (kobe is 23rd), and their rebounds per game are nearly identical (5.1 for kobe, 4.0 for AI).

Uhm, yeah, Kobe's better than AI. not.

• Options

<< <i>If Kobe wanted to truly win he would have set aside his differences with Shaq and kept him in town. Instead he's gotta be the biggest fish in the pond, and what have the Lakers done since Shaq left town? Hell, he was so afraid of Phil getting more press and attention so he had him run off (only to back off a year later and say he matured and wants him back...all in a year huh Kobe?)

Kobe's a selfish punk who will never elevate the players around him like a real leader would. Kobe doesn't get his teammates involved, he's too busy trying to grab the limelight in LA. He gets just over 4 assists per game in his career...so this selfishness isn't new.

Someone compared him to Iverson, saying Iverson doesn't get heat for taking shots and missing a lot more. Huh? Their field goal percentages are nearly IDENTICAL (.452 for Kobe, .453 for AI). AI has nearly double the assists per game (7.5/ game compared to 4.4), AI is sixth in the league in steals (kobe is 23rd), and their rebounds per game are nearly identical (5.1 for kobe, 4.0 for AI).

Uhm, yeah, Kobe's better than AI. not. >>

Kobe has 3 championships. Al has none. What has Shaq done without Kobe?? image
  • Options
    <<< Kobe has 3 championships. Al has none. What has Shaq done without Kobe?? image >>>

jonesy - okay to use that smiley gif in the Open Forum. But we do not use that gif in Sports Talk.

Please use only gifs such as these here:

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

because you see almost none of us like each other here and if we ever run into each other at a card or coin show, we fully intend to totally ignore each other image
  • Options

<< <i><<< Kobe has 3 championships. Al has none. What has Shaq done without Kobe?? image >>>

jonesy - okay to use that smiley gif in the Open Forum. But we do not use that gif in Sports Talk.

Please use only gifs such as these here:

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

because you see almost none of us like each other here and if we ever run into each other at a card or coin show, we fully intend to totally ignore each other image >>

Whoops!! My Bad!!! (Laughing emoticon here)
  • Options

<< <i>
    Kobe has 3 championships. Al has none. What has Shaq done without Kobe?? image >>

hmmm eastern conference championships, lakers missing the playoffs?

or did you convieniently forget that?
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    Not only has Kobe done nothing without Shaq, I'd bet he goes the rest of his career not winning another team title. Unless, the Lakers make a big trade and bring another team leader to the Lakers.

It's been mentioned already, but 81 points - 2 assists really says it all.
  • Options

<< <i>Not only has Kobe done nothing without Shaq, I'd bet he goes the rest of his career not winning another team title. Unless, the Lakers make a big trade and bring another team leader to the Lakers.

It's been mentioned already, but 81 points - 2 assists really says it all. >>

Guess you didn't see the game either. image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>
    Kobe has 3 championships. Al has none. What has Shaq done without Kobe?? image >>

or did you convieniently forget that? >>

Eastern conference championships???? image

He's only been there one year!! Do you even watch basketball or just hate Kobe Bryant??
  • Options
    or did you convieniently forget that?

Just like you convienietly leave out the fact that Shaq has ANOTHER top 5 player in Wade on his team
  • Options
    It's been mentioned already, but 81 points - 2 assists really says it all.

First off, Odom is the facilitator in the offense, not Kobe . Kobe's job in the triangle is to be in positions to score the ball.

And like stated before when guys miss shots it's not Kobe's fault . You only get credited for an assist when someone makes a shot. If more would watch the games before commenting instead of just reading box scores then they would understand
  • Options
    You asked what Shaq has done with Kobe. I stated FACTS that Shaq and the Heat went to the Eastern Conference championships, while Kobe's Lakers failed to even qualify for the playoffs. Let's not forget Shaq was leading the Magic to multiple playoff appearances as well, before going to LA.

Shaq and the magic went to the finals in 94-5, went to the conference championship the next year (they lost to the Bulls team that won 70 games).

Seems Shaq has been pretty successful without Kobe tagging along.

• Options

<< <i>You asked what Shaq has done with Kobe. I stated FACTS that Shaq and the Heat went to the Eastern Conference championships, while Kobe's Lakers failed to even qualify for the playoffs. Let's not forget Shaq was leading the Magic to multiple playoff appearances as well, before going to LA.

Shaq and the magic went to the finals in 94-5, went to the conference championship the next year (they lost to the Bulls team that won 70 games).

Seems Shaq has been pretty successful without Kobe tagging along. >>

But he had one zero championships until he hooked up with Kobe. He may never win another one.
  • Options
    CardsFanCardsFan Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭

<< <i>. Let's not forget Shaq was leading the Magic to multiple playoff appearances as well, before going to LA. >>

And once again he had top 5 guard playing with him in Penny.

As far as being selfish, no one seems to remember how selfish Jordan was early in his career, and please don't forget Kobe isn't even 30 yet.
  • Options

<< <i>
    But he had one zero championships until he hooked up with Kobe. He may never win another one. >>

How many championships does Kobe have without Shaq?

• Options
    ndleondleo Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shaq is not going to win any more titles with the Pistons in the East. He is getting old and gets hurt often.

Kobe will win another title someday......if the Lakers can get a center like Shaq.
    Mike
  • Options
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

or did you convieniently forget that? >>

Emm He has 1. And then KOBE torched him in the finals. Kobe and AI are close. Iverson does have more steals but kobe doesn't play at the point, he is usually running of screens guarding the oppenents best guard. Kobe is a 1st team all league defender and almost won the DPOY last year for his defense. AI's teams have barley ever been above .500 With the talent they have now and the conference they should at least win the atlantic but they are barley above .500

Roster:

Igoudala-Solid D player, Can actually Shoot when given a shot.
    Webber- Getting older but still one of the top fowards in atlantic.
    Dalembert- Underrated Center that can block, score inside and rebound like crazy.
    Korver- Guy can shoot lights out period. One of Best pure shooters
    Iverson

Lakers
    Kobe
    Kwame- BUST BUST BUST avg 5 pts 5 rebounds for his career, #1 draft pick but still starts
    Odom- Solid player Double Double per night unless he is HIGH
    Smush parker- Solid player having a career year at 9 points per game
    Chris Mihm- Solid if he doesn't foul out by the half.

Kobe is doing so much with so little, even shaq said he was suprised with the lakers. Coming from a guy that dislikes kobe it means something.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>
    But he had one zero championships until he hooked up with Kobe. He may never win another one. >>

How many championships does Kobe have without Shaq? >>

A lot of people tend to forget that Shaq has always had a ALLSTAR guard with him at all times in his career.

Orlando- Penny Hardaway, Considered at the time to rival Michael. Was huge back in the day.

Lakers- Eddie Jones(before kobe)

Lakers- Kobe Bryant

Heat- Dwyane Wade(some consider the most flashy and best slasher in the game at the point, Can get a triple double nightly)

He always has a sidekick and then kicks him to the curb.

Orlando shaq said its me or penny, when penny was getting pub and shaq wasn't.

Lakers- Kobe or ME.

This time he will be too old though to do it to wade. He will retire a heat player. WITHOUT a title.

Pistons, CAVS(next year) Spurs all have better team basketball teams.
  • Options
    I just this heard on the Dan Patrick Show on ESPN Radio. We all know that Wilt played the full 48 minutes during his 100 point game. Kobe only played 41 minutes. So, they went back and looked at the last 7 minutes of his previous game and added that to his 81 point game. So, the last 48 minutes, Kobe has scored 94 points! Unbelieveable.

Shane