Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Does anybody, anyone at all, have any 1957 Topps Basketball psa 8s for sale?

Would LOVE to acquire some 1957 Topps basketball in psa 8 or 9, yet very few examples ever show up on ebay and none are for sale in any big dealer online inventories. What's the story behind the non-availablity of product here?!?!?

Comments

• Options
    DavalilloDavalillo Posts: 1,846 ✭✭
    PSA 8s are legitamately scarce. Most 57-8 Topps are found o/c and pops for many cards are low. I am down to 15 cards in 8 and the ones I need seem to go for $1,200-$3,000.

The man in 57 Topps as in all vintage basketball sets is Mike Rakosi--who always seems to know where the bodies are buried so to speak in vintage bskbl--I would contact him--but be prepared to pay multiples of smr for a lot of the cards.

Dav
  • Options
    aro13aro13 Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭
    hbsturn - Best of luck! When you do pick up some 8's can you email me what you have for sale in 7's. I am close to 85% complete but I need to upgrade some of my 6's and 8 OC's.
  • Options
    Albie,
    Got your email - I will try to get you some scans tomorrow.
    Harold
  • Options
    Does anyone have any good scans of a PSA 9 Russell rookie? I've never seen one (besides in a Superior Sports auction about 10 years, albeit in black and white newsprint).

• Options
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭

<< <i>PSA 8s are legitamately scarce. Most 57-8 Topps are found o/c and pops for many cards are low. I am down to 15 cards in 8 and the ones I need seem to go for $1,200-$3,000.

The man in 57 Topps as in all vintage basketball sets is Mike Rakosi--who always seems to know where the bodies are buried so to speak in vintage bskbl--I would contact him--but be prepared to pay multiples of smr for a lot of the cards.

Dav >>

WOw almost seems like it would be cheaper to bust packs!!
  • Options
    DavemriDavemri Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭
    Several PSA 8's just hit ebay.
    good luck

dave

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!
  • Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    This isn't a question about 57 Topps but do any of you know where one could find a 1979 Topps Sam Lacey card #28 in PSA 8 or 9? also Caldwell Jones #33. Last but not least cards #28, 57 or 91 from the 1977 Topps set are eluding me. Figured that some of the vintage basketball collectors out there might know good sources for more modern basketballl.....thanks if you can help

al.
  • Options
    BkritzBkritz Posts: 1,093 ✭✭
    I just got a nice 1957 topps PSA 7 of Phil Jordon back today. Anyone know what it might go for? He is a Knick.

Bkritz
  • Options
    DavalilloDavalillo Posts: 1,846 ✭✭
    $112.50 give or take a dollar.