Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

POLL: Do you like the week long "Swap Thread?"

Now that we have tried a week long swap thread, I thought I would see how people like the idea. We have been doing weekend swap threads and SSPs, do you think this is better or were things o.k. like they were?
If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
1987-C Hendersonville Road
Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com

Comments

• PreussenPreussen Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭
    I like swap threads ok, but I also enjoy seeing (and occasionally posting) individual SSPs. Swap threads tend to get pretty long, and I wonder how much attention the later posts receive. Just my 2¢ - Preussen
    "Illegitimis non carborundum" -General Joseph Stilwell. See my auctions
  • ajaanajaan Posts: 17,071 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good point.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • wybritwybrit Posts: 6,952 ✭✭✭
    I agree with Preussen 100%. I like both vehicles.
    Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.
  • coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,721 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the SSP threads too...

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I like it, thigs are easy to find and it cuts down on SSPs. >>

Thigs (i.e., Thiggies, are easier to find on the Open Forum. image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I like swap threads ok, but I also enjoy seeing (and occasionally posting) individual SSPs. Swap threads tend to get pretty long, and I wonder how much attention the later posts receive. Just my 2¢ - Preussen >>

I disagree on the later posts part. PCGS used to have the number of views next to each thread a while ago I believe,if that system was still on,the swap would have had the record of views. In the last one, I posted an additional non ebay coin on Monday and it was sold within hours.

But I have nothing against SSPs from regulars ,especially when one of us has a number of usually interesting items to sell, I did one very recently myself with a giveaway. No need to abuse the system with repeat SSPs for one or two common items at a time either. Mostly, it's the ones from people who only come for this that I find annoying, but to repeat Clankeye's astute observation, the Darkside has a great way of self regulating itself.

Anyway, our weekend swap lasts in fact half the week, if someone wants to post a late item in the middle of the week, I don't see the problem.Again, time will tell which system suits us best. To me these swaps are definetely very important threads for both buying and selling.

Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • ColinCMRColinCMR Posts: 1,482 ✭✭✭
    i like both too. Usually bigger items are in SSP threads and the swap thread has everything from 5 cent coins and up.
  • PreussenPreussen Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I like swap threads ok, but I also enjoy seeing (and occasionally posting) individual SSPs. Swap threads tend to get pretty long, and I wonder how much attention the later posts receive. Just my 2¢ - Preussen >>

I disagree on the later posts part. . >>

Dimitri: Do you disagree with "Swap threads tend to get pretty long..." or "I wonder..." image

image - Preussen
    "Illegitimis non carborundum" -General Joseph Stilwell. See my auctions
  • wildjagwildjag Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭
    I like both the swap and the SSP's. However I just wish more people would sell more German States (especially Hannover or Hamburg) coinage, which is a rare occurance image
  • SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭✭
    Preussen: the I wonder part. image

Try posting some of your beauties late in a weekend swap and see how quickly they will be gone, especially if the price is right. image

Apparently you'll also make wildjag happy. image
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3