Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

Just when you thought it was safe to collect Canadian coins

Take a look at what this modern Canadian Dollar brought.

1967 Dollar

BTW, I think it is way overgraded by ICCS standards. It's not too pretty IMO.

DPOTD-3
'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don

Comments

• AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭
    I would not think that a 5 would be that hard to make on one of these!image
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • ajaanajaan Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Three graded by ICCS as of January 2005. I wonder how many have been graded since. I also wonder how many more will be submitted now.

DPOTD-3

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • goossengoossen Posts: 492 ✭✭
    there is no safe place...
    My coins with pictures: http://www.paraguaycoins.com/
  • wybritwybrit Posts: 6,952 ✭✭✭
    $1,000 + poorly spent IMO.
    Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.
  • MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    But that coin would be a MS67 at PCGS!!!
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭

<< <i>$1,000 + poorly spent IMO. >>

I wonder if a PCGS 65 would bring this kind of money?image
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • PBRatPBRat Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭
    Wow. I'd expect a flood of 1967 dollar submissions to ICCS.

BTW, I think it is way overgraded by ICCS standards. It's not too pretty IMO.

Eye appeal means nothing at ICCS. The strike looks good, and the surface looks clean. Can't really tell the lusture from the scan, though it does appear to be a bit hazy.
  • newsmannewsman Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>$1,000 + poorly spent IMO. >>

I wonder if a PCGS 65 would bring this kind of money?image >>

Depends on who needs it for a registry set. image
    The haziness is what I was referring to when I said not too pretty.

DPOTD-3

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • shirohniichanshirohniichan Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭
    Why do I get the feeling that AH Collectibles is going to be cranking out 1967 dollars in ACG MS-66 and above?
    Obscurum per obscurius
    I believe that will be the highest price ever paid for a MS65 1967 Dollar. I see a flood of them being certified.

DPOTD-3

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • newsmannewsman Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Why do I get the feeling that AH Collectibles is going to be cranking out 1967 dollars in ACG MS-66 and above? >>

They could certainly try. But lately they seem to be having a hard time maintaining consumer confidence. I wonder why. image
  • coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,721 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What Wybrit said...

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• A grading service rarity. Not that I think gem Mint State examples of this dollar are plentiful... but, I sure think there are enough of them out there to take that price down.
    Brevity is the soul of wit. --William Shakespeare
  • theboz11theboz11 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭
    That set that is for sale in the swap post has a nicer one and I can't get the price of the gold for the set, something is wrong here.image
  • coinpicturescoinpictures Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭
    That is one fugly coin.

Time to dig through the modern mint set crap at the local dealer...

*bleagh*
  • 1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    I wonder if that haze is PVC damage?

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭

Madness.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
    How much is it worth to be one of the first three on the ICCS block with a '67 in 65?
    Obscurum per obscurius
  • bosoxbosox Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭✭
    Only takes two to go nuts. Wonder what my 1858 cent pattern in copper nickel (Pop 5 total) is worth based on the scale this goose established? image
    Numismatic author & owner of the Uncommon Cents collections. 2011 Fred Bowman award winner, 2020 J. Douglas Ferguson award winner, & 2022 Paul Fiocca award winner.

http://www.victoriancent.com

<< <i>Only takes two to go nuts. Wonder what my 1858 cent pattern in copper nickel (Pop 5 total) is worth based on the scale this goose established? image >>

It's worth 3/5 the hammer price of his coin (his is one of 3 while yours is only one of 5).

Obscurum per obscurius
    My last post was a bad attempt at sarcasm. In all seriousness I paid $1000 a year ago for this PCGS MS-65 Red coin. Would you rather have the goose at $1,300? Not me.

Numismatic author & owner of the Uncommon Cents collections. 2011 Fred Bowman award winner, 2020 J. Douglas Ferguson award winner, & 2022 Paul Fiocca award winner.

My last post was a bad attempt at sarcasm. In all seriousness I paid $1000 a year ago for this PCGS MS-65 Red coin. Would you rather have the goose at $1,300? Not me.

• coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,721 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would not pay that kind of money for the Goose either... don't care about the grade. Why? because there are boat loads of others that may not be quite that nice, but nice enough for me and I would rather spend real money for real rarity.image

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

It would be hard for me to part with $1,000 or even a few hundred dollars for a clad coin in higher MS grades just because there are so many substitutes available for less than a few bucks. For example, if 1969 25 cent pieces in MS67 had a pop of 1 and there weren't any known hoards, one could still get a PL example in 67 or so for the price of a few PL sets. On the other hand, there aren't any cheap 1899 cents in SP65 one could use as a substiture for an MS65 example.
    Obscurum per obscurius