Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

Comments

• danglendanglen Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭
    Who says you can't find bargains on eBay? image
    danglen

My Website

"Everything I have is for sale except for my wife and my dog....and I'm not sure about one of them."
  • SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm tempted :

Shipping Cost : INR 5,000.00 (~$111)
    Services Available : Buyer Picks Up And Pays image

and if we add the 10000 rupees for insurance, we have a ~$332 total for shipping alone,totally understandable for such a rare item. image
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Oh wow. Jacking up the price of some 10cent coin to some hundreds of dollar item? *lol*

(Time to get hundreds of those)
    List of my partial coin list: My Coin List
  • Along the same vein:
    Mexican 5000 Peso coin
    $5000 Mexican Peso (1988) worth $465.92 U.S. Dollars
    only $300!

Poor fellow may not know of the '92 reform that changed 1000 old Pesos into 1 New Peso. Then again...
    Brad Swain

World Coin & PM Collector
    My Coin Info Pages <> My All Experts Profile
  • ajaanajaan Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just think, I used to spend those by the handful when I lived in Thailand.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • sumnomsumnom Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭
    I see the starting bid has been set at a very reasonable $332,000. Who will bid on this "embossed" coin that is "very important to Hindu families?"
  • sumnomsumnom Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭
    Just think, I used to spend those by the handful when I lived in Thailand.

Had you only known you could have retired by now.
    It is obviously due to the 10 cent listing offer that ebay had yesterday. But what if someone with a fake account snipes it at the end? Chances are he won't know the procedure to cancel the sale and will be charged with the appropriate fees. image
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
    I sent the seller a question, asking him the date of the coin and if it was from Thailand. Here's his response:

hello,
    this is india coin not thai and this is more then 1100 years old coin cheak manufacturing year on coin

Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • theboz11theboz11 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭
    They had very good Eyeglasses ,1100 years agoimage And their Minting capability was very advanced. How did we lose this technique? Must have been the Dark Ages.image
  • ajaanajaan Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>more then 1100 years old coin cheak manufacturing year on coin >>

the manufacturing date says 2520. So I guess the coin is from the future. WOW!!!!

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • danglendanglen Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭
    Thought the seller's feedback was interesting, three positives, three negatives. Every one of the people leaving feedback has been NARUd. image

Deal Incomplete, as the buyer has not made the payment as yet. Please make the payment at the earliest to get this rating edited and avoid further action
    Seller themall-inc ( 664)
    no longer a registered user Mar-21-05 09:05

no response
    Seller chennaishoping ( 507)
    no longer a registered user Mar-05-05 03:00

payment not received
    Seller dhundo ( 578)
    no longer a registered user Mar-04-05 21:42

good buyer always welcome
    Seller jewelsmart_in1 ( 255)
    no longer a registered user Mar-02-05 08:29
    Reply by aggarwal377: Payment Sent! Mar-03-05 03:41

Good buyer...
    Seller dhundo ( 578)
    no longer a registered user Feb-25-05 03:43

Good buyer, kindly leave positive ratings.
    Seller india_krafts ( 298)
    no longer a registered user Dec
    danglen

My Website

"Everything I have is for sale except for my wife and my dog....and I'm not sure about one of them."
  • nicholasz219nicholasz219 Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭
    Well, I will be posting a set of BU Jefferson nickels which are very important to American families from the late 1990's for only $15.3 million dollars.

Act fast now guys.

• AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭
    He is also offering This rare item for $443,000.00.

What is really interesting about it is that "According to the other studies it is came to know that the coin is minted in around 20BC, by the technique of stamping. ."

He also has a solid feedback rating, so we know he is someone we can trust!
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • coinpicturescoinpictures Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭
    That boy obviously needs to be smacked in the head with a Clue-by-four...
  • wybritwybrit Posts: 6,952 ✭✭✭
    it is came to know that the coin is minted in around 20BC,

If it isn't dated as such, then it's a fake!! image
    Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.
  • Whee, Coinpictures: You nabbed a beaut. Yes, it's Thai writing, and the current Thai king.

Ajaan is right. The date is year 2520, but that doesn't mean the coin's from the future. What Ajaan didn't mention is that in Thailand they use the Buddhist calendar, dating from the birth of The Buddha. If I remember correctly, in Thailand today's date is 2549. So that would make the coin 29 years old or minted in 1977 A.D.

I see the word "Baht" on the coin, above the date to the left. There's no number, so I assume it's one baht -- or about 2.2 pennies. The man shown on the front is the current much-revered king of Thailand, portrayed as a middle-aged man -- just right for 28 years ago.

In the condition the coin is in, my estimate is that it's a well circulated one baht piece, worth, as I said, about 2.2 cents. I'd figure 3 pennies to be on the safe side.

And he's asking a modest $330,000 for it? That's an 11 million TIMES mark-up -- figure 1.1 Billion percent.

I love that so-called eBay fraud division. Has anybody bothered to write to them? I'll bet you a bright new one baht coin that if you do, they'll send you a nice form letter and let this guy go on selling it. The only redeeming feature of that would be that nobody would dream of buying it.

Happy new year,

Just Having Fun!
    Jefferson nickels, Standing Libs, and US-Philippines rock