Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

ANYONE get ANACS grades lately?

just curious...

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

Comments

• Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭✭
    No grades,but now that you mention it, I regret having sold an Anacs coin recently, I believe people will soon be paying premiums just for the old small and nice holder. image
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options

<< <i>No grades,but now that you mention it, I regret having sold an Anacs coin recently, I believe people will soon be paying premiums just for the old small and nice holder. image >>

I dissagree. I see the small old holders will be seen as problem holders for several reasons:

1. ANACS will not guarantee a cross into the new holder. You have to pay $5 for a regrade and it may not cross.

2. They are still going to use the small holders for problem coins and NO problem coins are going to be placed in the new holders.

In my opinion, over time people are going to see the small holder as a problem holder and the newer slab as the "real" problem free coins. I hope this doesn't happen but I think it will.

Cameron Kiefer
  • Options
    AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭
    I found both of the above comments interesting. I think it may take several years before the market opinion on the old ANACS slabs forms, but I don't feel any need to get my ANACS coins into teh new slabs right now.
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com