Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

postal service/ ebay question

If a parcel is lost by the US Postel Service (and I am not slamming them yet...), is it the buyer or sellers responsibility to pursue the Claim?

I ask because it seems that they require original receipts of the postal shipment which the seller would have and evidence of value (payment) which both the buyer and seller should be able to produce. Thanks for the thoughts and condolences during this cheerful and festive Holiday Season... please puke after you have responded...image

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

Comments

• Options
    laurentyvanlaurentyvan Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭
    Regardless of documentation or context, it always sucks! Hoping the early new year will bring you a happy resolution.image
    One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics
    is that you end up being governed by inferiors. – Plato
  • Options
    theboz11theboz11 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭
    It is the sellers Post Office that must trace and claimimage
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The seller, but the buyer may have to fill out a form attesting to the value, price paid that is, of the item.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well there is always hope and happy endings... My missing item was delivered today... It was sent 11/28 priority. I am not slamming the US Postal Service but at least it has a good ending and the item was quite acceptable for the grade, even though it failed the original surfaces designation.

• Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Must have taken a trip around the country.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My bet is on around the world, but it didn't take 80 days...image I am not slamming the Postal Service... it arrived in one piece...image

• Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭✭
    The only parcel I ever lost in 6 years out of more than 500 incoming and outgoing coin parcels,90% of which to and from the US, was an insured Meiji3 50 sen PCGS MS63, with wonderful colours from greattoning. I actually did nothing at all but wait. Dick (to his honour) ended up doing all the paperwork and the insurance finally paid him the entire $330 (final ebay) value of that superbly coloured 50 sen, after which he immediately sent me a check,although the whole procedure took more than 15 months and mostly it was really a shame as it was not an average unc M3 50 sen:

imageimage

So yes, I believe it's up to the seller to claim the insurance and the rest.

PS:'kat, glad it finally arrived in one piece. image What was it BTW?
    PS2: Now that we mentioned this, I believe I'm about to add a second lost one, again an incoming one from the US, but of minimal value. Still a nice holey bust half. image
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    PreussenPreussen Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭
    When the coins were stolen from my shipment from NEN a few months ago, I (the addressee) initiated the claim, and I received the insurance check directly from the USPS. To my knowledge, the shipper (NEN) was never even contacted by the USPS regarding the claim. - Preussen
    "Illegitimis non carborundum" -General Joseph Stilwell. See my auctions