Home PSA Set Registry Forum

RESEALED 1962 BASEBALL WAX PACK - LOOKING FOR bxb !

2»

Comments

• I am interested in the same question as Mike Schmidt. I intend on collecting unopened material from the 1960s and 1970s. Obviously, I do not want any part of a GAI graded "unopened" product prior to October 1, 2005 based on Ryan's experience. Will there be some sort of symbol that will differentiate a GAI graded product that was analyzed after October 1, 2005? image

Ron
    Ron Sanders Jr.
  • MantlefanMantlefan Posts: 1,079 ✭✭
    Same question as Mitochondria.
    Frank

Always looking for 1957 Topps BB in PSA 9!
  • GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    Same question as Mantlefan.
    Add in- do Mike and Steve share your same concern regarding every pack they have graded from their inception until October?

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    Same question also.

How should I feel, then, about the GAI packs in my collection - all bought in the last few years? Are they not authentic?
  • Your packs are all fine, not to worry. Currently, the only way to tell if I authenticated a pack is to look up its serial number. But, rest assured, packs authenticated before I walked in on October 1st are legitimate as well. I've been with Global since their inception of authenticating unopened material. All is well and Happy New Year! -Ryan
    Wax From The Past
    Ryan Rutter
    Owner
    Cleveland, OH
    (614)946-4000

Global Authentication INC.
    Ryan Rutter
    MASTER Authenticator Of Unopened
    Irvine, CA
    (949)474-1557

GAI Authorized Dealer
    PSA Authorized Dealer

Sports Collectors Digest 13 Year Perfect Customer Service Award
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    If that is the case Ryan then why was the thread started in the first place?

SD
    Good for you.
  • MorrellManMorrellMan Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭

<< <i>If that is the case Ryan then why was the thread started in the first place?

SD >>

I'm dizzy.
    Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
  • jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭
    I am more than dizzy!
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • This thread started by Ryan trying to contact another member....fine and dandy, but 90% of the thread was devoted to Ryan glorifying his expertise at the expense of GAI and their past practices, now it seems he is back-trackiing. Excuse me, but this flip-flopping back and forth just makes the GAI pack grading process less credible, and that is shame because I do not know if this is the case or not.

Yes, everyone has a right to post here and it's a free country, etc, etc, etc....however, just because anyone can post here doesn't mean it is not inappropriate or unprofessional to do so. This thread was started by an employee who works for GAI, not PSA, as such he should be using the GAI website to post this information. I am not interested in becoming any sort of message board policeman. It's amateurish and bush-league for any GAI employee to post here, but hey... post away if you want, you won't hear another peep out of me on this issue.

Gold Coins
    Silver Coins

e-bay ID: grilloj39
    e-mail: grilloj39@gmail.com
  • This thread started by Ryan trying to contact another member....fine and dandy, but 90% of the thread was devoted to Ryan glorifying his expertise at the expense of GAI and their past practices, now it seems he is back-trackiing. Excuse me, but this flip-flopping back and forth just makes the GAI pack grading process less credible, and that is shame because I do not know if this is the case or not.

Yes, everyone has a right to post here and it's a free country, etc, etc, etc....however, just because anyone can post here doesn't mean it is not inappropriate or unprofessional to do so. This thread was started by an employee who works for GAI, not PSA, as such he should be using the GAI website to post this information. I am not interested in becoming any sort of message board policeman. It's amateurish and bush-league for any GAI employee to post here, but hey... post away if you want, you won't hear another peep out of me on this issue.

Gold Coins
    Silver Coins

e-bay ID: grilloj39
    e-mail: grilloj39@gmail.com
  • Hello to all!
    This thread was started to help another member get a refund. I'm sorry it offended so many of you. Now that I've gotten the ball rolling with the refund, I will discontinue to post on this thread. Sorry for the advertisements, etc., as I was just trying to help fellow members and answer all of your questions. If anyone has real questions for me, my contact information is below. I'll post through Global from now on. Happy New Year! -Ryan
    Wax From The Past
    Ryan Rutter
    Owner
    Cleveland, OH
    (614)946-4000

Global Authentication INC.
    Ryan Rutter
    MASTER Authenticator Of Unopened
    Irvine, CA
    (949)474-1557

GAI Authorized Dealer
    PSA Authorized Dealer

Sports Collectors Digest 13 Year Perfect Customer Service Award
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

With PSA's plans to enter the pack authenticating business this year,
    all the silly hype that has been spewed here will soon be rendered meaningless anyway.

Happy New Year! - I won't post on this subject anymore here -
    I'm going away now - I really mean it this time - no, really this time I am not kidding at all -
    I am so totally not posting on this topic again on this board ...

Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"
  • bigdcardsbigdcards Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭
    To bigdcards: "you are right" - cpamike "That is correct" -grote15