Home PSA Set Registry Forum

RESEALED 1962 BASEBALL WAX PACK - LOOKING FOR bxb !

bxb

Hello! This is Ryan Rutter with Wax From The Past. As of October 1, 2005, I'm the ONLY authenticator of ANY and ALL unopened material that walks through the doors of Global Authentication Incorporated. I view each item and give it an approval or a thumbs down. I DON'T assign a number grade of 1 - 10, I just AUTHENTICATE the unopened item. Mike Baker then assigns a number GRADE to the wax, cello, rack, box, vending, etc, and the item is then sent to Sealing and Encapsulation. If I assigned a grade, I feel that this would be a conflict of interest because I sell unopened material too. All of you have seen our advertisements in Sports Collectors Digest, Beckett, and Tuff Stuff issues.
I'm NOW also in charge of customer service and ANY issues related. I read your post about the 1967 Topps Baseball wax pack that you recently opened with the contents containing writing on one of the cards inside. I'm ashamed! I also did some investigating and noticed that the '67 pack in question was authenticated over a year ago, by the FORMER authenticator for Global. A mistake of this caliber is, without question, UNACCEPTABLE in my book and I look to reimburse you for your trouble. I can assure to all individuals presently viewing this post as well as ANY unopened material investor and collector, that from OCTOBER 1, 2005 on, there has been ZERO errors in the AUTHENTICATING department. Prior to this date, I don't know. But one thing is for certain, in this tiny niche of the market, I will declare to you that the pack collector and investor DOES NOT NEED TO QUESTION the legitimacy of ANY unopened item encapsulated by Global for I'm 100% certain of my authenticating expertise. This is not an ego inflation nor an exaggeration of truth; this is fact, pure and simple. I'll be the first to admit that I don't have the slightest clue if a Babe Ruth autograph is real or if a card is trimmed or fake, but I do know unopened material 100%! I have the ability to verify if a pack has been tampered with in ways unknown to most individuals in the business today. I will even do fingerprint and DNA analysis if recommended by a court of law. I've testified, under oath, to the courts in several cases that items were resealed to bring justice to the court. I've ALWAYS been on the winning side of the verdicts!
Bxb, please contact me at (614)946-4000 as you deserve a refund. Your compensation will be administered by me, Ryan Rutter, and you will receive what you're due. Again, if ANY members can help me to find BXB, feel free to call as well. Please remember that I can't police the entire world, but I will make good on a legitimate claim for the sake of my peace of mind, even if it comes out of my pocket. I could only imagine your surprise when you saw writing on that card. Let me help you.
Below is a paragraph about my company, Wax From The Past. See me at ALL major conventions across the country with some of the most unique and legitimate inventory on the planet! Come by the GAI booth and ask me any question about any unopened item! I want to put a customer name with a face for unopened material is my passion. Notice in the coming new year how the unopened material submission turnaround times will shorten. Feel free to dial either of my lines from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM in the given time zone and speak to me in person! I'll welcome your call! Thank you for reading this, -Ryan Hello and thank you for contacting us! You've picked the right place! I'd prefer to speak with you in person about your unopened needs as we possess inventory dating back to the 1940's. If there's a certain year where you'd like to begin, it's most likely available here! If it's a single pack or a sealed case, be assured that it's of the highest quality available!

Wax From The Past has been involved within the unopened market since May, 1980. Since inception, we've handled most unopened products produced by past and current companies alike. We strive to locate undiscovered treasures only previously seen in the year of issue! Our company prides ourselves with our knowledge of authenticity, professionalism, and customer service. We're backed by Global Authentication Incorporated, (GAI), and positioned as the only MASTER Authenticator of Unopened Materials in the world. Our expertise in this niche is guaranteed to be 100% that the products we buy and sell are COMPLETELY and UNDENIABLY authentic. No other company can claim the above! Please feel free to contact us anytime with ANY questions at either our Cleveland, OH office or our Irvine, CA location and thank you for your interest in our company!

Wax From The Past
Ryan Rutter
Owner
Cleveland, OH
(614) 946-4000

Global Authentication INC.
Ryan Rutter
MASTER Authenticator
Irvine, CA
(949)474-1557

Global Authentication INC. Authorized Dealer
Sports Collectors Digest 13 Year Perfect Customer Service Award
Wax From The Past
Ryan Rutter
Owner
Cleveland, OH
(614)946-4000

Ryan Rutter
MASTER Authenticator Of Unopened
Irvine, CA
(949)474-1557

GAI Authorized Dealer
PSA Authorized Dealer

Comments

• IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,457 ✭✭✭✭
    How good are the people going to feel that had packs authenticated prior to October 1st?
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • You authenticate and sell?????? Still a conflict of interest in my book, no matter what spin you put on it. *frown*
  • gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭

<< <i>You authenticate and sell?????? Still a conflict of interest in my book, no matter what spin you put on it. *frown* >>

If you think about it, who would be better to authenticate - than a dealer whose full time job is to buy and sell vintage unopened material. Steve Hart from the BBCExchange will provide an opinion on unopened material - is that a conflict of interest?

Regards,

Greg M.
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg

• << <i>You authenticate and sell?????? Still a conflict of interest in my book, no matter what spin you put on it. *frown* >>

So You will stand up and say the same thing when Steve at BBC is authenticating packs for PSA? Steve is doing the same thing, its just PSA and not GAI.

Steves argument is he already authenticates the stuff he sells already, and stands behind it.

I am not arguing with you, but it seems it needs to be fair accross the board. Whats good for one company needs to be good for the other, and whats not acceptable for one cant be acceptable for the other.

The Link below will take you to the PSA Boards 1952 Set Build, I also have made 5 slideshows each slideshow is 100 cards long, card numbers 1-99,100-199,200-299,300-399, and 400-407
    Link To Scanned 1952 Topps Cards Set is now 90% Complete Plus Slideshows of the 52 Set
  • jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I am not arguing with you, but it seems it needs to be fair accross the board. Whats good for one company needs to be good for the other, and whats not acceptable for one cant be acceptable for the other >>

Maybe hen he should take this up on the GAI message board and not the competitors? This would be like Ford trying to fix a problem on the Chevy message board!
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658

• << <i>

<< <i>I am not arguing with you, but it seems it needs to be fair accross the board. Whats good for one company needs to be good for the other, and whats not acceptable for one cant be acceptable for the other >>

Maybe hen he should take this up on the GAI message board and not the competitors? This would be like Ford trying to fix a problem on the Chevy message board! >>

Huh? I was refering to hubcaps remark regarding Authentication and dealers who sell and authenticate, My point is, if its not ok in peoples book for GAI to do it becuse its a conflict, then one must apply the same reasoning to PSA doing the same thing, Just becuse the names change, that does not make it right.

I personally would like a third party authenticator and grader doing it, with no affiliation to selling the same packs they grade, unfortunately it seems as if the knowledgable people in this area is somewhat limited hence, this is what we are left with like it or not. So we can as collectors decide if we want to buy unopened or not. Ultimatly, its each persons decision.

The Link below will take you to the PSA Boards 1952 Set Build, I also have made 5 slideshows each slideshow is 100 cards long, card numbers 1-99,100-199,200-299,300-399, and 400-407
    Link To Scanned 1952 Topps Cards Set is now 90% Complete Plus Slideshows of the 52 Set
  • Ryan,
    We will see how much customer service means to you by tommorow (12/24).....wont we??????
    CONFLICT OF INTEREST for sure. I have no beef with Gai and I think competition is great for everyone but having Ryan set up with his unopened inventory behind the tables of GAI and then sitting down and authenticating packs just didnt look right.
    Maybe there shouldnt be a number assigned to packs.Just either legit or tampered.Let the customer decide what they are willing to pay for unopened.That would take away the temptation to grade your own stuff "10s".
  • stevekstevek Posts: 28,695 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <<< DOES NOT NEED TO QUESTION the legitimacy of ANY unopened item encapsulated by Global for I'm 100% certain of my authenticating expertise. >>>

Okay, I'll bite. What is your "experience" and why should I spend good money on a GAI slabbed unopened pack say from the 1960s. Please don't tell us about your expertise once the pack is opened. Keep the focus on your expertise and techniques on determining why a pack is considered unopened before it is slabbed. And if you are going to state that those "procedures" for authentication are Top Secret, then don't waste time with a response.

Anyone can purchase a blacklight of some type and visually see if some amateur has used cheap glue to reseal a pack. The problem is that maybe there are ways of resealing without detection from a blacklight? And I don't even know whether a blacklight is even used in this autheticating procedure. You're the "expert" - you tell us why we should trust a GAI slabbed "unopened" pack to truly be unopened?
  • goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    Cleveland, OH
    (614) 946-4000

That's a Columbus Ohio Area code.
  • Hello,
    Yes, I know. I own property in Westerville, Worthington, and Dublin OH. I kept the number because of it's ease to remember.
    Wax From The Past
    Ryan Rutter
    Owner
    Cleveland, OH
    (614)946-4000

Ryan Rutter
    Irvine, CA
    (949)474-1557

GAI Authorized Dealer
    PSA Authorized Dealer

• packs authenticated prior to October 1st were authenticated by no slouch. The only error made was the authentication of the popular 1970-1972 "grocery cellos" as these are NOT legitimate Topps issues that were distributed and marketed nationwide. Just trying to cover all the bases here.
    Wax From The Past
    Ryan Rutter
    Owner
    Cleveland, OH
    (614)946-4000

Ryan Rutter
    Irvine, CA
    (949)474-1557

GAI Authorized Dealer
    PSA Authorized Dealer

• Well, frown,
    Sorry to hear your feelings. Seems that anyone can sell unopened and not be aware it the product is good or tampered with. If I was a collector, I'd want to purchase a pack from someone who guarantees its authenticity. With me, there's no question. And by the way, the high end unopened material that Wax from The Past displays at conventions comes from our long time customers who consign their treasures to us. Ask away as I've got nothing to hide. I'm just trying to provide a legitimate service for the collector and investor. My 11,500+ customers seem to feel differently than you.
    Wax From The Past
    Ryan Rutter
    Owner
    Cleveland, OH
    (614)946-4000

Ryan Rutter
    Irvine, CA
    (949)474-1557

GAI Authorized Dealer
    PSA Authorized Dealer

• 1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    Ryan - Does GAI know that you are posting this on these boards?
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • My thoughts will NEVER change on this topic. Steve Hart and I are good friends and we both know that there's a fine line between authenticating and grading. Like I stated previously, I authenticate the item, anyone can assign a "10" or a "6.5" to the label. Authenticating and Grading at GAI are two completely different departments.
    Wax From The Past
    Ryan Rutter
    Owner
    Cleveland, OH
    (614)946-4000

Ryan Rutter
    Irvine, CA
    (949)474-1557

GAI Authorized Dealer
    PSA Authorized Dealer

• I chose to post here because there's a lot of confusion within the marketplace right now. I'm here politely answer questions and provide a service, that's all.
    Wax From The Past
    Ryan Rutter
    Owner
    Cleveland, OH
    (614)946-4000

Ryan Rutter
    Irvine, CA
    (949)474-1557

GAI Authorized Dealer
    PSA Authorized Dealer

• You can count the individuals on one hand that truly "know" unopened material.
    Wax From The Past
    Ryan Rutter
    Owner
    Cleveland, OH
    (614)946-4000

Ryan Rutter
    Irvine, CA
    (949)474-1557

GAI Authorized Dealer
    PSA Authorized Dealer

• Please reread my initial post. I don't put a number on a pack, I authenticate the pack, plain and simple.
    Wax From The Past
    Ryan Rutter
    Owner
    Cleveland, OH
    (614)946-4000

Ryan Rutter
    Irvine, CA
    (949)474-1557

GAI Authorized Dealer
    PSA Authorized Dealer

• Number one. A "black light" is not used.

Authentication is determined by a roller mark examination.
    Authentication is determined by a corner fold inspection.
    Authentication is determined by gum size measurement for the given year.
    Authentication is determined by proper card quantity per pack for a given year.
    Authentication is determined by fingerprint analysis.
    Authentication is determined by proper wax, cello, rack, vending, etc. seal patterns for each given year.
    Authentication is determined by different wrapper variations for a given year to negotiate series designation.
    Authentication is determined by myself ONLY, who privately owns examples of every year of unopened material going back to the 1940's purchased by my grandfather in the year of issue. That was hindsight, not by coincidence, but because he loved sports.

This is fact and for these reasons, Steve Rocchi, Mike Baker, and Howard Kent include me in the organization known as GAI.
    Wax From The Past
    Ryan Rutter
    Owner
    Cleveland, OH
    (614)946-4000

Ryan Rutter
    Irvine, CA
    (949)474-1557

GAI Authorized Dealer
    PSA Authorized Dealer

• I think what PSA, SGC, and GAI does for the hobby is great and I buy all three products, but with that said, your post here in the PSA Forum is both unprofessional and self-serving/self-promoting to say the least. PSA is probably allowing this thread to continue because it portrays the company you work for in a negative light. Yes, your actions by posting here is unprofessional. You need to contact someone, send a PM. You want to educate us on pack authenticating and/or grading processes, then post this on GAI website. I cannot see how Mike Baker or Steve Rocchi would be pleased with you coming here. I would suggest you reconsider about posting here in the future.
    Gold Coins
    Silver Coins

e-bay ID: grilloj39
    e-mail: grilloj39@gmail.com
  • I don't follow what is supposed to happen tomorrow? Are you coming over for Christmas eve dinner with my family?
    Wax From The Past
    Ryan Rutter
    Owner
    Cleveland, OH
    (614)946-4000

Ryan Rutter
    Irvine, CA
    (949)474-1557

GAI Authorized Dealer
    PSA Authorized Dealer

• GAI does know, and is more than happy with it. Again, I've got nothing to hide here; just trying to find member bxb, to help with that situation.
    Wax From The Past
    Ryan Rutter
    Owner
    Cleveland, OH
    (614)946-4000

Ryan Rutter
    Irvine, CA
    (949)474-1557

GAI Authorized Dealer
    PSA Authorized Dealer

• << <i>GAI does know, and is more than happy with it. Again, I've got nothing to hide here; just trying to find member bxb, to help with that situation. >>

Somehow I do not believe you...so it takes 30 posts to find a member? Again, show this entire thread to Mike and then come back here and tell me he is happy with it. Your actions reflect poorly upon you and unfortunately GAI.
    Gold Coins
    Silver Coins

e-bay ID: grilloj39
    e-mail: grilloj39@gmail.com
  • grilloj39,
    Sorry to hear your dissatisfaction about my ORIGINAL AND INITIAL attempt to help one of your fellow members due to him losing a substantial amount of money on a BAD 1967 Baseball wax pack. I search for him and will now privately contact him, per your recommendation, thank you. Also, I don't care about how you feel about me posting here. I'm trying to help the masses here, the collector, and like the old saying goes, "You can't please everybody". So, now, I will not reply to any more of your posts as I feel that they are an attempt to start unnecessary trouble and static, and I simply won't waste my time with you.
    I have the utmost respect for PSA, their boards, and their company. I know these professionals well. I'm sure that PSA executives wouldn't have a problem with me admitting my concern for an individual in need of my help and a refund. I have no idea who you are!
    Wax From The Past
    Ryan Rutter
    Owner
    Cleveland, OH
    (614)946-4000

Ryan Rutter
    Irvine, CA
    (949)474-1557

GAI Authorized Dealer
    PSA Authorized Dealer

• stevekstevek Posts: 28,695 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Number one. A "black light" is not used.

Authentication is determined by a roller mark examination.
    Authentication is determined by a corner fold inspection.
    Authentication is determined by gum size measurement for the given year.
    Authentication is determined by proper card quantity per pack for a given year.
    Authentication is determined by fingerprint analysis.
    Authentication is determined by proper wax, cello, rack, vending, etc. seal patterns for each given year.
    Authentication is determined by different wrapper variations for a given year to negotiate series designation.
    Authentication is determined by myself ONLY, who privately owns examples of every year of unopened material going back to the 1940's purchased by my grandfather in the year of issue. That was hindsight, not by coincidence, but because he loved sports.

This is fact and for these reasons, Steve Rocchi, Mike Baker, and Howard Kent include me in the organization known as GAI. >>

I appreciate the reply Ryan. But evidently from various threads and even your comments, that packs which have been opened and tampered with, are being placed into GAI "unopened pack" slabs. It just seems to me that something more has to be done to ensure people that a GAI slabbed "unopened pack" truly is an unopened pack.

This has affected me. I have never bought an unopened slabbed pack but I intend to. Especially 1962 which was my first year of collecting, but I am also interested in other 60s packs, and 50s and 70s packs. But right now, sorry to say I have no confidence in GAI slabbed packs, especially for the amount of money they usually sell for. And to be fair, unless PSA comes out with an inspection/authentification system which convinces me that the packs in their slabs will truly be unopened, then I won't buy their unopened pack slabs either.

I am not an expert on blacklights or UV lights in connection with how they work to authenticate things. I think that a blacklight can show alteration of a baseball card such as recoloring or paper doctoring. I'm surprised that some sort of lighting or xray system isn't used to determine alteration of an "unopened" pack - maybe this would add too much to the cost of your service, or maybe the light is ineffective with wax paper.

• digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    If Ryan were comparing GAI and PSA graded cards, then I'd say that he was walking on thin ice, however, he's talking about authenticated unopened material, and GAI is (until PSA starts their machine) the only show in town for this sort of stuff. Many collectors here have an interest in GAI authenticated unopened material, either because we own it or because we want it. It's a service to the collectors here who have that stuff that Ryan would drop by to address some issues. Personally, I don't have any sort of stake in GAI's stuff, but I'm interested in what he has to say none the less.
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • digi,
    Thank you for your post. I'm only one individual trying to help this entire community. For now though, I must get offline and finish my Christmas shopping so it looks like Santa made an appearance. I'll reply to these boards again tomorrow. happy Holidays to everyone.
    Wax From The Past
    Ryan Rutter
    Owner
    Cleveland, OH
    (614)946-4000

Ryan Rutter
    Irvine, CA
    (949)474-1557

GAI Authorized Dealer
    PSA Authorized Dealer

• Sorry gentlemen, I was unable to read the board today because of last minute customer orders.

Ryan, I go back 47 years of collecting sportscards. The first pack I ever openend was a 57 Topps BB 5 cent pack. I have also been an exhibitor at major (and years ago minor) sportscard and memorabilia shows throughout the east coast. I do not sell cards but do get to see, meet and discuss sportscards with a lot of major exhibitors. And some of them are very close friends. So I have no ax to grind.

I think it is a conflict of interest when you are an expert in your field and you take money for your services from another company/employer while at the same time you sell items utilizing those same services in your business.

For example, there was a time when a major unopened expert authenticated unopened packs and also sold that companies graded packs (which he authenticated) at his table and through online auctions. Another major autograph authenticator for a grading company did the same thing. In fact, at the Fort you took the items to his table (where he had authenticated items for sale) for authentication, while doing the paperwork/payment at the company's booth. In both instances, comments were made that there was a conflict of interest. And it ceased. Do I think that any impropriety ever occurred? Absolutely not. They are both fine individuals and great assets to the hobby.

Do I think that you are reputable? Absolutely. I am sure you and GAI are a great asset to our hobby. I have used GAI's services before you were there for pack authentication and grading, and was very staisfied. But I remember what my Dad always told me "Hang out with the wrong kind of people, and even though you are clean, you still look bad in the eyes of others." In my humble oppinion, I think it appears to be a conflict of interest to be selling through your business the same items that you are authenticting for another company.

With respect to what Steve Hart does, I am unaware that Mr. Hart is paid by any major authentication/grading company for his services. So his opinion regarding items that he sells on his web site, at shows and online are his opinion and not that represented by another authentication company. If I am wrong, please let me know. In fact, Steve Hart is one of the most reputable and nicest gentlemen in our hobby.

Merry Xmas to everyone here and keep working on those sets!!! Ho Ho Ho *smile*
  • Ryan,
    No offense to the fine folks in Cleveland but if I was a self proclaimed unopened wax from the past hotshot/hi-roller/got tons o cash to buy everything ...Cleveland wouldnt be in my top 10 places to live. You can only go to the Velvet Dog so many nights a week. So ,no i wont be coming over for Xmas eve but thanks anyway.If i could offer one piece of advice to you, it would be as follows;
    When you work for a company(and I mean any company) you represent that company on and off duty.Even though one might have their own side deals and interests, ones actions could bring discredit to their employers.
    I dont buy unopened material and I respect the knowledge and expertise that you have but my opinion remains unchanged.
    You are definitely involved with in a conflict of interest.
    Good points Hubcap
    Happy Holidays

• << <i>

With respect to what Steve Hart does, I am unaware that Mr. Hart is paid by any major authentication/grading company for his services. So his opinion regarding items that he sells on his web site, at shows and online are his opinion and not that represented by another authentication company. If I am wrong, please let me know. In fact, Steve Hart is one of the most reputable and nicest gentlemen in our hobby.

Merry Xmas to everyone here and keep working on those sets!!! Ho Ho Ho *smile* >>

Link to PSA announcing the affiliation

• WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Steve even came here and told everyone via a thread he created
    the difference? he didn't add a spam spiel to the thread.

Steve

Good for you.
  • MorrellManMorrellMan Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭
    There are things that are just wrong. You don't let a builder be in charge of who gets building permits. You don't let a junkie handle the morphine samples. You don't let a seller of wax packs, slabbed and graded by an independent authenticator, be the official authenticator. This is like those bogus COAs that anybody can print.

Ryan, you've had numerous opportunities in these threads to admit there is a conflict of interest. The fact that you refuse and continue riding the high stepping horse you rode in on puts you in the back of the bus to me. I wish you well; however, I will not be entering the world of authenticated wax packs that you are involved with. As Shakespeare said: "The queen doth protest too much methinks." (no gender slur intended)
    Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
    However, I do like the way you build up your post count.
    Mark (amerbbcards)

I could do this all day....
    Mark (amerbbcards)

• Ryan,
    Just curious, what are your qualificiations in the field of pack authentication?? I have a very low opinion of GAI based on what I have seen from them in the card field I hope you do a better job.
    I love candy cards
  • I'm reading slams on Ryan for what some assume is a conflict of interest? Also claims he shouldn't be on the PSA message board because he works for GAI?

Like Ryan said, he obviously wanted to help a buyer out that received some item(s) that slipped through the authenticating process! Tell me any process of this kind that would be perfect? It is never going to be perfect! Just as grading cards will never be perfect! But lucky for us both processes work quite nicely with only minimal errors! The customers keep coming back for assistance in both area's. The profits to those that use these services continue to please the customer.

Ryan is once again coming forward to help someone that received bad product. He did the same for me awhile back with a corrupted 75 Topps Mini Wax Box I purchased that was claimed to have been unopened material. Along with the actions I personally took with the seller, Ryan's expert opinion and personal contacts with this seller resulted in a full refund to me. This seller had previously refused to refund my money.

The negative rhetoric toward Ryan in this thread is most uninteresting. I find the information given by Ryan to be far more interesting and very helpful to collectors. You should be happy someone out there knows the difference between legit unopened material and reseals! Instead for whatever reasons the negative outbursts have to keep flooding the registry forum?

Most of the trash talk is coming from individuals who don't even buy the product they are blasting?

One individual telling Ryan not to post threads on this forum? Who do you think you are? I believe Ryan would have had to purchase a PSA membership to post threads in this forum, would he not? I believe that gives him all the rights he needs to post here any time he wants! Even if he could post without a membership. Thank goodness this is a free country, with freedom of speech!

Best of luck finding the buyer Ryan. Feel free to drop in anytime and share your thoughts on this forum. Sadly we have had to weed through the negative rhetoric to get to the positive on this topic. Your help is much appreciated!

Happy Holidays Everyone! image

• (Thank goodness this is a free country, with freedom of speech! )

Minimaster you can't have it both ways. Just as Ryan has a right to post so does everyone also. If he wants to post here he can take resposibility for what he says and how he says it

Dave
    Visit my site @ www.djjscards.com
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Best of luck finding the buyer Ryan.

I can help in that dept. Go to the original thread and PM him.

A link to it is on page one of this thread.

Thanks for helping fellow collectors.

I believe Ryan would have had to purchase a PSA membership to post threads in this forum, would he not?

NO

Steve
    Good for you.
  • dakota,
    I agree with you about Cleveland; the winters suck here. My family is here though. I prefer sunny Southern Cal myself. I respect your points in your last post. Show promoters and the Global staff don't mind me there at the Global booth, and it's convenient for me for authenticating too.
    Wax From The Past
    Ryan Rutter
    Owner
    Cleveland, OH
    (614)946-4000

Ryan Rutter
    Irvine, CA
    (949)474-1557

GAI Authorized Dealer
    PSA Authorized Dealer

• Mark,
    I UNDERSTAND the conflict of interest point. I'll send you a shovel so you may administer several blows to my overinflated head. Really though, I'm here to help and I've contacted bxb as originally intended, so my work is done here. I'm sure he'll be posting something soon. Merry Christmas; I'm headed back to the mall and I'll be on later tonight.
    Wax From The Past
    Ryan Rutter
    Owner
    Cleveland, OH
    (614)946-4000

Ryan Rutter
    Irvine, CA
    (949)474-1557

GAI Authorized Dealer
    PSA Authorized Dealer

• Thanks T!
    We'll speak soon and Merry Christmas!!!
    Wax From The Past
    Ryan Rutter
    Owner
    Cleveland, OH
    (614)946-4000

Ryan Rutter
    Irvine, CA
    (949)474-1557

GAI Authorized Dealer
    PSA Authorized Dealer

• MantlefanMantlefan Posts: 1,079 ✭✭
    You should be happy someone out there knows the difference between legit unopened material and reseals! Instead for whatever reasons the negative outbursts have to keep flooding the registry forum?

One individual telling Ryan not to post threads on this forum? Who do you think you are? I believe Ryan would have had to purchase a PSA membership to post threads in this forum, would he not? I believe that gives him all the rights he needs to post here any time he wants! Even if he could post without a membership. Thank goodness this is a free country, with freedom of speech.

Most of the trash talk is coming from individuals who don't even buy the product they are blasting?

My issues:

[1] The only way we know he can authenticate packs is his own self-serving statements. NOBODY can 100% authenticate anything, whether it be packs, autos, etc...

[2] Why did he post on both the Set Registry board AND the Sports Card board. One would have been sufficient.

[3] I'm looking at my collection of over 50 GAI packs right now, so don't generalize about who is posting here. My concern is: Ryan insinuates that packs graded BEFORE Oct. 1 2005 are now open to question, since they were graded by a former employee who has admittedly made mistakes in the past. Is that the message GAI is trying to give us?? I don't think Steve and Mike want us thinking that way, but Ryan's post has opened up a whole kettle of worms.

Frank

Always looking for 1957 Topps BB in PSA 9!
  • sjjs28sjjs28 Posts: 458 ✭✭✭✭
    I'll toss this experience into the mix.
    As an additional highlilght to my 1967 Set (SJJS28's 1967 Set) I purchased a 1967 GAI authenticated 1967 Pack.

I wasn't sure if I was ever going to open it, but I recently opened it because I needed some nice cards for a 1967 PSA Submission.
    It was dreadful; I have no doubt that the cards were not "as offered" and the pack was unopened.

I do not collect un-opened wax, per se....
    but after this experience - I can guarentee that I won't spend another dime on a GAI Pack.

I would be happy to scan the cards for anyone that has an interest in seeing what came out of the pack.

Respectively submitted,
    Steve Saldutti "sjjs28"

Steve Saldutti
    sjjs28@comcast.net
    Collector of 1964 Topps Stand Ups, 1965 Embossed, 1968 Topps Game and 1969 Topps Decals
    Registered Sets: 1964 Stand Ups, 1965 Embossed, 1968 Topps Game, 1969 Topps Decals
    Mr. 100% Accurate (and his posts) have certainly turned me off to this part of the hobby. I would never do business with anyone so arrogant; doesn't matter what business we're talking about. By insisting on his infallibilty, he has thrown considerable darkness on the entire concept of authenticated vintage unopened packs. Nobody is never wrong; by making that claim, the implication is that nobody can prove his inaccuracy, and if that's the case, there is no science to this.

edited to add: I'll pass on the shovel, thanks; I think you need it more than I do.
    Mark (amerbbcards)

• Ryan has contacted me with respect to the '62 wax pack and asked that I send him the remains of it for a refund. Obviously, I have no problem at all with him coming to these boards to help bxb and myself, whether that be an effort to restore collector's faith in GAI pack grading or whatever. Thank you Ryan. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all!
    Collecting Vintage Baseball.
    My ebay listings
  • JMO on the outside looking in.

There is way too much negativity being thrown Ryan's way. I do not own anything GAI graded or have ever bought anything from Ryan.
    If I were going to buy unopened I would make sure someone with Ryans credentials had authenticated the material. He came here to make good on 2 errors and has started that process. I'm just wondering if you guys would be this hard on Steve Hart? I doubt it.
    Ryan and Steve along with Mark Murphy are the tops in the unopened authentication field and I think anyone of the three would admit to the others capabilities. Also its refreshing to see a company going to this extent to right a couple wrongs instead of ignoring their customers concerns and we all know what I'm refering to here.

Again JMO... cut the guy some slack.

Happy Holidays to all. Bob C.
    57 Topps (83%) 7.61
    61 Topps (100%) 7.96
    62 Parkhurst (100%) 8.70
    63 Topps (100%) 7.96
    63 York WB's (50%) 8.52
    68 Topps (39%) 8.54
    69 Topps (3%) 9.00
    69 OPC (83%) 8.21
    71 Topps (100%) 9.21 #1 A.T.F.
    72 Topps (100%) 9.39
    73 Topps (13%) 9.35
    74 OPC WHA (95%) 8.57
    75 Topps (50%) 9.23
    77 OPC WHA (86%) 8.62 #1 A.T.F.
    88 Topps (5%) 10.00
  • mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    Ryan, will there be any distinguishing way to determine packs that were authenticated by you from those that were authenticated before your tenure with GAI?

Since you have already in this post asserted that there are potentially numerous packs authenticated and graded before your tenure with GAI - how can one be reasonably assured of *any* packs graded before that time? And you mention that the person grading them was "no slouch" - but my understanding is that there have been multiple pack graders/authenticators before your time. Are you taking a particular position on all of them or just some of them?
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Ron Sanders Jr.