Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Giveaway: Your packages arrived yet?? 2 weeks & I've only heard from Udo ColinCMR Nicholas219 Ol

OK, no Spink to give away, but I'll keep us in the spirit of the holiday with another giveway. I promise the coins will be interesting. Please post your collecting interests, and I'll pick a winner around Christmas time.

Merry Christmas and may the Lord bless, guide and protect you all!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Happy Birthday to TheKidCollector1991!!! You're the first winner of my giveaway. Also, if I understand correctly, bankrood also has a birthday today too. So you're a winner too!!!! It's hard to deny people with the same birthday as myself. So congratulations!!! And please PM me your addresses.

In addition, I've selected some other winners in order keep in the spirit of the season (that is, the spirit of giving).

Refrema
FilamCoins
DBSTrader2
Oldshep
Nicholasz219
Ricke
21Walker
Clankeye
ColinCMR
mainline13
Skingspan
jscovill
1960NYGiants
Udo

All of you are winners. Please PM me your addresses. I deeply regret I couldn't make everyone a winner this time.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I assume that the following people have not received their packages??

TheKidCollector1991
Bankrood
DBSTrader2
Ricke
21Walker
Clankeye
Mainline13
Skingspan
1960NYGiants

Once again, Merry Christmas to all!!

imageimageimage
.....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22

Comments

• Options
    Cool I am in and see sigline for collecting interest.image
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    trozautrozau Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    Barbarous relics for me! image
    trozau (troy ounce gold)
  • Options
    I'm in ya dang copycat!!!!image
    Terry

eBay Store

DPOTD Jan 2005, Meet the Darksiders
  • Options
    I would love to win. My interests are Large Copper, Scandanivan Coins, and Viking Ships.

Thanks,

Bob
    I like Ikes!! But I especially like Viking Ships, Swedish Plate Money, and all coins Scandinavian.
    imageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    Ok, Im a Youngster who collects Pre-1900 coins and my birthday is in 5 DAYS!!!! WOOOHOOO!!! 21st DEC!

LOL im just sooo excited!

Thanks for entering me!

TKC!
    Want List
    Proud member of the CUFYNA
    Need a Banner Made? PM ME!
  • Options
    theboz11theboz11 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭
    My collecting interests???? Pick one, and enter me pleaseimage
  • Options
    FilamCoinsFilamCoins Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭

Hi Jest, my collecting interests are choice mint state U.S. Philippines (1903-1945), Predecimal New Zealand (1933-1965) and most recently Prussian gold mark coins from the 2nd German Empire (1872-1914). Thanks for the giveaway!

• Options
    Silvereagle82Silvereagle82 Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the opportunity...I'm interested in Maria Theresia at the moment.
  • Options
    wybritwybrit Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭
    My collecting interest is rare British 20th century and Victorian silver and bronze. Please send me a handful of MS63 or better if I win. image

Actually, don't enter me, but have a Merry Christmas!!
    Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.
  • Options
    bonkroodbonkrood Posts: 796 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Ok, Im a Youngster who collects Pre-1900 coins and my birthday is in 5 DAYS!!!! WOOOHOOO!!! 21st DEC! >>

Im a Oldster and my birthday is in 5 DAYS!!!! WOOOHOOO!!! 21st DEC! HAPPY BIRTHDAY image
    image Steam Power
  • Options
    Hello Mr. Jester,

I am a US-PHIL coin collector fanatic. Please count me in. Thanks in advance!!
    jetblack740il

==================================

Complete US-PHIL Coins for Sale, Circulation Strikes 1903-1945
  • Options
    DBSTrader2DBSTrader2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm overdue for a win - - I think I've been "shut-out" thru this '05 year................................ Thanks for the opportunity!

I collect modern (1800's-date) U.S., Canada, Maritimes, Mexico, Great Britain, Australia & New Zealand, and Euros.

Lately, my attention has been drawn mostly to Canadian tokens and the Maritimes provinces. It would be awesome if you had any such items under your tree!

Thanks!

- - Daveimage
  • Options
    Happy Holidays 1Jester!!!

I only collect South American Frontier Gold from 1855 to 1857.

Oh, and a smattering of Us-Phil, Early 20th c French, and British Victorian Silver. image
  • Options
    I usually dont get in on these giveraways because most are for coins I dont collect and would rather someone who does collect them win.

I collect coins with bears on them and Irish coins.

Thanks for the chance,
    Larry
  • Options
    Hey Jester - Love your new iconimage - enter me please and Merry Christmas!!!!
    I love ships, South and Central American, Canadian dollars coins.
    Shep
  • Options
    JZraritiesJZrarities Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the opportunity.

ANYTHING with nice original (colorful) toning.
  • Options
    Thanks for the chance.

I mainly collect Canadian coins. I also collect US Morgan dollars, as well as world coins.
  • Options
    StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am still occasionally plugging away at the OFEC collection, a Japanese type set and medals particularly focusing on Mommy/Baby themes, though I've started noticing a bit of a St. George thing going on lately. I also like getting the annual basic silver bullion collection (ie the Panda, SAE, Britannia, Onza, Australian, Chinese Fan etc). Plus gold. I like gold.

Nice to see you Jester!

Cathy

• Options
    Cool giveaway. I collect anything that catches my eye.image
  • Options
    nicholasz219nicholasz219 Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the giveaway!

I collect:

2003 Dated Coins: Fiona's Collection
    British India and Colonies with Victoria and George
    Russian (Any)
    Toned Coins

And just random crap I can't resist buying.

Thanks again!

Nick
  • Options
    Oh my, so nice!

Thanks for the giveaway! image
    List of my partial coin list: My Coin List
  • Options
    Always nice of someone to run a giveaway, and please enter me. Collecting interests are waivering at the moment due to lack of funds but a Victoria type set is calling me slowly but surely.

Dr J
  • Options
    Please count me in.

I collect coins of the spanish colonies.
  • Options
    newsmannewsman Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭
    I'm in. Surprise me. image
  • Options
    I'm in!!

German or European coins welcomed image
    My coins with pictures: http://www.paraguaycoins.com/
  • Options
    21Walker21Walker Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭
    Hello Mr. Jester, Please count me in. I am new to the darkside with pilam coins being my present target........oh, and did I say Merry Christmas..............Rick

Edited to say.......If I win and the coin is not of my interest,.......I will throw it back to your court for further distribution....Rick
    If don't look like UNC, it probrably isn't UNC.....U.S. Coast Guard. Chief Petty Officer (Retired) (1970-1990)

EBAY Items
    http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZrlamir
  • Options
    Merry Christmas, 1Jester. I am entering for a young numismatist.

I've been too lucky this year to deserve to win anything.

Clankeye
    Brevity is the soul of wit. --William Shakespeare
  • Options
    wildjagwildjag Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭
    Merry Christmas 1jester image

Please enter me in your giveaway of all your German States - Hannover coins, especially Thalers and 4 Pfennig's image
  • Options
    ColinCMRColinCMR Posts: 1,482 ✭✭✭
    My interests are everything as a history + culture buff

I have a lil focus on Canadian maritimes, tokens, Asian cash, Roman Imperial, hard to obtain Countries/issuers, stuff that takes 6 months to finally fully ID, India and Middle Eastern coins, coins with crazy shapes

thanks for the chance, MERRY CHRISTMAS!

+ a happy soon-birthday to the kid!
  • Options
    Please put my name in too. I'm into anything and everything. image
    Brad Swain

World Coin & PM Collector
    My Coin Info Pages <> My All Experts Profile
  • Options
    coinpicturescoinpictures Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭
    Pretty much anything from 1600 to 1945, but especially 19th-century British dark unc coppers. image

Merry Darkside Christmas to one and all!

• Options
    When I ever get an opportunity to get back to actively collecting, I will be a one-per-country collector, with a focus on the history. The plan is still somewhat sketchy, but I hope to start with a few ancients (Greece, Rome, China), and bring each area of the world up to the current time, advancing with not-completely-random examples of coinage from various areas/eras.

When it gets to relatively modern era (starting late 18th C or so), I would like to represent each nation's changes with a coin for each, but will most likely settle for regionals. For example, one 8-Real coin to represent all the New World spanish colonies, then separate coins for each independent nation.

Thanks for your generosity.

• Options
    thanks for the giveaway...I hope being a greysider is good enough to qualify!image I collect Canadian, and the occasional darkside coin that has a cool appearance.
  • Options
    Thanks Jester! I'm an African Copper fanatic and ... what am I saying... I'm just plain a COPPER fanatic!!!
    Cecil
    Total Copper Nutcase - African, British Ships, Channel Islands!!!
    'Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup'
  • Options
    I'm a one per country collector. But if you must know I have some greyside stuff and if you don't tell anyone I have liteside stuff too, mostly from when I was a kid. Started when I was about 9 so that is well over 40 something years ago. More like 47.
    "If I had a nickel for every nickel I ever had, I'd have all my nickels back".
  • Options
    StuartStuart Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here are the first 13 grades that I have just received for the 33 coin submission for my 17th to Mid-19th Century European Crowns & Thalers Collection submitted to PCGS on October 28th, as previously posted in This Thread.

I am very pleased that all coins were certified (no DNC's), with only one "AU-58" image for a beautiful coin that looks like a gorgeous lustrous MS-63 to me. image

I'd value any comments from some of the experienced World Crown Forum collectors, about this first submission, and about any of the coins which may have high value due to their grades, since I am not yet familiar with current market values for World Crowns. Most of these coins were purchased about 20 years ago, during the early to mid 1980's, during the early years of my coin collecting.

Thanks in advance for your replies and comments.
      1. 1857-A Thaler AUSTRIA MS64
      2. 1879 5 Din Type 1 SERBIA MS65
      3. 1883 Rouble Coronation RUSSIA AU58
      4. 1887 Crown Gr.Britain MS64
      5. 1887 Dbl Fl Arabic 1 Gr.Britain MS62
      6. 1892 Crown Gr.Britain MS64
      7. 1903 F 5 Mark WURTTEM MS63
      8. 1906 5 Lei ROMANIA MS63
      9. 1908 5 Cor AUSTRIA MS63
      10. 1913 D 5 Mark BAVARIA MS62
      11. 1914 BC Rouble RUSSIA MS63
      12. 1928 45 Pst CYPRUS MS64
      13. 1935 50 Fr Railway BELGIUM MS63
      Here are some of my favorites in the other group of 20 older coins remaining to be graded, submitted in a different batch at the same time.

1633 Salzburg Taler (Ch AU/Unc) - Paris Graf v Lodron (DAV-3504) - Click Here for High Resolution Photo

1633 Salzburg Taler (Ch AU/Unc) - Paris Graf v Lodron (DAV-3504)
      imageimage

1653 Saxony Taler - Johann Georg I (Dav-7612) Choice Mint State - Click Here for High Resolution Photo

1653 Saxony Taler - Johann Georg I (Dav-7612) - Appears Choice Mint State
      imageimage

1780 Mexico Charles III 8 Reales in Choice Mint State - Click Here for High Resolution Images

1780 Mexico Charles III 8 Reales in Choice Mint State
      imageimage

Closeup of the Date

Stuart

Collect 18th & 19th Century US Type Coins, Silver Dollars, $20 Gold Double Eagles and World Crowns & Talers with High Eye Appeal

"Luck is what happens when Preparation meets Opportunity"
    • Options
      Currently working on a collection of large silver crown size coins. I think it will keep me busy for a while. Thanks for the chance.

Steve
    • Options
      Neat giveaway. Merry Christmas. If I win, please pick out something worldly that would help encourage my 2 early teen daughters get the collecting bug. Don't have a real focus right yet for myself so I think that would make my girls a neat Christmas addition.
    • Options
      1960NYGiants1960NYGiants Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭✭
      Hi jester,

Thanks for the chance. See my sig line for interests.

Gene

Hint: I do not have any 1960 dated Polish coinsimage
      Gene

Life member #369 of the Royal Canadian Numismatic Association
      Member of Canadian Association of Token Collectors

Collector of:
      Canadian coins and pre-confederation tokens
      Darkside proof/mint sets dated 1960
      My Ebay
    • Options
      bosoxbosox Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭✭
      Thanks, Jester. I'm in.
      Numismatic author & owner of the Uncommon Cents collections. 2011 Fred Bowman award winner, 2020 J. Douglas Ferguson award winner, & 2022 Paul Fiocca award winner.

http://www.victoriancent.com
    • Options
      MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
      South Africian, Dominican Republic, Guatemala and of course Cook Island Weenie coins!!!
      It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• Options
      UdoUdo Posts: 984 ✭✭
      Is it still possible to enter? I collect everything what is nice. image

Thanks for the chance, Jester image
      imageimage
    • Options
      1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
      TTT for winners in first post!

imageimageimage
      .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
    • Options
      StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
      imageimageimage

Happy Birthday to all three of you image

Cathy

• Options
      Thank you Cathy!!

imageimageimage
      .....GOD

• Options
      21Walker21Walker Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭
      Thank You Mr Jester and have a Merry Christmas....Rick
      If don't look like UNC, it probrably isn't UNC.....U.S. Coast Guard. Chief Petty Officer (Retired) (1970-1990)

EBAY Items
      http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZrlamir
    • Options
      All packages were sent out today, so be looking for them in about a week.

Happy Collecting!

imageimageimage
      .....GOD

• Options
      FilamCoinsFilamCoins Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭

Mine arrived! Thanks so much for your most generous giveaway. A true gentleman!!!
    • Options
      Thank you, FilamCoins!

imageimageimage
      .....GOD

• Options
      Well, my dad hasn't been in work(thats where the Post box is) for quite a while because of the eid holidays and the kuwaiti ruler just passed away image He will be going on wednesday, it should come by then, if not then the post office is late, because of eid.

Thanks!
      Want List
      Proud member of the CUFYNA
      Need a Banner Made? PM ME!