Home Sports Talk
Options

Who will win the Bush Bowl?

CardsFanCardsFan Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭
With the Jets and Pack winning it looks like it may come down to that final weekend game of the 49ers and Texans. Texans are playing hard, first the miracle comeback by the Ravens last week, and this week they miss a short field goal to tie the game in the final seconds.

Comments

• Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    Texans will trade the #1 pick if they get it. Davis is still a very good back an they need O line help BIG TIME. He looks to be a lock for
    the Niner's..you have to wonder if Carroll would take a job there too.

Kevin
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    Texans would draft Bush in a minute....who cares how good so and so is, Bush is a once in a generation type player...and since when do teams just need one feature back? Look how well Denver has been running the ball for what, a decade, by committee?

They need O line help, but there'd be rioting in the streets if they trade away the #1 pick.

And why in the hell would Pete Carroll trade the idyllic life he has now to go run the niners? He's the king of LA, his players love him, he's on the brink of an unprecedented third national championship game, and everyone and their brother are dying to go to USC and play, making recruiting nearly unneeded. Throw in the sun and surf of SoCal, and you have a perfect situation.

Trade that for a franchise that is mired in hoplessness, run by a tight fisted owner who, in his first offseason, dealt the pro bowl QB and WR, and their #1 RB and got nothing in return?

I don't think ANYONE would make that trade.
  • Options
    Seeing that horrid FG attempt last Sunday, you have to wonder if the Texans really are dogging it to get the #1 pick.
  • Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    Texans fans would most likely be po'd if they traded the pick (if they do get the #1 pick) but they need ALOT more than Reggie Bush.

There are only two things in the college football/NFL draft that are guaranteed every year:
    1) There is a #1 pick in the NFL Draft
    2) There is a Heisman Trophy winner every year

I for one also believe that Reggie Bush is a once in a generation type player. I also thought Salaam was as well. Same thing for Rozier and Rogers, although I was only 13 years old and didn't know that much ... but I "knew" that Toretta would not amount to much and felt the same way about Tetmer, Dayne and Crouch.

More than one team will offer too much to trade up to get Bush. If I were in charge of the Texans, I would take the best offer.
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards