2»

Comments

• Options
    saintgurusaintguru Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭
    LLoyd...Thanks a lot for the invite....schmuck! image
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,315 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yowser! Lloyd!

I'd kill to be in your spot in the pic 3rd up from the bottom!!! Even the bottom pick...forget Cam!!! He's too busy for that image
    Need your car washed? shoes shined? What's it gonna take?

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
    Dang lloyd, you arer way cooler than the average coin collector.
    coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section
  • Options
    He is emulating my life as it WAS. image
  • Options
    Awesome party with Paris Hilton. Wow! Who is the blonde just for me?

Cameron Kiefer
  • Options
    elwoodelwood Posts: 2,414
    Lloyd you need to grow your hair outimage
    Please visit my website prehistoricamerica.com www.visitiowa.org/pinecreekcabins
  • Options
    Dang Lloyd, you've got it going on - I feel like a geek after reading your thread.
  • Options
    I'm speechless! I'll just say thanks for sharing and making my day much brighter.

RegistryNut image
  • Options
    SteveSteve Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭
    This is indeed one of the best threads I've read on this forum. Thanks lloydmincy and thanks to you too, Stewart.

I first heard about Stewart Blay and his Lincoln cent collection from Sol Taylor in his 3rd Edition of "The Standard Guide to the Lincoln Cent" published in 1992. I had made a small price trending contribution to the book and I saw the section where Sol had listed all of Stewart's then certified Lincoln's under the title of "The Ultimate Lincoln Cent Set". I can see that most of those coins have been upgraded since then, but the words that Sol Taylor wrote about Stewart's set then,"World's Finest Certified Lincoln Cent Collection" still apply.

What makes Stewart's position as an all time top Numismatist even more special is his involvement via these coin forums to provide both educational information and some "fun" comments. Thank you again Stewart, from an average but dedicated Lincoln cent collector. Steve image
  • Options
    I notice that Tyson did not have a costume -- guess he did not need one! image
  • Options
    WE ARE NOT WORTHYWE ARE NOT WORTHYWE ARE NOT WORTHY
    WE ARE NOT WORTHYWE ARE NOT WORTHWE ARE NOT WORTHY
    This is a very dumb ass thread. - Laura Sperber - Tuesday January 09, 2007 11:16 AM image

Hell, I don't need to exercise.....I get enough just pushing my luck.
  • Options
    MacCrimmonMacCrimmon Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭

<< <i>He is emulating my life as it WAS. image >>

Ha! I'll wager Nicole is worth a million "party nights".image

Nice thread, Lloyd. And SB, thanks for a brief peek at those Lincolns.
  • Options
    I tried to give this thread a double whammy. Coins and Babes. How'd I do???image

The Accumulator - Dark Lloyd of the Sith

• Options
    shylockshylock Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭
    A visit to Stewart's bank vault is pure numismatic fun to a Lincoln collector, much like winning a trip to Willy Wonka's chocolate factory. You never know what he's going to pull out next.

Stewart kind of reminds me of Gene Wilder now that I think of it..
  • Options
    TorinoCobra71TorinoCobra71 Posts: 8,033 ✭✭✭
    Great Story and Pics, Thanks!

TorinoCobra71

• Options
    Lloyd -

Great post that I can relate to. When it comes to Stewart's collection it's hard to pick a place to start or finish.

Stewart's IH collection continues to blow me away. I saw most of them at the IH Showdown Long Beach 2001 where his collection became recognized as the finest known. He's since upgraded that set considerably. And this guy specializes in Lincolns and Barbers.
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried to give this thread a double whammy. Coins and Babes. How'd I do??? image

much improved image

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    MrScienceMrScience Posts: 727 ✭✭✭
    Sparty can definitely party! image
  • Options
    Congratulations, Stewart; that's the way to collection.

And congratulations Lloyd. Great day; great post -- and cutie pies in the bargain!

Best wishes,

Just Having Fun
    Jefferson nickels, Standing Libs, and US-Philippines rock
  • Options
    cutie pies=hookers image
  • Options
    FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I tried to give this thread a double whammy. Coins and Babes. How'd I do??? >>

Not bad but could be better( pics had too much of a snapshot quality to them - get a pro to shoot next time image ). Make it at least an annual gig and you could pull numismatics out of the nerdish-geek universe in which it currently seems to exist. Also, you could pump some much needed color into this place.

<< <i>And congratulations Lloyd. Great day; great post -- and cutie pies in the bargain! >>

<< <i>cutie pies=hookers >>

I was thinking the babes looked like a bunch of Models.

There is a difference. Isn't there? image

Looked to me like "Iron Mike" has become "cardboard Mike". imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    Fullstrike and everyone else:

The Hollywood party pics were already developed from my cheap disposable camera I had at the party. I used my digital camera to take pictures of them to post. That's why you see the white glares -the flash from my digital!!! (Those disposables are better than my digital most the time).

We always have a professional photographer take pictures at the parties. Haven't gotten them back yet.

Saintguru and Fullstrike: In California, (here now), isn't it a fine line between cutiepies/hookers/models???

We pay for it one way or another anyway!!!!! imageNone were call girls. That I know of....

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,907 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lloydmincy, ... that was one excellent piece of writing and it had me gripped from the first sentence. It is writing and story telling like that which enhances the aura around numismatics and generates excitement in the community.

It surely must have been something to see through your own loupe, and though I don't know you, or Stewart... you express it openly as though you are speaking to family, so I thank you for that.

But I do not know how you made it out of that vault alive. As the story began to unfold, my heart began to race and one cannot even imagine without seeing a top collection what it must look like.
    I think I would have had a cardiac. The pics after the prodding by Russ and company were cool, too.

Is Mr Tyson's voice really that high or does it just sound that way on T.V. image

and the girls ???..... is it true the camera makes 'em look bigger ? ha ha on the "double whammy"
  • Options
    FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭

<< <i>is it true the camera makes 'em look bigger >>

Not always. These days women like to have their lips injected with cologen to give them that "Angelina Jolie" look.

In the bottom pic of the QT blonde babe I can't tell if she is puckering up for Cameron or maybe she has had just a little too much cologen. Or perhaps she's drinking too much and just wiping the drunken drool off her chin. image

• Options
    The best part of this thread are the coins Lloyd was privilaged to see. The party pics detract from the original post -- who cares? -- but I guess that's what's this forum has regressed to.
  • Options
    SethChandlerSethChandler Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭✭
    Cool thread. Both Stewart and Lloyd love coins!
    Collecting since 1976.
  • Options
    BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭
    Wow, wish I could spend a few days in that vault. Not much of a penny collector but I still appreciate their beauty. I would love to get a look at the Kutasi gold collection some day. Best Gaudens Eagle collection on record and getting close on the Double Eagles.
  • Options
    Back to coins!!!!

Maybe most of you have seen these pictures before...
    Some of the ones I talked about and viewed at the "bank show". 1911 68RD was my favorite:

imageimage

Oh heck, it's the holidays. Here's a couple bonuses. My 1916. Though not too valuable, I love the picture. The 1916/1916 MS64 Buffalo WAS mine, (sold recently Heritage September) but I wanted to share the picture and the doubling - so striking. I had Mgoodm3 take theses pics - the infamous Doctor Mark Goodman.

imageimage
    imageimage

My J-1992 pattern, and the coin I got from Israel Switt's Great Granddaughter. OOPS, HOW DO I DELETE!!!???

• Options
    but you HATE Saints, Mr. Heifer...I mean Hefner. image
  • Options
    savoyspecialsavoyspecial Posts: 7,270 ✭✭✭✭
    bumping this thread........nice read

www.brunkauctions.com

• Options
    Great pictures, great story!!!!!!!
    Perfect Transactions-Jamericon, bestclser1, DNADave, CoinAuctionsHelp, cucamongacoin, SeaEagleCoins(2), Walkerguy21D, tigermaroo, stainless, keets, pakasmom(2), ELKevvo, joebb1, bstat1020, Hmann, DRUNNER, BigJohnD
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    cool thread. hope that someday those coins are on display again image
  • Options
    Thanks for sharing.
    BGG
  • Options
    The GREATEST Lincoln Cent Collector.

Put up his money when most viewed Lincoln Cents as child's play. Sought out the best examples he could find.
    20+ years of searching, going to shows, etc.

Much thanks to Stewart for his contribution to the advancement of collecting Mint state Lincolns.

imageimage
    Collector of Early 20th Century U.S. Coinage.
    ANA Member R-3147111
  • Options
    SeattleSlammerSeattleSlammer Posts: 9,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    great post with great pics, thanks!

• Options

<< <i>The GREATEST Lincoln Cent Collector.

Put up his money when most viewed Lincoln Cents as child's play. Sought out the best examples he could find.
    20+ years of searching, going to shows, etc.

Much thanks to Stewart for his contribution to the advancement of collecting Mint state Lincolns.

image >>

• Options
    PLEPLE Posts: 193 ✭✭
    How do we know that these coins weren't doctored?

According to Don Willis, his graders can't tell if a Lincoln has been recolored by a coin doctor. If PCGS's experts can't tell, how do any of us know?

Incidentally, what does the owner do for a living? Is he a sculptor/artist who is skilled at very detailed work with stone and metal?
  • Options
    kazkaz Posts: 9,079 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Excellent reading!
  • Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Excellent reading! >>

imageimage
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    swhuckswhuck Posts: 546 ✭✭✭
    I'm drooling just thinking about the '58 DDO...
    Sincerely,

Stewart Huckaby
    mailto:stewarth@HA.com
    ------------------------------------------
    Heritage Auctions
    Heritage Auctions

2801 W. Airport Freeway

Dallas, Texas 75261

Phone: 1-800-US-COINS, x1355
    Heritage Auctions
  • Options
    pmacpmac Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭
    The bank vault could be called the "Other Lincoln Center". Too bad that the party pics have been replaced by the little red x's.
    Paul
  • Options
    Wow, thanks for sharing. What do you mean by "the princess"?
    www.canadiancoppercoins.com

@Largecents on twitter
  • Options
    TWQGTWQG Posts: 3,145 ✭✭
    I'm sorry that I missed this thread. Good read.
  • Options
    You dog! Great story, thanks for sharing it!image
  • Options
    Great story - sounds very cool.
  • Options

<< <i>Wow, thanks for sharing. What do you mean by "the princess"? >>

nickname for Stewart's 1877 IHC.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Wow, thanks for sharing. What do you mean by "the princess"? >>

nickname for Stewart's 1877 IHC. >>

And you can see it in part 2 of the videos of Stewart's Flying Eagle and IHC collection posted on YouTube by Rick Snow.

Part 1

Part 2

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file