Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

New ANACS holders coming soon but not at Baltimore.... Darn.

I sent a question to ANACS about the Baltimore show and got a nice reply from James Taylor. He will be at the show.

Unfortunately, no show submission specials other than the usual $15 for 10 day service. That's not too bad considering you save a registered shipment by handing them over in person.

About the new slabs. We won't see them at Baltimore. The launch is set for the FUN show January 4. No details yet but he did say that all who have seen them respond with "WOW!".

I'm looking forward to it personally and may go economy to get the newer slabs rather than old. My biggest hope for them is that they have labeling on the top spine so you can see it from a storage box or stack. Other than that, I was OK with the old ones but I suppose a consistent size (i.e. PCGS "standard") would be a good thing.
-Bob
collections: Maryland related coins & exonumia, 7070 Type set, and Video Arcade Tokens.
The Low Budget Y2K Registry Set

Comments

• Options
    robertprrobertpr Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭
    "Wow, that's great" or "Wow, that sucks!"? image
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,419 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the future, ANACS will be a force to contend with. I think even the Kool-aid drinkers will admit that competition is good for this industry.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,938 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is going to be interesting. Many of the big-time, investor-oriented dealers have spent the last 15+ years badmouthing all TPG's except the big two. What are they going to do if ANACS makes moves that would put it equal to or even better than one or both of the big two? This is a critical time for ANACS. They have to make some very smart moves and then back them up with excellent marketing.

The big two have left the door open for a top notch competitor. Will ANACS be up to the challenge? It will be interesting to watch.
    All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    xbobxbob Posts: 1,979

<< <i>"Wow, that's great" or "Wow, that sucks!"? image >>

"WOW" that's great. He said the new slab style is head and shoulders above the rest. Perhaps other TPGs will have to do a re-design soon too if the new features are that good.

We'll see in January.
    -Bob
    collections: Maryland related coins & exonumia, 7070 Type set, and Video Arcade Tokens.
    The Low Budget Y2K Registry Set
  • Options
  • Options
    ANACS slabs have been a huge source in value material for years. Any serious collector should have been looking at coins slabbed by ANACS just as much as PCGS or NGC.
    Everything I write is my opinion.

Looking for alot of crap.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file