Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Anyone want to hazard a grade guess on this $2 1/2 Indian?

or do my pictures still suck so bad no one wants to guess?

Comments

• Options
    nice color, nice detail for the most part. alot of light sctraches to the eagle side ( alot of chatter i guess you call them), the head dress has very minor wear

i guess MS -61
    Founder of the NDCCA. *WAM Count : 025. *NDCCA Database Count : 2,610. *You suck 6/24/10. <3 In memory of Tiggar 5/21/1994 - 5/28/2010 <3
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,420 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice looking AU58. Also, appears to be genuine which is no small consideration for this series.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    MikeInFLMikeInFL Posts: 10,188 ✭✭✭✭
    AU 63

Collector of Large Cents, US Type, and modern pocket change.
  • Options
    tough series to grade. Looks like few distracting marks but there is some wear on the headband on the obverse so I'll go with the AU58 guess.

By the way - the reverse looks MS64
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,420 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just because its an AU-58 doesn't mean it won't be slabbed as a MS-61/62 by one of the top 3 TPGS. Market grading---ya gotta love it.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    TheRavenTheRaven Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭✭
    I would say AU-58.....
    Collection under construction: VG Barber Quarters & Halves
  • Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,938 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AU50.
    All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    Wow! Nice Indian!!

Almost all of the design in the headband is there I can't see the very top though. It looks like some slight wear on the puff ball thingys in the headband. Although I think they are usually pretty flat. The Reverse is great, look at the shoulder of the eagle. You can see all of the feathers but it looks like slight wear there also. It could be just a little weak on the strike that makes it look like wear on the two spot I mentioned. I like it. I say

STRONG AU58
  • Options
    AU-55
  • Options
    AU-55
  • Options
    jayboxxjayboxx Posts: 1,613 ✭✭
    Cool, my pics must be getting better then since no one complained about the quality. I had it sitting around for the past 10 years so I thought I would put it up on Ebay to see what happens.
  • Options
    Luscious pics! I am no expert in these incusive Indians but ran through a bunch of PCGS examples recently: several were less attractive and weaker than your example and were in 62 holders. PCGS seems to allow a fair amount of "rub" if not frank wear in these soft coins so I gave up trying to grade them. PCGS does crank their MS standards higher for 63 and especially for 64, but you'll see 61 and 62 holders with AU coins. Guess that's common knowlege but it took me a while to believe it.

Rob
    Modern dollars are like children - before you know it they'll be all grown up.....

Questions about Ikes? Go to The IKE GROUP WEB SITE
  • Options

<< <i>Text >>

Funny!!!!!!image
    Modern dollars are like children - before you know it they'll be all grown up.....

• Options
    Forgive my learning curve in this board.... I tried to quote "AU63", one heck of a pithy comment that says it all! Rob

• Options
    saintgurusaintguru Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭
    AU58. The incused gold is so hard to grade unless you have it in hand.
  • Options
    61/62
  • Options
    LongacreLongacre Posts: 16,717 ✭✭✭
    AU-58, but I can see it in an MS-61 holder.
    Always took candy from strangers
    Didn't wanna get me no trade
    Never want to be like papa
    Working for the boss every night and day
    --"Happy", by the Rolling Stones (1972)
  • Options
    gyocomgdgyocomgd Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭
    Just impossible to nail it down, especially with the low camera angle. It's very hard to discern rub from a weak strike. I had an au58 that looked better and an ms62 that looked worse. Fortunately the price margin between 58 and 60 is very small.
  • Options
    I see it in a 62 holder, and I'm gonna snipe it from Jade- haha..
  • Options
    jayboxxjayboxx Posts: 1,613 ✭✭
    If someone from here does buy it and gets it slabbed I would be interested in knowing what it actually is. Guess I am too lazy to drive over to PCGS to have them do it. image
  • Options
    JJMJJM Posts: 7,982 ✭✭✭✭✭
    55..... golds tricky
    👍BST's erickso1,cone10,MICHAELDIXON,TennesseeDave,p8nt,jmdm1194,RWW,robkool,Ahrensdad,Timbuk3,Downtown1974,bigjpst,mustanggt,Yorkshireman,idratherbgardening,SurfinxHI,derryb,masscrew,Walkerguy21D,MJ1927,sniocsu,Coll3tor,doubleeagle07,luciobar1980,PerryHall,SNMAM,mbcoin,liefgold,keyman64,maprince230,TorinoCobra71,RB1026,Weiss,LukeMarshall,Wingsrule,Silveryfire, pointfivezero,IKE1964,AL410, Tdec1000, AnkurJ,guitarwes,Type2,Bp777,jfoot113,JWP,mattniss,dantheman984,jclovescoins,Collectorcoins,Weather11am,Namvet69,kansasman,Bruce7789,ADG,Larrob37
  • Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

MSNICE!

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file