Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

New Zealand

After 3 years of collecting only Philippines, I've started on a new series ... Predecimal New Zealand! Although this will be a 2x2 album collection, I couldn't pass on this one to crack out.

1942 New Zealand 3d NGC MS67
imageimage

Any Kiwi collectors out there???

Comments

• Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭✭
    After 3 years of collecting only Philippines, I've started on a new series ... Predecimal New Zealand! Although this will be a 2x2 album collection, I couldn't pass on this one to crack out.

That's the kind of excuses I was telling myself when I started Switzerland. A Dansco album only in the beginning, then you start coming across way too many nice coins such as this 3d that you can't resist,so you say why not a slabbed type set too, and look at me now. image

Nice coin!image
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    MacCrimmonMacCrimmon Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭

<< <i>After 3 years of collecting only Philippines, I've started on a new series ... Predecimal New Zealand! Although this will be a 2x2 album collection, I couldn't pass on this one to crack out.

That's the kind of excuses I was telling myself when I started Switzerland. A Dansco album only in the beginning, then you start coming across way too many nice coins such as this 3d that you can't resist,so you say why not a slabbed type set too, and look at me now. image

Nice coin!image >>

image Sounds like another John J. Pittman in the making......both of you!!image
  • Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you Mr Mac Mehl. image
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    FilamCoinsFilamCoins Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭

You're right, SYRACUSIAN. I'm doomed from the start!!! image
  • Options

<< <i>
    1942 New Zealand 3d NGC MS67
    imageimage

image >>

What a great coin! I really like the toning color. Good luck on your new series.
  • Options
    AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭
    I have always thought New Zealand would be fun, very nice coin!
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I have always thought New Zealand would be fun, very nice coin! >>

Me too. Super coin!

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    New Zealand is fun and I especially like the shillings. Just be careful not to get suckered into the pre-decimal copper nickel. They'll drive you nuts!
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a sweet 3d!

I believe there were albums for the New Zealand predecimal coinage...?

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    shirohniichanshirohniichan Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭

<< <i>That's a sweet 3d!

I believe there were albums for the New Zealand predecimal coinage...? >>

I have a Dansco that holds both decimal and pre-decimal type. It'll be along time until I can aford a nice Waitangi. image
    Obscurum per obscurius