Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Update on My Quest for 100 psa 8 or Better Vintage Sets

2»

Comments

• Options
    DavalilloDavalillo Posts: 1,846 ✭✭
    Jackstraw,

About 2 1/2 hours. I may have a person coming from Simsbury as well.

Jim
  • Options
    Jim

My wife has family in Saddlebrook. She has been bugging me for a visit. How close is that????

Dave
    Visit my site @ www.djjscards.com
  • Options
    Dave,

That would truly be an honor if you came.

Saddlebrook is approximately a 40 minute drive from my house.

Given the interest I will try to give everyone at least a month's notice as to what Saturday it will be.

Jim
  • Options
    shouldabeena10shouldabeena10 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Given the interest I will try to give everyone at least a month's notice as to what Saturday it will be. >>

Jim obviously meant to say Friday, Saturday & Sunday ... as the big bon fire and the first band usually play Friday night ... then there's the annual flag football game we all play on Sunday before we break camp. This year Art (Skinsfan) will be coaching the Southern team to victory again!

Mike

PS - The labs had puppies last month and we named one of them "Jimbo" ... cause he kept hoarding all of the other puppies food when they weren't looking. image
    "Vintage Football Cards" A private Facebook Group of 4000 members, for vintage football card trading, sales & auctions. https://facebook.com/groups/vintagefootball/
  • Options
    Shouldabeen- You crack me up.image I can't wait for your next installment.
    Baseball is my Pastime, Football is my Passion
  • Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭
    Count me in for the Flag Football game! The league I play in now I was coined the nickname Johnny Vicknfarveimage
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Options
    Frank,

I agree--Mike is the funniest guy I have ever encountered on any of the board I just hope nobody believes him and will be coming to my house looking for these things.

Because it sounds like people could be coming from long distances for this, my "party will consist of

1)Unlimited access to my "room"--as long as you want to look you can stay.

2)Dinner-drinks etc.

3)Collectors/dealers/grading co personnel. Last one Dave Forman, president of SGC, came and spoke to future direction of company, as well as all of their graders. Perhaps I could convince the King of Vintage Basketball, the Rabbi and Old Man to come out and bring their cards.

Jim

• Options
    Mikes comments are 'tongue in cheek", but it's a good thing you cleared that up Jim. As generous as your offer is you wouldn't want to disappoint anyone. I live in Huntington, Long Island but this is one trip I would gladly make.
    Baseball is my Pastime, Football is my Passion
  • Options
    FabFrank,

I was born in Huntington and live age 1-7 in Kings Park before moving to Westhampton.

Jim
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    What? Hootie ain't coming??? maybe we can get Johhny Maestro and the Brooklyn bridge then!

Dav........great job on the upgrades!

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>FabFrank and SoftParade,

I will e-mail you about the next "Lillopalooza" as Mike would call it--hope you both can make it.

Mike,

We're going to go for a local band from my era==I got Jay Black and the Americans this year--and please if you insist on bringing your 7 labs this year---keep them on my property.

Dav >>

sounds like too much fun. I am looking forward to this !

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options
    SOMSOM Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭
    Heck...I live in Los Angeles, and I would fly across the USA to check out your exhibit, Jim!

Are Californians welcome?

Nick
  • Options
    Are Californians welcome?

Nick--you are welcome

David Vargha is welcome

Don Louchios and John Branca are welcome.

Mike Baker, Steve Rocchi and Danny Fisher of GAI are welcome

Andy Madec and Mr. Memory Lane himself, JP Cohen are welcome

Heck, Joe Orlando is welcome.

But there is one Californian who is definately not welcome.

Jim
  • Options
    He's welcome here!
    Collector Focus

• Options
    Oh and one of my favorite Californians of all, Greg Schwartz(Bottom of the Ninth) who has done a lot to expose the alteration of baseball cards--probably at the expense of his business.
  • Options
    Jim -

Was wondering how you were faring on your 100 set quest. Good to see progress is still being made!
  • Options
    Hey Jim, i think i can help your 57 set i took a look and have a few you need. Maybe this will for sure get me a invite Jeff
    Always Buying & Collecting 1957 Topps Baseball 1914 cj,s 1978 bb and any Hof bb
  • Options
    Steve,

Good to hear from you.

How is Phil Ortega doing?

Have lost track of you recently--believe I introduced you to LTS--didn't I?

Hope all well.

Jim

Jeff,

That would be terrific--I am down to 7 cards I need in that set in psa 8 or better--pls e-mail me at jdc122@aol.com.

Jim
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    But there is one Californian who is definately not welcome.

?

I can think of a Texan that ain't welcome.

SD
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Steve,

Yup, one Texan, one Californian, one Pennsylvanian, one from Maryland and two or three more low-lifes that I have no idea where they are from.

Other than that, the world can come.

Jim
  • Options
    BugOnTheRugBugOnTheRug Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭
    Don't know what Californian you're refering to but it's moot point regardless, as our family is moving to Madison, NJ. at the end of March. I purchased my step-uncle Wilbur's Laundro-Mart business at 20 Cooks Plaza. Sadly he became involved with his bookeeper (who is married) and is now a father-to-be at 58, plus is dealing with the pending lawsuit - hence the buyout opportunity.

I know you live somewhere in NJ, so if you're within a 100 mi. radius, maybe you can trade some of your 1970's kelloggs psa 7/8's for some dry-cleaning - just a thought.

Sign me - NJ bound
  • Options
    Jim
    Thats lame! The guy from PA. is one of the nicest guys in the hobby! You are way off base on that one! I bet you couldn't get anyone here or at your party to say anything bad about him?
    Collector Focus

• Options
    Jackstraw,

Maybe so but it is my party at my house and there are a half dozen or so people in the hobby that I don't want there--really as simple as that.

Jim
  • Options

<< <i>But there is one Californian who is definately not welcome.

?

I can think of a Texan that ain't welcome.

SD >>

who's that?
    The Link below will take you to the PSA Boards 1952 Set Build, I also have made 5 slideshows each slideshow is 100 cards long, card numbers 1-99,100-199,200-299,300-399, and 400-407
    Link To Scanned 1952 Topps Cards Set is now 90% Complete Plus Slideshows of the 52 Set
  • Options
    dudedude Posts: 1,454 ✭✭
    Hi Jim -- I'd love to go to your soirée, but unfortunately I'm geographically challenged. Please look me up the next time you come to town and I promise I'll take you up on that free lunch offer. As for the banned Texan, you shouldn't be so harsh on Scott Susor. I've actually heard he's a nice guy.
  • Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    As for the banned Texan, you shouldn't be so harsh on Scott Susor. I've actually heard he's a nice guy.

Dan, I do not think he is referring to Scott ... I think it is either George W or Bill Parcells.
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    Dan,

Ha ha--that was funny.

I want to like Scott but I am always the one buying drinks when we get together in Houston. Also, he insists on putting all his cards up on ebay--even if he knows I need them--what kind of a guy would do that??

Will try again to get together in Houston on a coming visit.

Jim
  • Options
    BugOnTheRugBugOnTheRug Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭

<< <i>.........even if he knows I need them--what kind of a guy would do that?? >>

Uh............maybe a smart guy would do that............uh
  • Options
    mealewormmealeworm Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭
    what now???
    1957 Topps 99% 7.40 GPA
    Hank Aaron Basic PSA 7-8(75%)
  • Options
    PSA owes this collector free regrades, period.
    My sets:
    1977 Topps Star Wars - "Space Swashbucklers"