Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Hope the $5 Nov. CC Special extends thru Dec.

That would be a nice Holiday present, Joe. I need some more time to get my cards together. Maybe some others share this sentiment.

Johnimage
Lawrence Taylor #1 Basic/Master
1993 Pro Set Power All-Power-Defense Gold #1

Comments

• Options
    lommerlommer Posts: 160 ✭✭
    I'm working my tail off trying to get my sub ready for the $5 special. If they do extend it through December, it would be nice if they would announce it on Monday!
  • Options
    mcastaldimcastaldi Posts: 1,130 ✭✭
    I would seriously doubt they'll continue the current special another month. Considering in October, there was a 1970s special. . .then in November there's a 1972-Present special, I would be surprised if they continued to run specials on 70s and later stuff again. It would be a pleasant surprise, mind you. But it would surprise me nonetheless.

Mike
    So full of action, my name should be a verb.
  • Options

My vote's with an extra month extension on the $ 5 special. With all that goes on during Nov/Dec, we need the extra time to get our submissions together.
    Currently collecting

Vintage golf, 1981-82 Donruss golf, and a few other odds and ends.

• Options
    Vintagegolfcollector> "With all that goes on during Nov/Dec, we need the extra time to get our submissions together."

It takes over two months to get a submission together? You must submit a lot more cards than I do.

Mike
  • Options
    Last year they extended it another month, im banking on them extending it again, cause I have a huge submission to send (hello PSA!)
  • Options
    I vote for an extension of the current special... ;-))))))))))
    Rangerman / ARMEDPILOT

B)
  • Options
    gameusedhoopgameusedhoop Posts: 3,544 ✭✭✭
    My vote, for what it's worth, is that they finish grading the October specials before doing any December specials. They have their $$$, they never seem to get behind on the check cashing process, FIFO is king, now lets try doing something to earn it.
  • Options
    tkd7tkd7 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭
    A 1950's $5 special would be nice
  • Options
    RipkenRipken Posts: 559 ✭✭✭
    How about something for star cards..any year. 12 bucks gets a little pricey.
  • Options
    Ripken> The current 1972-Present special allows anything with a value of $500 or more - which pretty much covers anything from those years. How many cards from 1972-present can you think of that have a value of $500+?

Obviously, if you have 50s and 60s stuff to submit, the current special won't help much.

Mike
  • Options
    An extension would be nice as I'm waiting for my business partner to get back from Thanksgiving with a factory sealed 1975 Topps baseball set.

I never thought there was such a thing, but his friend (who's giving it to us) insists he has one. We're planning to just send the entire set right off to PSA...
  • Options
    dgbaseball> While that's certainly one way to get a 100% complete graded 1975 Topps set, but I would suggest you look the cards over prior to sending them in. Considering you can pick up about half the set on eBay in PSA8 for the cost of grading or less, how much sense does it make to send in an entire set? Plus, a factory set is going to resemble any other unopened product in that the centering and corners will vary quite a bit. Plus, for any submission, you should put each card into a Card Saver I - so there will be some time involved anyway.

I just fear that if you send in an entire set without scrutinizing every card you're setting yourself up for a pretty serious disappointment.

Mike
  • Options
    envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭
    I have some 81, 83 and 84 Topps and Fleer baseball that I'd like to send in but pulled them from the sub I dropped off at the PO this morning for financial reasons. I needed to get my cards for my Heisman set in under this special and the other 100 or so cards from the 80's just weren't worth doing just yet. But once all my xmas presents are bought I may have some extra funds to send in another sub.

I'd really like a different 50's or 60's special as my other cards just aren't worth the $12 and the "star" restriction for some players on the last specials precluded me from sending them in. $5-$6 for an ExMt-NmMt regional star card is fine with me...but PSA argued that since they were listed in the SMR they didn't qualify. So my submissions in both cases were unpacked and put back in the box waiting for the day they would be accepted.

<end rant>

Soooo...lets see what happens. I suppose we'll find out on Thursday or Friday.
  • Options
    Looks like I'll have to put my modern submission on hold. '60 to '71 hockey and football(coins OK but not tallboys or oversized). Set Reg special is same as November. $12/5 days. image
  • Options
    Where did you see the new monthly special? I have not yet seen it.
  • Options
    I called customer service and they gave me the info.
  • Options
    I guess they have some catching up to do.
  • Options
    Is it $5 per card for the 60-71?
  • Options
  • Options
    Yes, $5 per card for '60-71 Dec. CC Special.
  • Options
    In my best Eric Cartman voice:

Sweeeeeeeet!!!
  • Options
    I still see the November special. Where does the December appear?
  • Options
    If you click on the specials icon showing the November special it will take you to the December specials.

I called PSA because I thought this special was worded badly (No star or HOF cards). Typically star cards are over $500, but for this special it is supposed to be commons only. So if it is in the book, then you aren't supposed to submit it. So much for the 100-150 cards I have to send in. Guess the set builders from the 60-71 will enjoy.